Sad news about HuskyBill | The Boneyard

Sad news about HuskyBill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hello all. I'm sad to say that my brother Bill Dunn, known to Boneyard residents as the sometimes charming, sometimes malevolent, but always interesting HuskyBill, died at home early this morning.

He was a great guy who loved all UConn sports passionately, but cherished the UConn Women's team most of all. Though he failed to live to see them win a 9th national championship, at least he was at the Final Four last year to see them win their 8th, and at the Mohegan Sun to watch them win the inaugural AAC Championship just last week.

The resident Gnome rides no more, but hopefully his memory lives on for many of you. I'm sure he would join me in saying "Go Huskies" as last words if he could.

Best wishes to all:

Eli Dunn
Meriden
March 15, 2014

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear about your loss. He seemed like a good person and a great fan.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I am sad beyond words. The best feelings I have go out to his entire family.

We lunched a few weeks back, a time filled with laughter and Bill's wisdom. Life, indeed The BoneYard, is far less without him. I always recall his admonition to me…like best the posters who are interesting, not just those you agree with.

I will hold his memory and person close to my heart, always.

Neal

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Very sorry to hear about this loss. My thoughts and deepest sympathies are with you. Lost life, though usurped, endures through memories. Through stories, through the jokes he told that come up organically in life. It's a beautiful thing. Let him go on amongst you and those who miss him.

Reaction Score
I am deeply saddened by this news and my thoughts and best wishes go out to you and your family. I also wish that HuskyBill may now watch every game from the best seats in Heaven.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I am tremendously sad at this loss - for your family, for Bill's friends, and for the Boneyard. God speed his journey and may he live in the hearts of all who knew him and loved him.

I don't believe I ever met him, yet I loved his wit.

- Jane

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Totally shocked. I am so sorry. I loved that lit'le guy. God Bless

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
RIP HuskyBill. Best to all the family. I've no doubt he'll do his best to 'nudge' the outcome of the NCAAs in UCONN's favor.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
My sincere condolences. Thoughts and prayers go out to all of Mr.Dunn's family and friends. Something tells me he'll be in the house when we cut down the nets for #'s 9+.

Rest in peace.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I am greatly saddened to hear of the death of Husky Bill... His particular brand of sarcasm will be greatly missed. He was an extremely knowledgeable UConn fan who love his Huskies the same as all of us. I will miss him greatly. My prayers and condolences go out to you Eli and yours and his family. May God Bless you all and give you all the grace and strength to get through this difficult time.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Eli -

Heartbroken. Please send the 'yard's love and affection to all of you family.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
!!

I never had the pleasure of meeting HuskyBill but I have enjoyed his posts immensely. He had a gift for making his point with a mix of wit and humor that was truly a joy to read. I'm sure many of the long time 'Yarders who knew him well must be particularly saddened to hear this news.

My sincerest condolences as well to you and the rest of his family and close friends. Though message boards such as this one can offer only a glimpse of a person's true spirit, I liked what I saw.

For such a small guy--cue one of HuskyBill's classic, self-deprecating lines--his passing leaves an awfully big space.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I knew him as HuskyBill. I valued his friendship. Indeed, I loved him as we both love our Huskies. And I miss him terribly. Rest in peace, Bill.

David aka Kib

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I am stunned and so saddened by this. His wit and sarcasm and humor will always be remembered. Please accept my deepest sympathy and condolences...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Eli, my condolences to you and the rest of the family. I got to meet HuskyBill a few times and met you while you were waiting for the bus on Canal Street last April. I really enjoyed Bill's posts and conversations. Though some of poked fun at his diminutive physical stature, he was big in so many ways. I liked Bill a lot and will miss him. The Huskies lost a great supporter.

Peace be with you and the family.

Milford/Ken

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
!!

I never had the pleasure of meeting HuskyBill but I have enjoyed his posts immensely. He had a gift for making his point with a mix of wit and humor that was truly a joy to read. I'm sure many of the long time 'Yarders who knew him well must be particularly saddened to hear this news.

My sincerest condolences as well to you and the rest of his family and close friends. Though message boards such as this one can offer only a glimpse of a person's true spirit, I liked what I saw.

For such a small guy--cue one of HuskyBill's classic, self-deprecating lines--his passing leaves an awfully big space.

A very big ditto.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
So sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. When I first stumbled upon this website, it was your brother’s consistent sense of humor, enthusiasm and wit that immediately set the tone for just how funny, fun, and downright decent one guy can seem to make an entire community feel. Like so many others, I’ll always be grateful for the good fortune to get to know your terrific brother here.

sTu

Reaction Score
I am saddened to hear of Bill's passing. I wish you and Bill's family well.

sTu

Reaction Score
Very sad to hear this. Always enjoyed his comments on the Yard. May he rest in peace.

Reaction Score
My deepest sympathies. He will be missed here and everywhere! I truly enjoyed his posts and his sense of humor. RIP, Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom