sam zeff to Umass | The Boneyard

sam zeff to Umass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I wuld love to know wtf the situation was for his pick.

Reaction Score
I wuld love to know wtf the situation was for his pick.

Maybe it was the same reason Rutgers cooled on him, I'd like to believe that we were no longer interested in him, but that may not be the casse.

Reaction Score
Why all the angst?? Zeff had questionable offers from 2 BCS level teams (Rutgers and UConn), and an offer from Temple. This is the type of player that a team may take a commit from in December or January if other higher leve prospects don't pan out, but would be bummed if UConn filled their roster with this type of player in June. All this means is that UConn has a good shot at higher level prospects and didn't need to settle for Zeff.

pj

Reaction Score
UConnRock, I think we have less visibility into the UConn recruiting process than do fans from other schools. We don't have a good handle on what offers are out, or what our status is with recruits. There are fewer media and fans from UConn talking to recruits than almost any other school. The coaches don't seem to leak info like some other schools, or maybe Connecticut reporters just aren't that interested in football yet. The top sources of UConn recruiting news are Huskyfandan, maybe BCeagles24.

The reason for the angst is that to judge by public sources of information, we're in poor position with a lot of better recruits. Look at the Kingsley Opara thread - we're in his final four with WVU, Maryland, and Wake. Yet Rivals lists his interest in the other three as "High" and in us as "Medium" along with other schools he's dropped (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kingsley-Opara-129506). Based on the player's statements, we should also be rated "High."

So as fans, we just don't know what's going on. We have to trust the coaching staff that they have a sound recruiting plan, know where they stand with recruits, and it's going to work out.

Personally, I was expecting that we'd see action after the June camps - new offers at least. The lack of news surprises me.

Reaction Score
Yale gives out scholarship offers? Since when?

I thought an "offer" from the Ivies was an invitation to apply. At least that seemed to be the case, years ago, with my brother.

Reaction Score
This is just numbers game. We have taken 5 kids out of maybe 16 slots. If kids don't come back after camp or the season fine that's more slots but now it's 16. So we have 11 open slots - that's not many. I suspect that we are being selective, especially regarding position. Maybe even taken some offers off of the table.

Don't expect much movement - maybe one or two after camp. We will evaluate more kids in the Fall Season - maybe some late bloomers.

Just a hunch, but I expect more kids from TX.

Reaction Score
This is just numbers game. We have taken 5 kids out of maybe 16 slots. If kids don't come back after camp or the season fine that's more slots but now it's 16. So we have 11 open slots - that's not many. I suspect that we are being selective, especially regarding position. Maybe even taken some offers off of the table.

Don't expect much movement - maybe one or two after camp. We will evaluate more kids in the Fall Season - maybe some late bloomers.

Just a hunch, but I expect more kids from TX.

with about 11 slots open, they haven't signed any defensive players and they definately need to address the cb and de positions because they are losing 2 starters at each position.

I'd expect alot more players from florida rather than tx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom