Rule question | The Boneyard

Rule question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Thinking about Jefferson's shot where the ball got wedged between the backboard and rim:

I thought the rule was that the defense received the ball in this situation and I was surprised to see UConn maintain possession. I have a memory of a tournament game many years ago where the UConn men shot a wedge ball near the end of the game and Texas took possession.

Is my memory messed up (wouldn't be the first time!) or has the rule changed?

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Thinking about Jefferson's shot where the ball got wedged between the backboard and rim:

I thought the rule was that the defense received the ball in this situation and I was surprised to see UConn maintain possession. I have a memory of a tournament game many years ago where the UConn men shot a wedge ball near the end of the game and Texas took possession.

Is my memory messed up (wouldn't be the first time!) or has the rule changed?

As HiDribble notes, the possession arrow rules.

You're referring to the Sweet 16 game against Texas in 2003. Marcus White's shot got stuck between the backboard and the rim in the final moments of the game. The possession arrow awarded the ball to the Longhorns, allowing them to win. It was very agonizing for UConn fans.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
As HiDribble notes, the possession arrow rules.

You're referring to the Sweet 16 game against Texas in 2003. Marcus White's shot got stuck between the backboard and the rim in the final moments of the game. The possession arrow awarded the ball to the Longhorns, allowing them to win. It was very agonizing for UConn fans.

Yes - that was the game. And thanks for the info on the possession arrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom