Rooting for Penn State.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rooting for Penn State....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
If history is the only thing that is the difference then UConn will never close the gap on Penn State because the next 4-10 years for them will be the next 4-10 years for the Huskies. Think of it, your father will always have more history than you (talking the collective who in this instance). So does that mean you will never become stronger, or more accomplished or more successful?

Wow. That is dumb.

In 4 years, Penn St is still going to have a nearly 100K stadium that they can fill. They play in the Big 10. They are in Penn. They have legions of HS coaches, media and alumni that will talk about them.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I just hope the next 4-10 years (seems to be the popular estimate on how long the sanctions will affect them) creates enough of a disturbance that we can start taking the top CT guys that seem to always go to PSU. Get a young coach in post-HCPP (not pushing him out the door, talking about any time in that span) and hopefully UConn is in a position to make some noise.

Other than how their punishment may benefit UConn, I don't give a rat's ass about PSU. Nobody cares about UCLA basketball anymore. Same thing could happen to PSU football and they'll be just another memory.

pj

Reaction Score
Sagarin's computer rankings have us behind Navy, UofL, MD, Pitt, WVU, SU, BC & Penn St that year.

We finished #56, one ahead of NE powerhouse Villanova at #57.

So this year will be by far the best in UConn history!

sdhusky

Reaction Score
So this year will be by far the best in UConn history!

BL thinks that #56 is a mind blowing accomplishment for FUCRE. How about Villanova at #57,

BTW, who did we finish ahead of in the NR besides Buffalo, Temple and RU that year?

Reaction Score
BL thinks that #56 is a mind blowing accomplishment for FUCRE. How about Villanova at #57,

BTW, who did we finish ahead of in the NR besides Buffalo, Temple and RU that year?

We must see the world differently. I see 8-4, our first ever Lambert Trophy, our first ever BCS bid, a shared Big East Championship and our first ever win against WVU and I think accomplishing more than all the other teams in our region makes us the best team in our region. If you're more concerned with a computer than results on the field, more power to you my friend.

And it has little to do with FHCRE. If we repeat that season this year, I will be praising P for getting it done regardless of whether computers are impressed.

The next time an apologista says that they are tired of people trashing the accomplishments of our players and programs to not give a coach credit, someone please quote SDH in response

Reaction Score
Sagarin's computer rankings have us behind Navy, UofL, MD, Pitt, WVU, SU, BC & Penn St that year.

We finished #56, one ahead of NE powerhouse Villanova at #57.

Well there is a good example of computers failing to get it right. 2009 was the best team we have had. They had some great wins and hard fought losses and they did it after the tragic loss of a teammate. Give that team a better than average QB and it crashes the top 20, maybe top 15 or higher.

That team had an NFL WR, RB, FB, DT, Two NFL LB, Two NFL CB, K, and two all league O-linemen and an all league DE.

The hope this year is that we have that kind of talent with the QB.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
We must see the world differently. I see 8-4, our first ever Lambert Trophy, our first ever BCS bid, a shared Big East Championship and our first ever win against WVU and I think accomplishing more than all the other teams in our region makes us the best team in our region. If you're more concerned with a computer than results on the field, more power to you my friend.

And it has little to do with FHCRE. If we repeat that season this year, I will be praising P for getting it done regardless of whether computers are impressed.

The next time an apologista says that they are tired of people trashing the accomplishments of our players and programs to not give a coach credit, someone please quote SDH in response

My issue is on field results. We were 8-5 without a quality win. Blown out in our bowl. Ranked slighty ahead of Villanova in on field accomplishments.

Just because the BE didn't have any good teams that year and we won the conference on a bunch of tie breakers doesn't make us a top 12 team. We backed into the Fiesta Bowl because of a flawed BCS system that failed miserably at getting the best teams in the country that year. Do you honestly believe we were one of the 12 best teams in the country that year based "On the field" accomplishments?

Reaction Score
My issue is on field results. We were 8-5 without a quality win. Blown out in our bowl. Ranked slighty ahead of Villanova in on field accomplishments.

Just because the BE didn't have any good teams that year and we won the conference on a bunch of tie breakers doesn't make us a top 12 team. We backed into the Fiesta Bowl because of a flawed BCS system that failed miserably at getting the best teams in the country that year. Do you honestly believe we were one of the 12 best teams in the country that year based "On the field" accomplishments?

Of course not. I said we were one of the 12 best teams where? I said we were the best team in the Northeast. Which, based on winning, we were. Saying we weren't is akin to saying Kemba's team that won the championshiop wasn't the best. You are entitled to your opinion but when they crown a champion really, who cares what your (or my) opinion is.

Reaction Score

Do you comb through these threads looking to pick Edsall fights with BL and pounce at the first chance? This act was even boring a year ago.

Reaction Score
Well there is a good example of computers failing to get it right. 2009 was the best team we have had. They had some great wins and hard fought losses and they did it after the tragic loss of a teammate. Give that team a better than average QB and it crashes the top 20, maybe top 15 or higher.

That team had an NFL WR, RB, FB, DT, Two NFL LB, Two NFL CB, K, and two all league O-linemen and an all league DE.

The hope this year is that we have that kind of talent with the QB.

My bad. In fairness to SDH (although I don't know why I would care), I got my year wrong. Blame it on Alzheimer's. The '09 team might have been "best" in terms of what you would hypothetically expect a team to accomplish on a neutral field, but the team that got it done on the field was '10.

Reaction Score
Amazing people need to defend an 8+ win program thats been playing major college football for only 8/9 years and yet one that was not nearly as competative at a lower level of play.

Reaction Score
Do you think the BE was Excellent, Good or Mediocre that year?

Mediocre is fair. How good was MLB the last time the Yanks won? The last time the Sox won?

Go on. As was pointed out, this field has been plowed so many times that I'm walking away.

Reaction Score
Amazing people need to defend an 8+ win program thats been playing major college football for only 8/9 years and yet one that was not nearly as competative at a lower level of play.

Hey, watch it. We had some nice runs in the 80s and 90s. :)

Reaction Score
can the season start yet? THis is old.

Co champions of the league in 2007. No BCS bid due to tiebreakers. Co-champions of the league in 2010, BCS bid due to tie-breakers. That's the bar right now. Top 25 presence, of about 6 weeks total in 10 years. No regular season with more than 8 wins while in a BCS conference.

You're either looking up at ithe bar, looking down at it, or standing on it and not sure where to go.

i'm looking up, and I see a whole bunch of room, and ability to climb above it.

LEt's kick off the season and start climbing.

Reaction Score
can the season start yet? THis is old.

Co champions of the league in 2007. No BCS bid due to tiebreakers. Co-champions of the league in 2010, BCS bid due to tie-breakers. That's the bar right now. Top 25 presence, of about 6 weeks total in 10 years. No regular season with more than 8 wins while in a BCS conference.

You're either looking up at ithe bar, looking down at it, or standing on it and not sure where to go.

i'm looking up, and I see a whole bunch of room, and ability to climb above it.

LEt's kick off the season and start climbing.

We went 9-3 in '07 before losing in the Tire Bowl, but who's counting.

Reaction Score
Don't bore me with the minutaie errors I make, when I'm making an argument.

It's almost time to play football. What I remember most about 2007 is a conference championship game that we got spanked raw. :)

I want another conference championship game, on the last weekend, this year, at our house.

Reaction Score
Don't bore me with the minutaie errors I make, when I'm making an argument..

is this your first day on the internet? I thought it was invented so jerks can debate semantics even if they agree with the basic content of your point.;)

as for the original point that the OP is rooting for PennState, i might take a similar attitude except for the fact that I've seen more bellyaching by the PSU fanbase about their sanctions than I did that the school allowed a predator to potentially victimize their children. It makes me wish eternal failure on that entire community. the folks in Happy Valley should have been the most upset by the child rape, since it was the kids in that community that were most hurt. Sandusky literally set up a charity to help kids in the area as bait to rape them and the community seems more pissed off that they might lose a few games. Sure they're punishing kids that are not responsible for what happened, but how come I haven't heard nearly as many complaints that the school allowed a pedophile to set up camp in their midst. They should want JoePa's head on a platter, but instead these imbeciles are upset about his legacy

Reaction Score
is this your first day on the internet? I thought it was invented so jerks can debate semantics even if they agree with the basic content of your point.;)

as for the original point that the OP is rooting for PennState, i might take a similar attitude except for the fact that I've seen more bellyaching by the PSU fanbase about their sanctions than I did that the school allowed a predator to potentially victimize their children. It makes me wish eternal failure on that entire community. the folks in Happy Valley should have been the most upset by the child rape, since it was the kids in that community that were most hurt. Sandusky literally set up a charity to help kids in the area as bait to rape them and the community seems more pissed off that they might lose a few games. Sure they're punishing kids that are not responsible for what happened, but how come I haven't heard nearly as many complaints that the school allowed a pedophile to set up camp in their midst. They should want JoePa's head on a platter, but instead these imbeciles are upset about his legacy

(what he just said ) ++++++1

Reaction Score
Is anyone aware that one of our ex-head coaches played at Penn State? Maybe we can ask Tom Jackson to help in recruiting. Hiring Edsall (a former 'Cuse player) ironically helped us in dominating 'Cuse. Thanks for the good work, RE!

pj

Reaction Score
Butchy, Paul Pasqualoni played at Penn State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom