Rutgers Hate Week | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rutgers Hate Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How do you forget about that Helicopter...?
Just a question but why do so many opposing fanbases make a big deal out of the helicopter? It's an efficient way to get to a lot of schools to visit recruits/watch their games.

Reaction Score
Just a question but why do so many opposing fanbases make a big deal out of the helicopter? It's an efficient way to get to a lot of schools to visit recruits/watch their games.

And costly!!! Especially when the athletic Dept is being subsidized and still not producing results. I don't think even ND has a helicopter and they have more money than the Vatican!

Reaction Score
And costly!!! Especially when the athletic Dept is being subsidized and still not providing results.i don't think even ND has a helicopter and they have more money than the Vatican!
The athletic department doesn't pay for it.
"According to Schiano, the school gets use of the helicopter in exchange for advertising. Liberty signs are seen throughout Rutgers Stadium during football games."
http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/sports/article_1264ed7c-da63-5501-9564-71b50fc4bf21.html

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I hate the Birthcanal almost as much as i hate the ACC, BCU and the mouse with large black ears.

But then again I do like to hate a rival school and RU, thanks to their fanbase, are a rival so I enjoy the UConn/RU games. So upon reflection color my feelings towards RU a dark purple.

now my feelings towards the other three are sh#t brown.

Reaction Score

Your recruits need training facilities and a trophy case.

Reaction Score
I hate the Birthcanal almost as much as i hate the ACC, BCU and the mouse with large black ears.

But then again I do like to hate a rival school and RU, thanks to their fanbase, are a rival so I enjoy the UConn/RU games. So upon reflection color my feelings towards RU a dark purple.

now my feelings towards the other three are sh#t brown.

THis entire thread has confused me all week, and now I read this? So confused.

I personally? I really like Birthcanal. Love it really. I can't get enough of it. Unfortunately, I've been married for a long time, and as much as I want it, only my wife knows when I'm getting it.

As for Rutgers? hate week? I can't remember a time when I didn't hate rutgers. It's not confined to a week. I hate Rutgers more than I hate Duke, because at least Duke, you know you were getting competition with a proven winner.

I think what bothers me most about Rutgers, is the name. Rutgers. THe big R. No mistake in doing that. Princeton, Cornell, Columbia, Yale, Rutgers. It fits - in Name. But it's all FAKE. What other state university in the union does that?

The University of New Jersey Scarlet Knights vs. University of Connecticut Huskies.

Saturday High Noon.

Reaction Score
"Colonel Rutgers left nothing to the college upon his death."

Hmm....I suppose it was bad enough they took his name?

Reaction Score
I know you guys are excited to go to the ACC and rightfully so, but i'll miss this matchup every year. Always a good game, it sucks the college football landscape went this route because I believe regional rivalries are extremely important. To have PSU, UConn/Syracuse and Rutgers in 3 separate conferences is a damn shame IMO.

Reaction Score
I know you guys are excited to go to the ACC and rightfully so, but i'll miss this matchup every year. Always a good game, it sucks the college football landscape went this route because I believe regional rivalries are extremely important. To have PSU, UConn/Syracuse and Rutgers in 3 separate conferences is a damn shame IMO.
I think regional rivalries will be maintained to some degree through OOC scheduling. And where the heck is Rutgers going?

Reaction Score

I agree. It makes little sense as fans. I bet CFB will return to regional rivalries in 50 or so years. This whole realignment thing is driven by money and the highs will come crashing down eventually.

8 10 team conferences by region winners playing in a playoff would be my ideal scenario.

RUNOVA must be the new mhver...breaking news uconn to acc!

Reaction Score
Gotta feed them in over the week...

58d6dcda-0ab0-11df-a6e5-001cc4c002e0.image.jpg

That is not free. Just a non-monetary exchange of assets. The price paid for the helicopter is whatever the fair value of the ad space is.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
At least a couple of NJ politcos have proposed the name change to UNJ or SUNJ. Some of the students got very defensive about it. (at least when I was in grad school, the letterhead said "RUTGERS" and then in small font "the state university of New Jersey"). Maybe they could have built more support for a name change if it had been "BadaBing U."

Reaction Score
Carl - you do realize calling RU the birthcanal (because we can't use the C word) is a play on "the birthplace of college football"

Reaction Score
Carl - you do realize calling RU the birthcanal (because we can't use the C word) is a play on "the birthplace of college football"

Oh. Didn't know that. I just figured it meant Rutgers was a bunch of p*ssies. Oops.

Reaction Score
Hey here is a good look at the Uconn defense for Saturday,.....

It must be convenient to have these videos for when you guys squeak out a victory.

When we beat you guys it's usually such a bloodbath that no one cares enough to save the evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom