Rumors of Maryland talking to B-10 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rumors of Maryland talking to B-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't want to hear a word about proximity.

We're going to have conference games in Idaho, California and Texas.

The SEC is almost a better fit than the conference we're in.

Right, and we're trying to get out of that conference are we not? If we're speculating about moving conferences here then I dont see how geography shouldnt be a factor.

Reaction Score
I don't want to hear a word about proximity.

We're going to have conference games in Idaho, California and Texas.

The SEC is almost a better fit than the conference we're in.

We're not the ones who seem to think you can put Memphis in the Big East and POOF a BCS program will appear.

But hey, they just got a new scoreboard.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Exactly.

There's one factor that's relevant in our moving to a new conference - an invitation.

We'll be more than fortunate to receive one, let alone have to sort through multiple invites to determine which one is the nicest travel fit.

Reaction Score
Im not disputing your point whatsoever - actually, I dont even know how we got to this point, considering I was trying to argue that its stupid to say that our fans wouldnt fit in with B1G fans in Chicago...

Reaction Score
Exactly.

There's one factor that's relevant in our moving to a new conference - an invitation.

We'll be more than fortunate to receive one, let alone have to sort through multiple invites to determine which one is the nicest travel fit.

Lol. I am certain we have prepared pros and cons on each.

Also, when Cincy and Louisville leave, we should invite South Alabama. That would give us a toehold on recruiting in Mobile.

Reaction Score
Also, when Cincy and Louisville leave, we should invite South Alabama. That would give us a toehold on recruiting in Mobile.

We should also be sure to invite UAB so we can get 'The Other Iron Bowl' going on in the conference.

Reaction Score
Growing up in the Midwest...I'm 10000000000000pct more in favor of the B1G v the ACC for emotional reasons.

Reaction Score
Georgia State wants to get in on that too.
I was hoping that we could pick up FIU or FAU along with Georgia State so we can also have The World's Other Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party. There's probably a high school stadium that is equidistant between the two campuses that they could lease.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
would you mind clarifying what you mean about a better cultural fit?
I'm not sure if this is what he meant but at some point during my junior year (1980-1981) there was a KKK rally somewhere in the middle of the state.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
For the record, if the B1G calls we jump at it, even if there is an invitation to the ACC in our other hand.

If proximity is the most important factor, we should consider the NEC. Yes, the ACC is a damned sight better than where we are today but the B1G is as far ahead of the ACC (on all levels) as the ACC is from this sh!Tyler Phommachanh!le of a conference.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ton of this stuff flying around today.

Reaction Score
This is UConn's best shot at ever really getting a foothold into big time football. They desperately need the ACC for all it's athletic programs. The Big East (AKA the anybody who doesn't have a date conference) will never be a factor in big time football and maybe eventually hoops.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
At the end of the day their will be 1 team in the BE, Uconn and they will play themselves all season.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This is UConn's best shot at ever really getting a foothold into big time football. They desperately need the ACC for all it's athletic programs. The Big East (AKA the anybody who doesn't have a date conference) will never be a factor in big time football and maybe eventually hoops.
The BE is the Tinkerbell conference. It is only alive and good at football if you believe in it and clap your hands to save Tinkerbell. #ClapHarder!

Reaction Score
At the end of the day their will be 1 team in the BE, Uconn and they will play themselves all season.

You may be on to something. I swear this is part of a conspiracy to insure that no television network will ever again get stuck with UConn and it's piss-poor, old fashioned offense on New Years Day. Everybody's still mad at the abysmal offensive showing of the Fiesta Huskies. And, they know UConn's only gotten worse since then. They (the rest of the big time college football playing world) won't be happy til UConns back in the Yankee Conference or so it seems.

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score
You may be on to something. I swear this is part of a conspiracy to insure that no television network will ever again get stuck with UConn and it's piss-poor, old fashioned offense on New Years Day. Everybody's still mad at the abysmal offensive showing of the Fiesta Huskies. And, they know UConn's only gotten worse since then. They (the rest of the big time college football playing world) won't be happy til UConns back in the Yankee Conference or so it seems.
Hate to say it but future went from bright to dim pretty quick can you say Duke?

Reaction Score
From ESPN.COM report:
"
Big Ten officials did not respond to numerous requests seeking comment. ACC officials also did not respond to a request for comment. Maryland officials would not comment when asked after the Terps' football game on Saturday.

If these dominoes were to fall then Connecticut would emerge as the most likely candidate to fill Maryland's spot in the ACC. The ACC will be at 14 members in 2013-14 with the addition of the Big East's Pittsburgh and Syracuse and 15 in all sports except football when Notre Dame joins, which could be as early as fall 2013."

Reaction Score

As long as you mean offense playing defense not everyone playing with themselves.

The last time I was happiest with uconn football was the spring game after all.

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score
From ESPN.COM report:
"
Big Ten officials did not respond to numerous requests seeking comment. ACC officials also did not respond to a request for comment. Maryland officials would not comment when asked after the Terps' football game on Saturday.

If these dominoes were to fall then Connecticut would emerge as the most likely candidate to fill Maryland's spot in the ACC. The ACC will be at 14 members in 2013-14 with the addition of the Big East's Pittsburgh and Syracuse and 15 in all sports except football when Notre Dame joins, which could be as early as fall 2013."
I'm feeling Uconn is gonna be delt the 5 finger death punch it's all to good to be true.

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score
As long as you mean offense playing defense not everyone playing with themselves.

The last time I was happiest with uconn football was the spring game after all.
South Bend for me I thought the sky was the limit.

Reaction Score
I'm feeling Uconn is gonna be delt the 5 finger death punch it's all to good to be true.

I have this knot in my stomach telling me the acc will decide to wait for Notre dame to decide on a conference and Boise and maybe others will decide the moving to the big east is no longer worth it and stay put.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I have this knot in my stomach telling me the acc will decide to wait for Notre dame to decide on a conference and Boise and maybe others will decide the moving to the big east is no longer worth it and stay put.

This is EXACTLY how I'm feeling tonight, and I hope I'm dead wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom