RIP Joe McGinn | The Boneyard

RIP Joe McGinn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everything you need to know about what type of person Jim Calhoun is can be seen through the love his players have for him and the love he has for them. Watching the "Born to Lead" documentary I am reminded of the Joe McGinn story, his relationship with coach Calhoun was remarkably beautiful. It shows what a special person coach is and it shows what a warrior Joe McGinn was. The final strand of net from the '99 team will always be hanging for Mighty Joe.

Reaction Score
That is truly a great story. And for those who don't know too many sides of JC they need to look no further!

C

Chief00

That is truly a great story. And for those who don't know too many sides of JC they need to look no further!

True, they had a special bond. I also liked Rip Hamilton's story about how the Freshmen would never see again that nice guy who was in their living rooms telling them how great they were - you will never see that MF again!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I met Joe during a brief stint as a team manager. Really good guy. RIP.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I knew that story well, but I had never heard about the time when he brought the team to the hospital, tore the sheets off Joe, made them look at the stumps where his legs used to be, and then said something to the effect of "Now tell me about tough."

I also never knew that Joe's family asked Calhoun to be the one to tell Joe that he had to have his legs amputated.

I thought it was touching and sweet when Pat Calhoun started to choke up when she recalled Jim leaving the strand for Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom