RIP Chad Wise | The Boneyard

RIP Chad Wise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not too sure of the details but I saw through Shamon Tooles' Facebook page (friends with him) that Chad Wise (UConn '01-03) passed away. I don't have any details, but from reading the comments it seems he was sick. Maybe someone more connected can shed some light on it.

Very sad, RIP Chad.

EDIT: Obituary: Chad Wise - Chad Wise ATKINS — Chad Wise 32 of Lonoke formerly of Atkins passed away Friday April 22 2016 in North Little Rock. He was born May 18 1983 son of Joe Bob Wise and Sandra Tester. Funeral arrangements are currently pending und...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
This is incredibly sad. RIP Chad.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Very sad. He was far too young. Rest in Peace Chad.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not too sure of the details but I saw through Shamon Tooles' Facebook page (friends with him) that Chad Wise (UConn '01-03) passed away. I don't have any details, but from reading the comments it seems he was sick. Maybe someone more connected can shed some light on it.

Very sad, RIP Chad.

Holy crap, really? I thought this was going to be some sort of joke thread. Damn, kid was young.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Things like this make one pause and think/count their blessings
RIP Chad - a good ole Arkansas boy

Reaction Score
Do I have the right guy----All state QB, wore number 2

He was on our basketball team in the early 2000s. Wasn't a walk on but also wasn't one of the main rotation guys. More of one of those tweeners that would come in to give a foul when needed, give a guy a breather, etc.

Reaction Score
RIP Chad!

Wisecopy.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He was on our basketball team in the early 2000s. Wasn't a walk on but also wasn't one of the main rotation guys. More of one of those tweeners that would come in to give a foul when needed, give a guy a breather, etc.

Kid could hit the three. I've always felt Chad could have been better than he was. But he really loved the college experience so to speak. It can never be said that Chad didn't have a good time. And that's not an insult either. RIP

Reaction Score
Anyone know what happened? I was in his west campus dorm as a freshman and had a 'few' with him on occasion. Thoughts and prayers with his family.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Damn... Chad was only a few weeks older than me. Way too young... RIP Chad.

Reaction Score

Kid had some game, could shoot it and had some hops if I remember correctly. As you said more of a tweener and not quite a Big East kid, and he was on some really good teams so limited minutes available.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Kid had some game, could shoot it and had some hops if I remember correctly. As you said more of a tweener and not quite a Big East kid, and he was on some really good teams so limited minutes available.

I too seem to remember him being able to dunk pretty well for his size.

Reaction Score
Yes I remember he was pretty athletic. I think he was stuck behind Robertson and Ben so he never played. I thought he transferred to Arkansas but I couldn't find anything....

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Yes I remember he was pretty athletic. I think he was stuck behind Robertson and Ben so he never played. I thought he transferred to Arkansas but I couldn't find anything....

I believe he may have transferred to the U. of Central Ark.

It's a terrible tragedy for any family to lose a child.

RIP Chad. You're a Husky forever.

Reaction Score
So very sad. A truly young man passed away well before his time.

I'm in my 40s and know of several classmates and friends who have passed. Just way too early. Thought the rage life expectancy now is into the early 80s.

RIP Chad Wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69