Rosters are up | The Boneyard

Rosters are up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
been waiting for this to finally pop up http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/conn-m-footbl-mtt.html

Ur right about the true frosh.. save Rich Lagow... from a size standpoint he looks like he's coming into try and win a job now... Ormsby and Hopkins appear the part size wise but I just don't see them cracking the depth chart this early... definite redshirts there... I am pretty high on CB Javon Hadley, but he is SUPER slight at 156lbs, if that isn't a typo... ditto for Lemelle at 158lbs.... Definitely would love to see them RS and spend time in the weightroom...

Reaction Score
Looks like we lost one what would have been RS Frosh.. Wyatt Vinci... From all I've tried to find out about him (via google) it seems like he's going into bodybuilding/modelling... Dude looks pretty jacked though, so I wouldn't blame him if he did...

Reaction Score
Looks like we lost one what would have been RS Frosh.. Wyatt Vinci... From all I've tried to find out about him (via google) it seems like he's going into bodybuilding/modelling... Dude looks pretty jacked though, so I wouldn't blame him if he did...

I guess our facilities are just too good. :cool:

Reaction Score
Freshman Blake Feagles.... from Ridgemont NJ.

Future HOF Giants punter Jeff Feagles has a son named Blake and lives in Ridgemont NJ. If these people are one in the same, how the HELL is this not getting more press?

Reaction Score

Future HOF Giants punter Jeff Feagles has a son named Blake and lives in Ridgemont NJ. If these people are one in the same, how the HELL is this not getting more press?

Does he have a trick shot video? No?.........pffffft.

Reaction Score

Great question (and pick-up by you)... Walk-on that I can't remember ever reading anything about him coming to UConn after PG year @ Avon Old Farm?

He's ranked as #47 back in 2012 on this site. http://kohlskicking.com/recruiting/national-rating-system/punters/2012

"Blake is a good athlete who is able to focus and compete at a high level, his drop is solid and his leg strength is at the college level, he does need some improvement on his follow through and finish but he is able to hit spirals as well as anyone in the 2012 class, right now his "A" ball is about a 45 yard 4.5, new to punting and should make major progress in the months to come"

Reaction Score
One other surprise I noticed is our QB depth... We have 8 going into the Fall camp... yep, 8... Once the depth chart thins out I see an exodus at the position akin to what happened a few years ago when we lost a couple kids to Towson...

Reaction Score
Anyone else remember McCummings weighing anything near 240? Makes me wonder..........

Also.....shouldn't this thread be moved to the regular football board?

Reaction Score
Anyone else remember McCummings weighing anything near 240? Makes me wonder..........

Also.....shouldn't this thread be moved to the regular football board?

I believe he was around that weight during Spring ball, no?

Reaction Score
the bigger McCummings gets the more I'm thinking that maybe we'll see a position change for him ( perhaps TE? )

Reaction Score
So, it's actually 3 kids that no longer appear on the roster: Wyatt Vinci, Ricky Gutierrez, and Jonathan Louis

Reaction Score
So, it's actually 3 kids that no longer appear on the roster: Wyatt Vinci, Ricky Gutierrez, and Jonathan Louis

I like Dez. Thought he did a good job. But......has he mailed it in? I used to get these updates from him. Now I get them from the Yard.

Coverage is lacking this year.

Reaction Score
I like Dez. Thought he did a good job. But......has he mailed it in? I used to get these updates from him. Now I get them from the Yard.

He must've seen this because he just tweeted those three are no longer enrolled at uconn

Reaction Score

I have supported Des in the past as well and understand the challenges of the new paradigm for media outlets.

It's moved to news on demand - you have to ask first ;)

From the Mailbag:

Q: Long time no talk Dez. Hope all is well and your recovery is near complete now. Looked at the roster that the school just released and see a couple of names missing: Vinci and Gutierrez. Did they leave the program? , CT

A: How’s it going my friend? You are correct. Recovery is near complete thanks for asking. You’re also correct about Vinci and Gutierrez. You can add Jonathan Louis as well. I can’t say I’m surprised about that one. He didn’t really play last season. I don’t think he fit in the plans here. Gutierrez I’m hearing is an academic-related issue and Vinci I’m hearing is transferring to play someplace else; don’t know where. I think he would have been a good fullback here but I do know for a fact the coaches really do like Jazzmar Clax, also a redshirt freshman, also from New Jersey, at that spot…. It’s good hearing from you.

edit - I am not the person who asked the question.

Reaction Score
I have supported Des in the past as well and understand the challenges of the new paradigm for media outlets.

It's moved to news on demand - you have to ask first ;)

From the Mailbag:

Q: Long time no talk Dez. Hope all is well and your recovery is near complete now. Looked at the roster that the school just released and see a couple of names missing: Vinci and Gutierrez. Did they leave the program? , CT

A: How’s it going my friend? You are correct. Recovery is near complete thanks for asking. You’re also correct about Vinci and Gutierrez. You can add Jonathan Louis as well. I can’t say I’m surprised about that one. He didn’t really play last season. I don’t think he fit in the plans here. Gutierrez I’m hearing is an academic-related issue and Vinci I’m hearing is transferring to play someplace else; don’t know where. I think he would have been a good fullback here but I do know for a fact the coaches really do like Jazzmar Clax, also a redshirt freshman, also from New Jersey, at that spot…. It’s good hearing from you.

So if Guttierrez is out for academics, maybe he can work his way back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom