Rogue One | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rogue One

Reaction Score
So Disney ordered reshoots... lots of rumors flying around including that 40% of the shots are being reshot and that the mouse house was unhappy with the dark tone of the script / film .

Rumor: Rogue One Reshoots Details

One might wonder if these rumors of "oh it's too much of a dark war story" are planted to stoke the imaginations of fanboys.

No matter how bad it ends up, it won't be any worse than Episodes 1-3.

Reaction Score
Rogue one.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Fduck Disney. They suck the air out of everything.

Reaction Score
The rumors that the re-shoots were for 40% of the movie because Disney thought the movie had 'too dark of a tone' are false. The re-shoots consisted of small scenes that add dialogue/close-ups. No scenes that they had originally planned on including in the film were taken out.

Reaction Score
The Star Wars franchise seems to be abandoning the male audience. Pretty soon there will be only females in the Star Wars universe.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The rumors that the re-shoots were for 40% of the movie because Disney thought the movie had 'too dark of a tone' are false. The re-shoots consisted of small scenes that add dialogue/close-ups. No scenes that they had originally planned on including in the film were taken out.

Excellent news. Couldn't sit through another Jar Jar Binks dumpster fire.

Reaction Score
The Star Wars franchise seems to be abandoning the male audience. Pretty soon there will be only females in the Star Wars universe.

Let's see how Episode 8 plays out first. If that film doesn't really feature Luke Skywalker doing serious work, then I will be pretty disappointed. Part of Daisy Ridley's arc should be to inspire him to get off his ass and do something as opposed to him just being in the background.

Reaction Score
Let's see how Episode 8 plays out first. If that film doesn't really feature Luke Skywalker doing serious work, then I will be pretty disappointed. Part of Daisy Ridley's arc should be to inspire him to get off his ass and do something as opposed to him just being in the background.

At the same time, Luke can't 'take over' the sequel trilogy. It isn't HIS trilogy. It's Rey's, and Kylo's, and Finn's, and Poe's.

I'm pretty heavy into spoilers, especially when it comes to Star Wars. You shouldn't be disappointed with Luke's role in episode 8.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
At the same time, Luke can't 'take over' the sequel trilogy. It isn't HIS trilogy. It's Rey's, and Kylo's, and Finn's, and Poe's.

I'm pretty heavy into spoilers, especially when it comes to Star Wars. You shouldn't be disappointed with Luke's role in episode 8.

Pull it in FTD. Don't want to hear anything else.

Reaction Score

I am into spoilers as well, and I certainly understand that we are building a new generation of heroes here, as we should. However, you can't just throw away tradition, so he needs to be really big, but not to the level of the good guys getting an automatic win. One of my real concerns is how they have pretty much made Kylo Ren a paper tiger who was lucky to not get killed by someone that didn't have anywhere near the practical experience using the force that he allegedly has. I am hoping they explain that for us moving forward.

Reaction Score
One of my real concerns is how they have pretty much made Kylo Ren a paper tiger who was lucky to not get killed by someone that didn't have anywhere near the practical experience using the force that he allegedly has. I am hoping they explain that for us moving forward.
I can partially explain it to you now. The dude took a bowcaster blast to the gut. We saw that thing send stormtroopers flying 20 feet in the air. They had him dripping blood and punching his wound for a reason - he was significantly injured and they wanted us to know that. Not to mention he just murdered his father, which had an extremely different effect on him than he had wished. Instead of feeling more powerful like he had hoped, he was 'stunned by his own actions' and 'found himself weakened' as told in the TFA novelization.

Kylo is one of the most interesting characters we've seen in Star Wars. His character is so conflicted. He wants so badly to be the 'big bad' but he isn't and will never be. As Snoke says in the novelization, he is the perfect mixture of light and dark. I can't wait to see how his character plays out in 8 and 9. Whether he's redeemed or not, his character should make for an intense, interesting story arc.

As for throwing away tradition, I think you need to put some faith in the Lucasfilm story group. They know how important Luke is to the story and the entire fan base, they would never just casually get rid of him.

Reaction Score
That's the easy explanation regarding Kylo for sure and I'm sort of cool with it, but it's almost too clean and I need to see more. As for having more faith in the Lucasfilm story group...they still need to earn it in my opinion. They have gone a long way towards erasing the memories of the prequel trilogy nonsense, but I'm not ready to let go of my hate, Jedi style, just yet.

Having said all that, I enjoyed the last film tremendously and can't wait to see Rogue One. Donnie Yen is in it for . How can one not be excited about that?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Many Bothans died bringing that preview to us.
You got not likes for this comment in 3 months? The odds of that are less than those to successfully navigate an asteroid field.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
As for throwing away tradition, I think you need to put some faith in the Lucasfilm story group. They know how important Luke is to the story and the entire fan base, they would never just casually get rid of him.

The Lucas Film Story Group brought us the wonder turd that was Jar Jar Binks. I'm not putting any faith in anything until I see it.

Reaction Score
That's the easy explanation regarding Kylo for sure and I'm sort of cool with it, but it's almost too clean and I need to see more. As for having more faith in the Lucasfilm story group...they still need to earn it in my opinion. They have gone a long way towards erasing the memories of the prequel trilogy nonsense, but I'm not ready to let go of my hate, Jedi style, just yet.

The Lucas Film Story Group brought us the wonder turd that was Jar Jar Binks. I'm not putting any faith in anything until I see it.

So, I am not a prequel hater. I love the prequels as much as I love the other movies (Revenge of the Sith is tied with Empire as my favorite episode.) I realize that they are flawed (all movies have flaws), but I don't let that get in my way of enjoying the story. To me, Star Wars is Star Wars - I love it all.

It should be noted though that during the prequels, it was pretty well-known that it was George's way or the highway. So when you criticize Lucasfilm as a whole, just realize that during that time period, decisions were ultimately up to George. (I'm not taking shots at Lucas either. The guy created all of this - it's his baby.)

Now, GL is gone, so TFA was the first generation of post-Lucas Star Wars films. And for the most part, everyone loved it. That's why I say have faith in the Lucasfilm story group. When the movies were totally under their control, they delivered. They played it safe by paying homage to the OT, and now with Episode 8, they have a real chance to shine.

Additionally, all of the extra material that Lucasfilm has created since the prequel era (The Clone Wars, Rebels) in my opinion has been spectacular. For the limitations that the story group has, since they are kids shows, they've done the absolute best job they could do with those shows. And Rebels season 3 looks like it's going to be no different. Dave Filoni is a genius.

Anyways, that's why I'm excited for the rest of the sequel trilogy and why I have faith in Lucasfilm. I loved the prequels - it's no secret that they were flawed but they're in the past now. The Clone Wars, Rebels, and now TFA have ushered in a new era of Star Wars story telling that has, so far, delivered.

Sorry this is so off-topic from Rogue One.

Reaction Score
So, I am not a prequel hater. I love the prequels as much as I love the other movies (Revenge of the Sith is tied with Empire as my favorite episode.) I realize that they are flawed (all movies have flaws), but I don't let that get in my way of enjoying the story. To me, Star Wars is Star Wars - I love it all.

It should be noted though that during the prequels, it was pretty well-known that it was George's way or the highway. So when you criticize Lucasfilm as a whole, just realize that during that time period, decisions were ultimately up to George. (I'm not taking shots at Lucas either. The guy created all of this - it's his baby.)

Now, GL is gone, so TFA was the first generation of post-Lucas Star Wars films. And for the most part, everyone loved it. That's why I say have faith in the Lucasfilm story group. When the movies were totally under their control, they delivered. They played it safe by paying homage to the OT, and now with Episode 8, they have a real chance to shine.

Additionally, all of the extra material that Lucasfilm has created since the prequel era (The Clone Wars, Rebels) in my opinion has been spectacular. For the limitations that the story group has, since they are kids shows, they've done the absolute best job they could do with those shows. And Rebels season 3 looks like it's going to be no different. Dave Filoni is a genius.

Anyways, that's why I'm excited for the rest of the sequel trilogy and why I have faith in Lucasfilm. I loved the prequels - it's no secret that they were flawed but they're in the past now. The Clone Wars, Rebels, and now TFA have ushered in a new era of Star Wars story telling that has, so far, delivered.

Sorry this is so off-topic from Rogue One.
I like this post. I think totally right (although I wouldn't rate Sith that highly). I rewatched them last year and was surprised that they weren't as bad as I remembered them. Some really bad lines and some poor acting, but overall not nearly as bad as I remembered. Not as good as IV or V, mind you--or even VII--but definitely not hateworthy.

Reaction Score
I like this post. I think totally right (although I wouldn't rate Sith that highly). I rewatched them last year and was surprised that they weren't as bad as I remembered them. Some really bad lines and some poor acting, but overall not nearly as bad as I remembered. Not as good as IV or V, mind you--or even VII--but definitely not hateworthy.

My own ranking: 1) Empire Strikes Back, 2) New Hope, 3) Force Awakens, 4) Revenge of the Sith, 5) Return of the Jedi, 6) Attack of the Clones, 7) Phantom Menace

Phantom Menace was tough because it basically had to introduce an entire new triology. If Jar Jar never existed it would have gotten a boost and the kid factor needed to be toned down. Clones the core story line, Anakin's and Padme's love, just felt forced. Sith just went back to being an action movie and the duel between Obi and Anakin was worth it.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
My own ranking: 1) Empire Strikes Back, 2) New Hope, 3) Force Awakens, 4) Revenge of the Sith, 5) Return of the Jedi, 6) Attack of the Clones, 7) Phantom Menace

Phantom Menace was tough because it basically had to introduce an entire new triology. If Jar Jar never existed it would have gotten a boost and the kid factor needed to be toned down. Clones the core story line, Anakin's and Padme's love, just felt forced. Sith just went back to being an action movie and the duel between Obi and Anakin was worth it.

Most star wars fans don't seem to rank Jedi very highly. I love that movie, maybe because of my age when it came out, idk.

Loved Jabba and Mos Eisley. Loved jaded look going back to yoda. The lightspeeder scene on Endor was one of the best in all the movies imo. Even the ewoks were alright, they were what jar jar was supposed to be. Amusing comic relief.

Reaction Score
In other Rogue One news...

'Rogue One' Drama: Writer Tony Gilroy Taking on More Duties

Basically just giving some more insight on Tony Gilroy helping out Gareth Edwards with re-shoots and post-production edits. Most interesting part of the article is probably:

"The Gilroy-backed reshoots tackled several issues, according to sources, the ending of the film among them."

Can definitely see how the end of the film has given the team some trouble. You need to decide how you are going to show the plans being transmitted to the Tantive IV. You also need to decide on the main characters' fates. You would think that most of them would die, but they may not want to kill off Jyn to not make the tone of the film 'too dark.'

Nothing to panic about... just need to wait until the film comes out to know for sure..

intlzncster

Reaction Score
In other Rogue One news...

'Rogue One' Drama: Writer Tony Gilroy Taking on More Duties

Basically just giving some more insight on Tony Gilroy helping out Gareth Edwards with re-shoots and post-production edits. Most interesting part of the article is probably:

"The Gilroy-backed reshoots tackled several issues, according to sources, the ending of the film among them."

Can definitely see how the end of the film has given the team some trouble. You need to decide how you are going to show the plans being transmitted to the Tantive IV. You also need to decide on the main characters' fates. You would think that most of them would die, but they may not want to kill off Jyn to not make the tone of the film 'too dark.'

Nothing to panic about... just need to wait until the film comes out to know for sure..

Pretty much should kill off everyone. ie They just get the plans transmited before the last guy gets wacked.

Reaction Score
Pretty much should kill off everyone. ie They just get the plans transmited before the last guy gets wacked.

I like it; but, its a little dark for a Disney and Star Wars movie, would hurt future toy sales, and the rumor that Jyn Erso could be Luke Skywalker's future love interest, i.e. Rey's Mom.

Reaction Score
I like it; but, its a little dark for a Disney and Star Wars movie, would hurt future toy sales, and the rumor that Jyn Erso could be Luke Skywalker's future love interest, i.e. Rey's Mom.

Pablo Hidalgo has stressed that this isn't happening and that the anthology films will be separate from the main saga. No Snoke origins, no main character family ties, just a separate story.

Yeah, I mean if it were up to me, everyone would die. I just don't know if Disney would be willing to go that direction. My dream ending would have Vader in pursuit of the main squad who are on their way to transmit the plans. They all try to slow him down as Jyn runs for her life to transmit the plans. One by one Vader picks them all off, but Jyn is able to send the plans a split second before Vader's saber pierces through her chest. Not gonna happen :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom