Sadie Edwards: 26 points for USC against ASU | The Boneyard

Sadie Edwards: 26 points for USC against ASU

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Very happy for Sadie. Temi Fagbenle transfer from Harvard and like Sadie a graduate of Blair Academy also had a good game for USC.

Reaction Score
Great game for Sadie, she is doing well at USC. I hope she continues to have a great year.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
A sweet, talented young lady that deserves to have success. Now if she could just lead them to a seat at the Big Dance.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Boy - they score with 4 seconds left to take a two point lead and then give up a lay-up and foul for a three point play to lose with 1 second left!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Nice game for the Connecticut girl. More than anything , I root hard for her because of her being local

Reaction Score
Reading of success by players who have left UCONN for other teams I must confess leaves me unhappy. Not for the player personally, since they are all great athletes and remarkable young women or they would never have been recruited by UCONN, but as a gauge of "what might have been" for UCONN. While there is no proof had they stayed they would have done as well statistically at UCONN as for their new team, and perhaps they were not as "team oriented" as they needed to be to succeed at UCONN, it is always more comforting to me if it is clear from their subsequent performance that UCONN was better off that they left. The one glaring exception is Delle D. whose leaving clearly hurt the future of the team.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Reading of success by players who have left UCONN for other teams I must confess leaves me unhappy. Not for the player personally, since they are all great athletes and remarkable young women or they would never have been recruited by UCONN, but as a gauge of "what might have been" for UCONN. While there is no proof had they stayed they would have done as well statistically at UCONN as for their new team, and perhaps they were not as "team oriented" as they needed to be to succeed at UCONN, it is always more comforting to me if it is clear from their subsequent performance that UCONN was better off that they left. The one glaring exception is Delle D. whose leaving clearly hurt the future of the team.

However, with EDD, there would have been a clear role for her, whereas Uconn kids tend to transfer only when there is no evidence of a role for her, or at best evidence only of a limited one, by the time she makes the decision to leave.

For Uconn transfers, it doesn't universally hurt the program's future. When EDD left, Uconn won five of the next seven NCs with three of the five longest winning streaks in WCBB history. Sure, Uconn could have won two more NCs, but the impact of her early and sudden departure was ephemeral at its greatest.

Reaction Score
Though I am on the West Coast and mostly a Cal fan thus don't follow UConn as closely as others on here, even I kind of scratched my head when she left mid-season after, what, just 4 games? But she is definitely proving me wrong and that she made the right choice, and good for her! We tend to make assumptions about players who transfer, especially mid-season.

Incidentally, I was reading the Duke WBB board. I haven't seen this talked about that much, but junior Kendall Cooper mysteriously is sitting the remainder of the basketball season out, is not even enrolled in classes, HOWEVER, seems to be still living in Durham (though originally from Cali) and attending all the games as a spectator. Anyway, a Duke fan very honestly said it probably would have been in her best interests to have transferred out and transferred out early.

As a high school underclassman, Cooper was mostly considered the top post and a top 3 prospect overall in the class. It was Diamond DeShields, Kaela Davis, then Kendall Cooper. She was a big strong banger with versatility. People compared her to Kelsey Bone. People described Alaina Coates as being a "less skilled" Kendall Cooper. Ultimately, particularly longer and more athletic posts, caught up as she sort of plateaued, but still a McD's AA, top 12-ish player.

But her impact at Duke has been so modest. Was averaging just 3.7 ppg & 3.6 rpg this season, in what people hoped would be a breakout year for her with the graduation of Liz Williams. The few times I've watched her, she looks very uncomfortable and mentally unsure of herself. You would never believe those early evaluations of her from HS talking about how she can take contact and mix it up in the paint. Watching her, it almost feels like she's just trying not to make a mistake or get in the way of Duke's go-to players. Never really seen her make a post move. Only witnessed her occasionally and almost reluctantly or timidly take a mid-range shot when left wide open.

Anyway, I do know that UCLA was her runner-up when she signed with Duke, and that there was something about the way it all went down that seemed to have burned a bridge. I think UCLA had the impression that she was very much leaning toward the Bruins until changing her mind and picking Duke at the last minute. Thus, she may have been reluctant to transfer since her second choice first time around wasn't exactly going to roll out the red carpet and take her win with open arms. But who knows.

Reaction Score
Maybe she'll come back next year.;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Incidentally, I was reading the Duke WBB board. I haven't seen this talked about that much, but junior Kendall Cooper mysteriously is sitting the remainder of the basketball season out, is not even enrolled in classes,
Kat, really surprised that Cooper leaving Duke is not getting more press from a couple of angles 1) JPM is losing another MacDonalds AA and Duke is struggling 2) The Class of 2013 continues mass transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom