Rutgers has 5 BE titles in all sports, all time | The Boneyard

Rutgers has 5 BE titles in all sports, all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not national titles, BE titles.
  • Soccer, Big East Conference champions (1997)
  • Baseball, Big East Conference champions (2000)
  • Men's track & field, Outdoor Big East champions (2005)
  • Women's basketball, Big East Tournament champions (2007)
  • Baseball, Big East Tournament champions (2007)
That's why it is so disappointing to lose to them.

p/s. they won the national title in fencing in 1949

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Correction; they won half of (more specifically they shared) the fencing title (I wonder what days they get to display the trophy?).

Reaction Score
Can we beat them in football with more regularity, before we start a new round of bashing. I'm not against rafting on programs BCU, the ACC and ND but it loses meaning right after they just shut us up on the field.

Reaction Score
I really don't get why people think BE titles in other sports means anything in football. I know we have two in football as well, but they don't have any effect on the team we put out there last Saturday. I hate to say it but a lot of UConn fans are spoiled brats. How else can you explain this feeling of entitlement? SMU has national titles in football, so does Pitt and Cuse, does anybody here think we should never be able to beat them because of it? I used to think it was just the younger fans that grew up with us winning championships but it seems like some of the older guys take everything for granted as well.

I'm frustrated by the loss as well, but not because of anything Rutgers did or didn't do, it's because our play calling is so mind numbingly consistent. Run up the middle, run up the middle, pass on 3rd and long. You don't have to be Urban Meyer to figure out what we're doing wrong.

Reaction Score
I really don't get why people think BE titles in other sports means anything in football. I know we have two in football as well, but they don't have any effect on the team we put out there last Saturday. I hate to say it but a lot of UConn fans are spoiled brats. How else can you explain this feeling of entitlement? SMU has national titles in football, so does Pitt and Cuse, does anybody here think we should never be able to beat them because of it? I used to think it was just the younger fans that grew up with us winning championships but it seems like some of the older guys take everything for granted as well.

I'm frustrated by the loss as well, but not because of anything Rutgers did or didn't do, it's because our play calling is so mind numbingly consistent. Run up the middle, run up the middle, pass on 3rd and long. You don't have to be Urban Meyer to figure out what we're doing wrong.

Rutgers just has a culture of losing, whereas UConn has developed a culture of winning in its athletic department. Simply put, if UConn wants to be good in a sport, chances are they are going to be good.

I think that after RU lost to UConn last year, Sanu said something to the effect of "it's just the same old Rutgers".

UConn fans are used to winning, so it's frustrating to lose to a school that loses in just about everything.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How about they choose to be good in football then - since there are only two that matter.

Reaction Score
Can we beat them in football with more regularity, before we start a new round of bashing. I'm not against rafting on programs BCU, the ACC and ND but it loses meaning right after they just shut us up on the field.
Ahh Yepp well said.....

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
we didn't start to put money into FB till 2000 when (HC Schiano, Pres McCormick and AD Mulacahy came in)... we didn't start to put money in other sports (including BB) until 2008 (when Tim Pernetti became AD)... It would have been surprising if had managed to win a ton of BE titles with our lack of monetary and academic support for our athletic programs since joining the Big East in 1991... Frankly it is amazing that with our lack of support prior to 2008 we've won 5 BE titles... that'll soon change in the next 5yrs once our programs have been built up in Soccer, Basketball, Lacrosse, Football, Wrestling... Those programs should be top 25 programs in 5yrs time...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
we didn't start to put money into FB till 2000 when (HC Schiano, Pres McCormick and AD Mulacahy came in)... we didn't start to put money in other sports (including BB) until 2008 (when Tim Pernetti became AD)... It would have been surprising if had managed to win a ton of BE titles with our lack of monetary and academic support for our athletic programs since joining the Big East in 1991... Frankly it is amazing that with our lack of support prior to 2008 we've won 5 BE titles... that'll soon change in the next 5yrs once our programs have been built up in Soccer, Basketball, Lacrosse, Football, Wrestling... Those programs should be top 25 programs in 5yrs time...

Nobody puts any money into minor sports, but they still win. UConn wasn't investing in Field Hockey when they won two National Titles and still isn't even when they dominate the Big East. Stop with the money excuses.

If you want to say it doesn't matter, it's meaningless, that's one thing. But stop defending that pathetic record. Jesus, you should be able to luck into 10 Big East titles in 15 years.

Reaction Score

This isn't true. You had a brand new football stadium built in 1994 that was $30 million dollars. You then proceeded to suck for 12 years. I am not judging, but "we didn't start to put money into FB till 2000" is factually incorrect.

Reaction Score
Rutgers just has a culture of losing, whereas UConn has developed a culture of winning in its athletic department. Simply put, if UConn wants to be good in a sport, chances are they are going to be good.

I think that after RU lost to UConn last year, Sanu said something to the effect of "it's just the same old Rutgers".

UConn fans are used to winning, so it's frustrating to lose to a school that loses in just about everything.

HA HA- RU has beaten UCONN in 6 out of the last 8 games. Think about that. You should be used to losing to us by now. RU leads 22-10 in all-time record. That's some culture of winning.

And we lose in just about everything? That is a factually inaccurate statement, it could only come from a sore loser. You are a real sore loser.

By the way, your football program, unlike Rutgers, is a historically losing program. You're one of the few schools with that distinction. You don't have a deep culture in winning football, because you don't have a history of winning, so you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

And Sanu never said that. What a bunch of BS. What a sore loser to make up something like that.

UCONN all-time 482-505-38.

Reaction Score
We lose in just about everything? That is a factually inaccurate statement, it could only come from a sore loser. You are a real sore loser.

By the way, your football program, unlike Rutgers, is a historically losing program. You're one of the few schools with that distinction. You don't have a deep culture in winning football, because you don't have a history of winning, so you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

And SAN never said that. What a bunch of BS. What a sore loser to make up something like that.

UCONN all-time 482-505-38.

LOL. We've been playing Big East football for less than 10 years and have already accomplished more than anything Rutgers ever has. Have a good day.

Reaction Score
LOL. We've been playing Big East football for less than 10 years and have already accomplished more than anything Rutgers ever has. Have a good day.

I wish we could split two championships. Once we do that, we will have surpassed you in every possible conceivable category. You will merely be the losingest program in the Big East, and one of the top 5 losingest programs in the country. Get back to me when you reach .500 lifetime, and are no longer a historically losing program.

See you at the end of the year when you're once again below Rutgers in the BE standings, as you have in 5 out of the 8 seasons you've been in the Big East...soon to be 6 out of 9 seasons in another two months.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I wish we could split two championships. Once we do that, we will have surpassed you in every possible conceivable category. You will merely be the losingest program in the Big East, and one of the top 5 losingest programs in the country. Get back to me when you reach .500 lifetime, and are no longer a historically losing program.

See you at the end of the year when you're once again below Rutgers in the BE standings, as you have in 5 out of the 8 seasons you've been in the Big East...soon to be 6 out of 9 seasons in another two months.
until then, you're worse than a historically losing program. sucks to suck doesn't it.

Reaction Score
We have two BE FOOTBALL championships in ten years. That's just the fact.

Reaction Score
And those two championships have gotten you..........what exactly?

You're not respected.

Your recruiting sucks.

Your coach is a fossil weighed down by another fossil.

Your old coach left for a lateral move.

And you have no fans.

Congrats, you two BE titles have gotten you nothing. If and when we win one, I hope that we can be as successful as you guys capitalizing on that championship.

Oh wait, no I don't.

Reaction Score

you keep posting that but fail to realize what i posted in the last thread

we already have a better winning pct in Division 1 football than Rutgers. We have more BCS bowl appearances than Rutgers, and we have more conference championships than rutgers.

Congrats on the win. Your school sucks still.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Congrats, you two BE titles have gotten you nothing. If and when we win one, I hope that we can be as successful as you guys capitalizing on that championship.

I'm still hoping that we can capitalize on a win over Louisville the way your school did. The way most of your fan base speaks of it that game was similar to Miami's (1/1/84) Orange Bowl win over Nebraska.

Reaction Score
And those two championships have gotten you..........what exactly?

You're not respected.

Your recruiting sucks.

Your coach is a fossil weighed down by another fossil.

Your old coach left for a lateral move.

And you have no fans.

Oh wait, no I don't.

I just hope I never become so desperate for attention that I go onto another team's message board and it up a bit. But that's me.

You have absolutely nothing to do with Rutgers football. But your behavior here reflects on you as a person (hint, it doesn't reflect well).

Reaction Score
The really excellent athletic programs in this country are good at everything. Excellence permeates the athletic programs. Think of Michigan, Ohio State, Florida, Alabama, Texas, LSU, these are the schools to emulate. Even places like USC and Kansas which have a strong lead dog in one sport also put competitive products on the field in other areas. Then there are places like Indiana or Duke, great basketball, bad football but strong in many other sports. I think UConn is currently like Kansas, just a bit down from the first tier. Where is Rutgers in any of this?

Reaction Score
The really excellent athletic programs in this country are good at everything. Excellence permeates the athletic programs. Think of Michigan, Ohio State, Florida, Alabama, Texas, LSU, these are the schools to emulate. Even places like USC and Kansas which have a strong lead dog in one sport also put competitive products on the field in other areas. Then there are places like Indiana or Duke, great basketball, bad football but strong in many other sports. I think UConn is currently like Kansas, just a bit down from the first tier. Where is Rutgers in any of this?

I was gonna say Southern Miss, but I'm not sure that's fair to USM.

Reaction Score

This culture of winning meme is what I bought into until Ollie was hired. A true culture of winning would have set the hiring standards MUCH higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom