Rutgers competative struggle in the B1G | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rutgers competative struggle in the B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
No, you have not been playing for 20 minutes, you've been playing football for 120 years (since 1896). Sorry you don't even know your own history. I'm embarrassed for you, Guppy.

No you are not better than RU...you have a lifetime winning record of 502–541–38 , which is a lifetime winning percentage of only .482, ( you've lost more games in your history than you've won. laughable. )

Rutgers has a lifetime winning record of 641–621–42 (.508 winning percentage).

Rutgers also owns a 22-11 all-time record against UCONN, winning 2 out of every 3 games, so saying you are already better than RU, especially considering your team has been an absolute embarrassment to your school and state the last 5 years or so, is hysterically inaccurate as well.

There are very few teams that have a lifetime losing record in football. UCONN is one of them. RU is not.

Your team draws flies to your games, and you lose most of the time. You now celebrate when you break 30K in attendance.
Your team has sucked throughout your 120 year history as bad as any college football team in the country has sucked.

Your football team is a laughingstock across the country...and it is the reason you are stuck in the AAC with the rest of the misfits. No major conference wants you. No one.

You've passed us? Maybe as most unsuccessful football program in history, and as least desired team by a major conference. That's the only way you've passed us.

Suck on that.
If you can't tell the difference between playing at 1A/FBS and 1AA/FCS, then that Rutgers education is really shining through. Most people would do an apples to apples comparison, comparing on equal footing. Not you, Rutgers fan... Not you. I do hope that you trumpet your "success" on the Monmouth football boards in your spare time as well. That you are this bad at football after supposedly inventing the game and playing it at the highest level is a complete embarrassment, right up there with you trying to argue in favor of Rutgers athletic prowess on a UConn board.

pj

Reaction Score
There are very few teams that have a lifetime losing record in football.

If that's true, then very few teams can have a lifetime winning record either. Rutgers's lifetime .508 winning percentage must make you feel very warm and special indeed.

pj

Reaction Score
Addendum - Rutgers has appeared in a grand total of 10 bowl game appearances in 147 years of football. Since joining the Big East in 1991, Rutgers's football record is 125-158. Since joining the Big East in 2003, UConn's football record is 80-80 with 6 bowl game appearances.

If lifetime records matter, it's only because ancient history matters.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Addendum - Rutgers has appeared in a grand total of 10 bowl game appearances in 147 years of football. Since joining the Big East in 1991, Rutgers's football record is 125-158. Since joining the Big East in 2003, UConn's football record is 80-80 with 6 bowl game appearances.

If lifetime records matter, it's only because ancient history matters.

Of course they do! *Says the fan with the most wins and the second best all time winning percentage*

Reaction Score
No, you have not been playing for 20 minutes, you've been playing football for 120 years (since 1896). Sorry you don't even know your own history. I'm embarrassed for you, Guppy.

No you are not better than RU...you have a lifetime winning record of 502–541–38 , which is a lifetime winning percentage of only .482, ( you've lost more games in your history than you've won. laughable. )

Rutgers also owns a 22-11 all-time record against UCONN, winning 2 out of every 3 games, so saying you are already better than RU, especially considering your team has been an absolute embarrassment to your school and state the last 5 years or so, is hysterically inaccurate as well.

There are very few teams that have a lifetime losing record in football. UCONN is one of them. RU is not.

Your team draws flies to your games, and you lose most of the time. You now celebrate when you break 30K in attendance.
Your team has sucked throughout your 120 year history as bad as any college football team in the country has sucked.

Your football team is a laughingstock across the country...and it is the reason you are stuck in the AAC with the rest of the misfits. No major conference wants you. No one.

You've passed us? Maybe as most unsuccessful football program in history, and as least desired team by a major conference. That's the only way you've passed us.

Suck on that.

The B1G has announced that football games against Rutgers will count as P5 games.

They will also count as wins.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Suck on that.
I'm pretty sure it's much more even since we've been a full D1A program. But you've made this post a zillion times and gotten that response a million times. Wins over Howard and the Delaware Institute of Tech are super impressive.

dayooper

Reaction Score
The B1G has announced that football games against Rutgers will count as P5 games.

They will also count as wins.

In an effort to improve the perception of Big10 East football, Dim Jelany has informed the member schools that Rutgers will be spotted 15 points in all Big10 football games. "In talking with the playoff committee, they feel that a close win vs Rutgers is really a loss. By giving the Scarlet Squires . . . errrr Knights a head start, it evens the playing field and makes the games more interesting and a greater challenge for our 13 Big10 level teams."

Jelany is working out the points for the basketball games vs Rutgers as well. "The selection committee is having a hard time coming up with the points differential for those games." Apparently the ACC is having similar problems with BC. "ACC commish Swohn Joffery and I are in constant communication over this issue. There just doesn't seem to be a points total that works for either Rutgers nor BC basketball. We are both playing with the idea of making league games with Rutgers and BC scrimmages and not counting toward season records."

When contacted for comment, Rutgers replied, "It is what it is. As long as we keep getting our checks, we will be fine with the set up."

Reaction Score
Well I guess the rulers will never be put away.

Rarely......in sports, head to head wins, attendance, cable boxes, athlete's height and weight, booster contributions, subsidies...any thing that can be measured, will be.

Reaction Score
Rarely.in sports, head to head wins, attendance, cable boxes, athlete's height and weight, booster contributions, subsidies...any thing that can be measured, will be.

True.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Rutgers football has a long tradition of existence. It doesn't do anyone any good to deny that.

Reaction Score
Just to be more accurate and since a Rutboi took offense, from 1988-2004 they had 2 winning years. Some of those years were so bad one could debate whether they existed or not?

Reaction Score
Just to be more accurate and since a Rutboi took offense, from 1988-2004 they had 2 winning years. Some of those years were so bad one could debate whether they existed or not?

So what does that say about your own school's existence, considering even with that horrific stretch, UCONN has a worse lifetime winning percentage than RU?

dayooper

Reaction Score
So what does that say about your own school's existence, considering even with that horrific stretch, UCONN has a worse lifetime winning percentage than RU?

How basketball games did you win in the Big10 last year? At least UConn has basketball to hang their hat on. You have ???

BTW - Jabrill Peppers, Rashan Gary, Amir Mitchell, Ron Johnson and Mike Dwumfor all say hi from Ann Arbor.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
All Rutgers fans need to admit is that you've historically been a dumpster fire of an athletic department, you were fortunate to hit the lottery, and you hope it helps you win something, some day. Why is that so hard?

Reaction Score

Here's your e-f-f-i-n-g- problem - you have a perpetual, gnawing feeling in the deep and dark recesses of your tortured psyche that, regardless of how much money Rutroh gets in payouts or what league they are in; they will continue to suck. You are confronted with the fundamental problem of trying to convince others that you actually can put lipstick on a pig. And, oh, what a pig Rutroh is! Just consider yourself lucky and leave it at that. You are well advised to take your display of ignorance and petulance elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Here's your e-f-f-i-n-g- problem - you have a perpetual, gnawing feeling in the deep and dark recesses of your tortured psyche that, regardless of how much money Rutroh gets in payouts or what league they are in; they will continue to suck. You are confronted with the fundamental problem of trying to convince others that you actually can put lipstick on a pig. And, oh, what a pig Rutroh is! Just consider yourself lucky and leave it at that. You are well advised to take your display of ignorance and petulance elsewhere.

We can't. We're bored until someone else commits.

Reaction Score

By the way we put lipstick on a pig!

Reaction Score
By the way we put lipstick on a pig!

Yes you did...;)

RU fan.png

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If you were to exclude your games against local powerhouses Bucknell, Stevens Institute, Lafayette & Lehigh (the latter two who you shared a very exclusive alignment with for half a century called the 'Middle Three Conference) what would your lifetime winning percentage be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom