Rumor from the . | The Boneyard

Rumor from the .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry for the error in the title.

I don't know if it is appropriate for me to post this, but there are a couple of posts on the CSNBBS board.

He1nousOne posted:

It isn't necessarily true but it isn't necessarily not true. The Tournament is over and thus business picked back up. UConn's championship got them a few extra looks. A certain Network is pushing them HARD towards the Big Ten because their toy conference seems to think taking UConn is equivalent to ESPN having to put forward a conference network for them.
Whether it happens or not? To be honest, I am hearing so many varying stories right now that there are a lot of self interests being served at this point. It does tell me though that we are nearing the point of something big actually happening.
August is still the target for implementation.

Then HuskyU posted:

My contact within the UCONN athletic department said something very similar to this. There are A LOT of talks between a lot of different people with varying agendas taking place, especially the last few weeks. I was also told end of the summer...something big could be coming. Who knows if anything will actually happen, but I know for sure that the serious realignment conversations have not stopped.

It seems like he is saying that the ACC wants to leverage UConn to get a network out of ESPN.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, but you would think the chatter would have already picked up here if there was something to it.

Reaction Score
It is what it is, there's probably always been some form of "chatter" amongst conferences and networks over the last few years in some form. We've probably been brought up a little more than usual lately because of the championships and related publicity, but who knows if it'll actually lead to anything.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Well, truth lies or damn lies, it's good talk for UConn.

Reaction Score
why? I don't know these internet personalities

His interest in realignment is genuine. He's never claimed to be an "insider", he just works the net hard and does his best to make sense of it.

Best of all, the ACC guys hate him.

Another interesting/genuine/responsible "personality" that it didn't know was hanging out here (until the last couple days) is "KyleSLamb".

So, Kyle... What's your take on UConn to B1G (or elsewhere)?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I had a dream that UConn agreed to join the ACC. There was a special signing ceremony covered by ESPN. SH and WM were seated at a table with 2 ACC hats in front of them.

They pulled out their pens and went to grab the ACC hats and then paused. They looked at each other, smiled, and then reached behind their chairs to grab their B1G hats, put them on and yelled in unison...."psych"...pulled out their B1G documents and we joined the B1G.

It felt so real....:D

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
His interest in realignment is genuine. He's never claimed to be an "insider", he just works the net hard and does his best to make sense of it.

Best of all, the ACC guys hate him.

Another interesting/genuine/responsible "personality" that it didn't know was hanging out here (until the last couple days) is "KyleSLamb".

So, Kyle... What's your take on UConn to B1G (or elsewhere)?
I'm still wondering if "Melky Cabrera" is our very own nelson.

Reaction Score
I should have known better... Any thread started by Miko33 over there is fair game for anything. April 1, year round. Resume normal programming.

Reaction Score
I had a dream that UConn agreed to join the ACC. There was a special signing ceremony covered by ESPN. SH and WM were seated at a table with 2 ACC hats in front of them.

They pulled out their pens and went to grab the ACC hats and then paused. They looked at each other, smiled, and then reached behind their chairs to grab their B1G hats, put them on and yelled in unison...."psych"...pulled out their B1G documents and we joined the B1G.

It felt so real....:D
I dont know why, but I initially read "pulled out their pens", as pulled down their pants.

Reaction Score
Which means???

Forget what I said about He1nousOne for the referenced thread. Miko (the OP) and H1 are having some fun.

It was a good laugh for a good Easter. If there's something to it, that will be a bonus.

250px-RickRoll.png

Reaction Score
Seems like an odd discussion to have when you break it down.

So basically ESPN wants the Big Ten to add UConn so that the ACC doesn't take them and leverage that to a better media deal? Even though ESPN already owns AAC media rights (and UConn's by association) and would need to pay more if they push UConn to the Big Ten?

Seems a bit fishy to me....he's probably just trolling miko.

Reaction Score
More:

Just remember one thing...Wisconsin and Michigan were two of the leading Institutions in the push to remove Nebraska from the AAU. The Big Ten knew Nebraska wasn't going to be AAU, yet they took them anyways because the AAU status is just window dressing. If there are enough other positives, AAU status isn't the line in the sand that needs to be crossed.
Another example? Oklahoma would be allowed in under the right circumstances.
I'm not a big proponent of UConn joining the Big Ten. That is not why I have posted what I have posted here.
He1nousOne

If it happens, it happens before August. August is when they want all changes in the NCAA system to be put into place. That means subsidiary situations such as this would be optimally figured out before August. That doesn't mean UConn could immediately join but it could make the difference in what year future additions would begin competition in their new conferences.
He1nousOne

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am sure that UConn's National Championship got Herbst and Manuel a pat on the head from the ACC and Big 10. Since both conferences fully expect UConn's athletic program to whither and die in the AAC, I doubt they will do anything other than say "attaboy" and wait for UConn to fade away.

Reaction Score
nelsonmuntwould st: 944086 said:
I am sure that UConn's National Championship got Herbst and Manuel a pat on the head from the ACC and Big 10. Since both conferences fully expect UConn's athletic program to whither and die in the AAC, I doubt they will do anything other than say "attaboy" and wait for UConn to fade away.

Seems like that would be somewhat putting your head in the sand on purpose. I'm sure the coaches are terrified of KO on the recruiting trail right about now. And with who we already have on board it would be a slow whither. Not even taking info account what Geno will and has done with the girls. If what your saying is true they will be highly disappointed for a long time.

Reaction Score
I am pretty certain that most ADs/Presidents/Commissioners lose very little sleep over the success of the UConn athletic programs. Instead, the NYC/Tri-State market probably has caused a few restless nights. While UConn remains in purgatory, that market remains up for grabs and the threat for these above mentioned people to miss out on it remains real. I will say it again...........UConn is the missing link. Whichever conference gets them wins, the other clearly loses. My theory has been consistent: The Big 10, while inviting Rutgers and Maryland, gave UConn a "to do" list to prep for admission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom