"Ryan Boatright Will Play Significant Minutes This Season For Brooklyn Nets" | The Boneyard

"Ryan Boatright Will Play Significant Minutes This Season For Brooklyn Nets"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Great news for one of my favorite huskies of all time. He's lightyears better than Shane Larkin, that's for sure. Best case scenario, he backs up Jarrett Jack, plays 20 minutes a night, and averages around double digit points. Best of luck to The Show!

Reaction Score
This might be one of those cases that illuminates the value of college for some kids. You have to think he has a better shot to stick now than he would have had he declared two or three years ago.

Moreover, it becomes a lot easier for a head coach to make that case when he himself is living evidence of it.

Reaction Score
Great news for one of my favorite huskies of all time. He's lightyears better than Shane Larkin, that's for sure. Best case scenario, he backs up Jarrett Jack, plays 20 minutes a night, and averages around double digit points. Best of luck to The Show!

I don't know about that. Larkin was decent as a backup for the Knicks last year, and was pretty damn good as a college player. Let's wait for Boat to step on an NBA floor first.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Only five rookies in the entire league had a scoring average in double figures last year. I love Boat as much as the next guy but pump on the brakes please...he should be able to beat out Donald Sloan but he would have to have an insane camp and Larkin would have to perform horribly in order for him to start the year as #2. Boat will get his chance to shine eventually.

Reaction Score
I don't know about that. Larkin was decent as a backup for the Knicks last year, and was pretty damn good as a college player. Let's wait for Boat to step on an NBA floor first.

If this is how you feel, why even open this thread? You know you don't believe that anyone can have an opinion yet.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Is that the same Jarrett Jack that couldn't make a shot in the NC game until garbage time?

Reaction Score
I dont see any reason why he wont be around the league for a long while if given the chance to show what he can do. I'm still stumped even considering his lack of size as to how he wasnt even drafted in the second round. Nets got a real steal on their hands. Cant stand the nets personally, but i'll be rooting for Boat, i think its the perfect landing spot for him.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Couldn't be happier for a guy who was maligned at many times during his 4 years at UConn and played in the shadows of some all time UConn greats and was forced to be a comparative.
Boat is his own man and his personality is not that of Bazz or Kemba.
But when you talk heart and determination - he is among the best
I hope he proves all the non believers wrong
Go get'm Boat

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This might be one of those cases that illuminates the value of college for some kids. You have to think he has a better shot to stick now than he would have had he declared two or three years ago.

Moreover, it becomes a lot easier for a head coach to make that case when he himself is living evidence of it.

Not only that, but the team struggled his senior year, didn't make the tourney, and he and his play was not highlighted like it should have been. Some said he struggled. Handlers would point to this being a negative to coming back. Boat is showing the opposite.

But what's clear is his game improved, his leadership, his character. I think he learned as much if not more in his final year at UCONN. Hopefully serves him well in the league.

Reaction Score
If this is how you feel, why even open this thread? You know you don't believe that anyone can have an opinion yet.

Obviously people can have an opinion, including myself, and if he thinks Boatright is miles better than Larkin, fine. I just think his opinion might be skewed by the fact that Boatright is a shiny, new toy while Larkin is two years removed from being one of the best guards in college basketball.

Reaction Score
This is an ideal example of being drafted by the right team at the right time. Williams is gone and a pg opening created. Furthermore the current stock of PGs are not All Star caliber.

I am so happy for Boat, and things worked out well for him. We need not worry about him taking advantage of this opportunity, he's a hard worker and goes all out. Nets fans have a nice little surprise in store coming off their bench.

Reaction Score
Ya'll realize Boat still has to make the team, right?

No I didn't.

What does this line in the article mean: "Boatright signed a two-year deal worth $1.5 million with the Nets." ?

Not guaranteed or something?

Reaction Score
No I didn't.

What does this line in the article mean: "Boatright signed a two-year deal worth $1.5 million with the Nets." ?

Not guaranteed or something?

Only a $75k guarantee, which he's already secured by being on the roster past Aug 1st, and if the Nets decide to go with Donald Sloan or someone else as the 3rd PG it would have cost them very little to have given Boat a run. Not saying he doesn't have a very good chance of making the roster, because he does, but from reading this thread it seems quite a few folks are assuming he's already on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom