Rutgers wants the BE to pay for having only six homes games. | The Boneyard

Rutgers wants the BE to pay for having only six homes games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Well.....if they did something for every team that had 3 home games in the BE, then I'm all for it - because we'd get some cash too. Not only that, there was a financial impact to replacing a home game against top 10 WVU with Temple. Guaranteed TV game (likely ESPN or the deuce, which I believe we get revenue for) and an extra 3-4 k in the stands (150-200k profit). Throw in the parking, concessions and local impact (hotels for WVU fans) and lost quite a bit of money.

Reaction Score
Maybe the government can bail out Rutgers football.

Reaction Score
Here we go again. Let the Rutgers bashing begin! Let's not hold the BE accountable. This 4 home conference games vs 3 home conference games every other year has gone on for a while now. Lot's of fans have called for them to fix it . . . add East Carolina, add Central Florida (funny but look who's in now), add Memphis State and on and on. Do something to get it to 4-4 every year, right? But what did they do? Lost Syracuse, Pitt and West Virginia. What next for UConn? A 3 game, 2 game alternating split? Boise State becoming the new TCU (gosh the credibility the Frog's brought to this conference, huh?)

Now the good news is that Seton Hall and Depaul are still members (Zzzzzz) in basketball. We get Temple as a home game now instead of that no-name, mid-level, directional school: West Virginia. And Notre Dame? Still sponging off the Big East (OMG, she said "Hi" to me in homeroom yesterday). But other than than . . .

Let's not blame Rutgers. Maybe they are on to something.

Reaction Score
Here we go again. Let the Rutgers bashing begin! Let's not hold the BE accountable. This 4 home conference games vs 3 home conference games every other year has gone on for a while now. Lot's of fans have called for them to fix it . . . add East Carolina, add Central Florida (funny but look who's in now), add Memphis State and on and on. Do something to get it to 4-4 every year, right? But what did they do? Lost Syracuse, Pitt and West Virginia. What next for UConn? A 3 game, 2 game alternating split? Boise State becoming the new TCU (gosh the credibility the Frog's brought to this conference, huh?)

Now the good news is that Seton Hall and Depaul are still members (Zzzzzz) in basketball. We get Temple as a home game now instead of that no-name, mid-level, directional school: West Virginia. And Notre Dame? Still sponging off the Big East (OMG, she said "Hi" to me in homeroom yesterday). But other than than . . .

Let's not blame Rutgers. Maybe they are on to something.
Well, just because you are correct aobut some points, doesn't mean we can't still bash Rutgers! For what its worth, I love your description of the notre Dame-big East relationship...captures it perfectly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom