Saddam's, I mean Paterno's statue going down | The Boneyard

Saddam's, I mean Paterno's statue going down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://victorybellrings.com/2012/07/20/rumoredsources-paterno-statue-to-fall-this-weekend/

saddam_statue_falling.jpeg

Reaction Score
LOL. Rumored sources of a friend's cousin's best friend.......

Yes, Erickson doesn't want the BOT to be aware of this decision to remove the statue in the dead of night but this guy's "sources" has the scoop.

Reaction Score
50 bucks says students riot

I agree. Hopefully they are all wearing white shirts when they riot, it will make them look like the cult followers that they are. It won't be long before people start seeing images of Joe Pa in trees or burnt toast, maybe the statue will even start to cry.

Reaction Score
50 bucks says students riot

They rioted when he was fired, and it didn't change the BOTs decision. If they riot again, it won't change the President's decision either. Plus my guess is Happy Valley's finest will be a little better prepared this time.

What happened to the days when student protests took the form of sit-ins or hunger strikes? You know, the good old non-violent revolutionary type of stuff.

Reaction Score
They rioted when he was fired, and it didn't change the BOTs decision. If they riot again, it won't change the President's decision either. Plus my guess is Happy Valley's finest will be a little better prepared this time.

What happened to the days when student protests took the form of sit-ins or hunger strikes? You know, the good old non-violent revolutionary type of stuff.
=================
"the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of tyrants and patriots" ~General Hummel"The Rock"

Reaction Score
Idiot students are guarding the statue now!

I hope students understand that the statue represents and symbolizes something ugly and toxic and that resistance will confirm people's worst perceptions of the environment that fostered a Sandusky. Penn State has to climb out of a huge hole. I hope the sudents decide not to make the hole deeper.
In any event, the authorities responsible for security, for the actual removal, should probably go in "heavy."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I never realized how similar these statues are:

4eea4099075b6.preview-300.jpg
saddamstatue.jpg

Seriously did they have the same sculpter?

Reaction Score

They went the way of a good old fashion fistfight...

Reaction Score
Idiot students are guarding the statue now!

Check this out... “@DailyCollegian: A line has started to extend down the sidewalk outside Beaver Stadium as people pay a visit to the Paterno statue: http://post original url/5gv2giMk”

Reaction Score
Statue has finally been removed as of an hour ago. They should drop it off in the showers of the locker room as a permanent reminder. I am also in favor of putting it in Franco Harris's front yard given his affinity for it, just to remind the world what POS he is. Either one is fine by me.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Doesn't this prove it was more than just a "few individuals" at PSU that are responsible for what happened? It was the entire campus. I wouldn't want anyone I cared for matriculate at that cesspool.

Reaction Score
Doesn't this prove it was more than just a "few individuals" at PSU that are responsible for what happened? It was the entire campus. I wouldn't want anyone I cared for matriculate at that cesspool.
I will say this, there were only 150 morons protesting, which is a lot less than I thought. Maybe the gravity of what took place there is finally setting in.

Reaction Score
I will say this, there were only 150 morons protesting, which is a lot less than I thought. Maybe the gravity of what took place there is finally setting in.

Nah... That's why they did it @ 0600 on a Sunday morning.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
They should have done it on a football Saturday. Then drive it over to Joe's house and plant it on the front yard.

Reaction Score
Statue has finally been removed as of an hour ago. They should drop it off in the showers of the locker room as a permanent reminder. I am also in favor of putting it in Franco Harris's front yard given his affinity for it, just to remind the world what POS he is. Either one is fine by me.

This was the right thing to do, but Erickson doesn't realize that the library is next. They must remove his name. If they Paterno's don't like it, use endowment money and give it back to them. Extraordinary times calls for extraordinary measures. PSU has to realize what a microscope they are under. I guarantee the library will be the setting for futures protests against child molestation. The only way to move on is to erase any physical legacy connected to this Sandusky and Paterno.

Reaction Score
This was the right thing to do, but Erickson doesn't realize that the library is next. They must remove his name. If they Paterno's don't like it, use endowment money and give it back to them. Extraordinary times calls for extraordinary measures. PSU has to realize what a microscope they are under. I guarantee the library will be the setting for futures protests against child molestation. The only way to move on is to erase any physical legacy connected to this Sandusky and Paterno.

Agreed. The Paterno name has to be removed from that institution. It won't be easy as his name is all over the place (all the way down to having an ice cream named after him at the dairy bar there) and there might be tricky issues with money. Regardless, PEnn State needs to do what they have to do to get rid of it all.

Reaction Score
Nah... That's why they did it @ 0600 on a Sunday morning.
I was wrong, the ESPN interviews just on with those there are appalling. "We don't know all the facts" is such a BS argument, let's just say we know enough. We know at least 45 to justify that place burning down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom