Richard Levy Emerging on Interior of Line | The Boneyard

Richard Levy Emerging on Interior of Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like this kid.. A LOT..

The Emergence of Richard Levy – This is UConn Country

I think he's gonna blow up playing inside, which sounds like more of a natural fit for him.. If it does, we might very well challenge for a conference title.. we all know OL has been a week point for us, BUT, pretty much everybody's back Unit seems way more cohesive now...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This would be a very nice development.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Shhh, don't tell Whaler.

Don't tell me a player might play better at an easier position? I wasn't aware of that - but now I know that secret.

Or am I not supposed to mock where Diaco is credited with being spot on in his evaluations and then in the next paragraph is quoted as saying 'he's been a good player for us'.

Because if he was you'd def move him from tackle to guard. That would make a lot of sense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't tell me a player might play better at an easier position? I wasn't aware of that - but now I know that secret.

Or am I not supposed to mock where Diaco is credited with being spot on in his evaluations and then in the next paragraph is quoted as saying 'he's been a good player for us'.

Because if he was you'd def move him from tackle to guard. That would make a lot of sense.

OK ... I'll bite .....

So you'd rather hear Diaco say exactly what "publicly" about Levy and moving him from tackle to guard?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
OK ... I'll bite .....

So you'd rather hear Diaco say exactly what "publicly" about Levy and moving him from tackle to guard?

I wasn't commenting on what Diaco said - I was commenting on Malloy saying his commentary is always spot on in front of a comment that everyone knows is false.

I know that coaches say things all the time they know aren't true for all kinds of reasons. I wouldn't have read the post had someone not gone out of their way to call me out in the the thread.

Reaction Score
I wasn't commenting on what Diaco said - I was commenting on Malloy saying his commentary is always spot on in front of a comment that everyone knows is false.

I know that coaches say things all the time they know aren't true for all kinds of reasons. I wouldn't have read the post had someone not gone out of their way to call me out in the the thread.

OK ... my bad ... I interpreted your post poorly ... I should have known better ... carry on ... nothing to see here ...

I hope a move inside will rejuvenate Levy!

Reaction Score

My, my such thin skin. Can't wait to read your comment, should Levy be drafted.

Reaction Score
Hope this works out. But I'm still scared to death having a RS Frosh at LT.

I'm really hoping this is a case of "the new guy is that much better", more than "the incumbent is just that bad". Levy improved from 14-15, but he still wasn't very good at LT, despite having pretty good size and agility.

Reaction Score
He seems like a nice guy and all spring we've been hearing him giving advice, tips and hints to Peart. He wasn't great at LT, but I'm sure there's been worse. So I'm wishing him the best of luck. And maybe this is the move that solidifies our line and gets us that national championship this year.

Side Note: This was my 1000 comment and saved it just for UConn Football :)

Reaction Score
All I care is if they have been hitting sleds in the spring, and how hard they're going to hit them come end of July. Because we couldn't move anybody last year, and I'm tired of coming off a football season where we couldn't move anybody off the LOS. If moving Levy inside and sticking a second year player on the edge at LT makes ti so that we can move the defense off the LOS - so be it. Hit the sleds.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
All I care is if they have been hitting sleds in the spring, and how hard they're going to hit them come end of July. Because we couldn't move anybody last year, and I'm tired of coming off a football season where we couldn't move anybody off the LOS. If moving Levy inside and sticking a second year player on the edge at LT makes ti so that we can move the defense off the LOS - so be it. Hit the sleds.

Last year's team actually showed some push. Push with the caveat that all five linemen knew their assignments and got their helmet squared up on a defender. I believe this year is as much about knowing assignments and getting to their assigned hole as much as it is about physical strength. I think the strength deficiency has been remedied.

Reaction Score
Last year's team actually showed some push. Push with the caveat that all five linemen knew their assignments and got their helmet squared up on a defender. I believe this year is as much about knowing assignments and getting to their assigned hole as much as it is about physical strength. I think the strength deficiency has been remedied.

We'll see. Im hopeful, but its got to start clicking on that OL sooner or later if this program going to get back over the hump and start kicking ass again regularly against anyone and everybody. No time like the present to get started.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We'll see. Im hopeful, but its got to start clicking on that OL sooner or later if this program going to get back over the hump and start kicking ass again regularly against anyone and everybody. No time like the present to get started.

I'm fully with you on the "we'll see. I'm hopeful...".

If nothing else there is reason for optimism and hope? We've seen positive changes in player body composition and have seen a team that isn't gassed in the fourth quarter. Also, the younger players have shown mobility.

Reaction Score

Except Samra, that guy was eaten alive almost every down he was playing and it almost resulted in injuries to Newsome and RonJon it was that bad.

Reaction Score
If Levy became Hurd at RG it would be huge for the offense. Being able to get yards on a regular basis running behind him and Knappe would help balance the offence and keep defenses honest. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom