Rio, anyone????? | The Boneyard

Rio, anyone?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I had been ignoring my email from CoSport, but finally got around to looking at their last reminder. They processed tickets for the London Olympics and won the bid to do the same for Rio. The first set of applications for individual tickets are due at 2 PM EDT today. I haven't done much planning, but I really want to be there. I put in an order for 2 tickets for each semi-final (priced separately, of course) and the gold medal game. One of our eminent members has first dibs at the second ticket. If she passes, I may be looking to sell them. Prices are about $130 per game for the cheap seats, which is what I requested. The expensive seats are $430 for the gold medal game. Early rounds are $25-$35. (All prices are in USD.) So, the prices are multiples of what we paid in Istanbul for the FIBA world championships, but this is THE OLYMPICS.

I was at the 1996 Gold medal game and also attended other events in Sydney in 2000. I saw several events in London in 2012, including the very tough semi-final against Australia that was effectively the gold medal game. (Asjha Jones and Tina Charles stopped Liz Cambage in the second half after she scored at will in the first half.)

Is anyone else planning on attending Rio on 2016?

I need to learn some rudimentary Portuguese. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I have a taker for the second ticket. Yay!

Anyone else planning on being there? Mark your calendar for mid-August 2016.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I would love, love, love to get credentialed... but I don't know that they'll give FullCourt two. If they do? Heck, yes!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I would love, love, love to get credentialed... but I don't know that they'll give FullCourt two. If they do? Heck, yes!
It'll be a freaking reunion! I hope to see you. :)

I'll be in NYC twice in July, but the Liberty have no home games on my dates. Damn! I was hoping to catch up. Maybe we can find a bar and watch a WNBA game on TV. I have tix with my buddies for the row behind Coach Reeve when Maya comes to D.C.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
That could happen... I'm hoping to be doing the "use up yr. dang vacation days woman!" during July, but there is a conference that will keep me in town middle of... Drop a line if you're around!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wont be going.... but if you can bring me back a nice Brazilian lady to be my future wife..... I'd greatly appreciate it :cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I wont be going.... but if you can bring me back a nice Brazilian lady to be my future wife..... I'd greatly appreciate it :cool:
I have a Brazilian friend who is a personal trainer with almost no body fat. She is perhaps the fittest person I know, plus one of the prettiest and sweetest. But she's a lot younger than I and now has a serious boyfriend. So she's not available to either of us. If I can find TWO, then I may have one for you, my friend. :)

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
If anyone is interested in going, my wife works for a Brazilian travel agency and can get good deals for airfare. PM if interested............................

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ok, CoSport notified me today. I got the Gold Medal game tickets and ONE semi-final game tickets. I missed out on the other semi-fina game. I don't think the brackets have been announced yet--or have they? I think I have a 50% chance of getting the right semi-final game--you know, the one with the U.S. playing.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
Nephew did that--in Ct--she brought him back to Brazil--loves it!
I've been several times. I've been to Rio (hate it), Brasilia (liked it), Paraty (liked it) Cabo Frio (loved it), Juiz de Fora (liked it. Wife from there), and Sao Paulo (loved it). Hoping to see more of country in future......Brazilians are a lot like Italians.....not happy unless they are feeding you.....

Reaction Score
I've been several times. I've been to Rio (hate it), Brasilia (liked it), Paraty (liked it) Cabo Frio (loved it), Juiz de Fora (liked it. Wife from there), and Sao Paulo (loved it). Hoping to see more of country in future.Brazilians are a lot like Italians.....not happy unless they are feeding you.....
I lived for a few years in S. America with the Feds--daughter there with State--another in Chad with State--I disliked some locations on casual visits--when I settled in I found places and foods and people were usually easy to get along with. Too many people go South and expect Hartford, or Queens or Little Rock and the people there MUST speak English (if they are at all educated)--of course the visitors don't take the effort to learn the languages and have a tough time, sometimes. My grand mother thought anyone who spoke two or more languages were ignorant--and she taught school in Ct. Not sure she ever realized it takes a bit of intelligence to be multilingual.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
I have a Brazilian friend who is a personal trainer with almost no body fat. She is perhaps the fittest person I know, plus one of the prettiest and sweetest. But she's a lot younger than I and now has a serious boyfriend. So she's not available to either of us. If I can find TWO, then I may have one for you, my friend. :)

Brazil has the most beautiful women in the world. Thank God for sunglasses!! The first time I went there I was sure I was going to come back completely black and blue from all the hits by the wife or divorced but because of sunglasses I was saved!

Went to the beach one time and was dreading, it knowing Brazil is famous for their skimpy bikinis. Again sunglasses saved the day. I did try to take pictures but could only take ones of scenery cause the wife would delete any ones with women in them (much to the dismay of my make friends at work).

Word of caution for dating and marring Brazilian women..............they are extremely jealous because Brazilian men have a wondering eye (This FROM a Brazilian female friend). Too many times to count getting blamed for looking a other women (even when I wasn't! Which was more the case) but you will never find a more loving caring person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom