Robinson Cano | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Robinson Cano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And Cherrington does? C'mon.......Gomes, Napoli and Carp are PED guys who you can only hope can help.....and they did....congrats to Ben - he got lucky!! And that's what it take these days!
So here we go with you on your PED kick again. I thought this was over a month ago but maybe I just stopped reading your responses.

Reaction Score
Next year will be another grind for Yankee fans. In 2013, Cashman had 80+ players in spring training, and he might have the same next year. Gone will be: Alex for at least 100 games. Gone: Grandy, Joba, and Phil. Mo and Pettite will both be retired, Youk's contract ( I believe $13 mil) comes off, Cervelli won't be asked back. I don't know what happens to Soriano, or Nunez, but I hope they keep Ryan for insurance. Tex and Derek are question marks- is Tex's wrist as bad as Bautista's, if so he may never be the same, and Derek, who knows what 2014 brings, except he'll be another year older.
When you look to the farm system you don't see much for the near future. Maybe Almonte. Maybe Mesa. Maybe one of the killer B's. Who knows.
A lot of money will come off the books, but a big part of it goes to Robbie.
Right now I'm hoping that Pineda can pitch in 2014, that Hiro comes back, that Phelps can pick up where he left off, that Nova finally has it straightened out, and that either Nuno or Huff pan out. Middle to late innings, hopefully we'll see more of Claiborne, and maybe even Montgomery. C.C.? I don't even want to go there!
Next year's starting outfield would potentially be: Soriano/Wells in left, Gardner in center, and Ichiro in right. That's okay if you're an artist and you like minimalism!
The positive in this will be that the Yankees may get more prospects from the above departures, but that's looking down the road.
Who knows, though. Look at 2013, did any Yankee fan think in their right mind that we'd be in the hunt with less than 15 games to go?

Mesa is gone - the team released him. If you're an OF - hell, if you're at any position - in AAA, you're never getting a better shot than this year.

The "killer B's" - Brackman is gone. Betances got a makeover as a reliever - and had a chance to shine in the midst of the bullpen rubble, but didn't. Banuelos is in the same boat as Pineda - great prospect with lots of ?'s coming back from surgery.

RE: letting Cano go, and signing several younger players in his spot. 1. That's antithetical to NY's historic philosophy, which is you need "stars" to keep fan interest. 2. Who are these younger players? Even historic also-rans like Pitt and KC are in now contention, and no team will give up good young players. Productive, relatively inexpensive guys are gold in MLB today.

Although I think the team needs to be blown up, I expect them to scuffle along with older players again next year. As bad as this year has been, they're still 4th in avg. attendance, and Hal seems to be obsessed with getting under the salary cap. It was a long shot, but taking ARod's salary off the books probably will do it. As Buck said, suspending ARod will give NY Matt Wieters. Expect the wallet to open in 2015. The best way to get good young players is to trade good young players - Romine, Murphy and Sanchez could all be in play then.

Reaction Score
Mesa is gone - the team released him. If you're an OF - hell, if you're at any position - in AAA, you're never getting a better shot than this year.

The "killer B's" - Brackman is gone. Betances got a makeover as a reliever - and had a chance to shine in the midst of the bullpen rubble, but didn't. Banuelos is in the same boat as Pineda - great prospect with lots of ?'s coming back from surgery.

RE: letting Cano go, and signing several younger players in his spot. 1. That's antithetical to NY's historic philosophy, which is you need "stars" to keep fan interest. 2. Who are these younger players? Even historic also-rans like Pitt and KC are in now contention, and no team will give up good young players. Productive, relatively inexpensive guys are gold in MLB today.

Although I think the team needs to be blown up, I expect them to scuffle along with older players again next year. As bad as this year has been, they're still 4th in avg. attendance, and Hal seems to be obsessed with getting under the salary cap. It was a long shot, but taking ARod's salary off the books probably will do it. As Buck said, suspending ARod will give NY Matt Wieters. Expect the wallet to open in 2015. The best way to get good young players is to trade good young players - Romine, Murphy and Sanchez could all be in play then.
Season ticket renewals are way off according to Fatso and most of the season ticket packages are 3 year deals to avoid a single season run on the bank. 2015 will likely mark the end for Jeter and Arod so those are 2 more positions to fill. Corner outfielder with power, C, left side of the infield and starting pitching: that is a lot to do in a single season. The predominant white collar people who make up most of the season ticket holders won't be found if the Yankees don't have stars and a winning team. George understood this. I'm not sure Hank does.

Reaction Score

The killer B's are Betances and Manny Banuelos who had Tommy John surgery.

Reaction Score
The killer B's are Betances and Manny Banuelos who had Tommy John surgery.

And Brackman. It was the trio, who came into the system about the same time. Brackman was a highly touted college pitcher who fell into NY's lap because he had surgery coming out of college, dropping him from a very high draft pick to NY's slot. Scouts said he had the best fastball in college. He was 6' 10" and at that height could never get his mechanics squared away, and quit baseball after floundering in the minors.

The "B's" are, indeed, now Betances and Banuelos with him gone.

Reaction Score
Season ticket renewals are way off according to Fatso and most of the season ticket packages are 3 year deals to avoid a single season run on the bank. 2015 will likely mark the end for Jeter and Arod so those are 2 more positions to fill. Corner outfielder with power, C, left side of the infield and starting pitching: that is a lot to do in a single season. The predominant white collar people who make up most of the season ticket holders won't be found if the Yankees don't have stars and a winning team. George understood this. I'm not sure Hank does.

"I'm not sure Hank does." Hank is an idiot - but thankfully he doesn't have much to do with the team any longer. He's back with his horses in Kentucky. After the ARod contract debacle, Hal and his sisters took over the team. Hal is the president.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom