Richard Lagow | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Richard Lagow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You really think Boyle will be better than Lagow? There is no real way to tell now i know. I gotta figure that being a starting QB for Plano and playing in Texas against the best in the state has got to translate here better than CT football would. eh, we'll see

I posted that I really think Boyle was the more important get. It is critical for UConn's long term success to get the best Connecticut players. Lagow may be the better player. But recruiting him was not some huge coup. Getting Boyle was far more important.

Reaction Score
I posted that I really think Boyle was the more important get. It is critical for UConn's long term success to get the best Connecticut players. Lagow may be the better player. But recruiting him was not some huge coup. Getting Boyle was far more important.

Can we please stop saying that we "got" Boyle. The kid was not committed to UCONN and only came here after a change at HC for BC. Lagow on the other hand was as someone pointed out "ten toes in" until he of course got cold feet for unknown reasons. Might be the additional QB from Ga?

Reaction Score
Suffice to say, barring unforeseen disaster, the qb position has been restocked with vastly improved talent. Hopefully the days of Dan O. & a tuna sandwich as options are in the rear view mirror.

Reaction Score
He's got a Ford Raptor. IMO, they are worthless unless you are jumping sand dunes in the Mojave desert. The things are able to tow as much as my fiance's Nissan Altima.

Regardless, chick magnet? Not that a stud QB needs any help...

Reaction Score
Suffice to say, barring unforeseen disaster, the qb position has been restocked with vastly improved talent. Hopefully the days of Dan O. & a tuna sandwich as options are in the rear view mirror.

Dont insult the tuna sandwich.

Reaction Score
So how many times are you willing to waste a scholly to get the "best" player from Connecticut? Since now we've done it twice. If this is about marketing, I guess that's fine and can be looked at as a cost of doing business. If it is about winning football games, the goal is to get the "best players" regardless of what their home zip codes are. Did it make any difference that Donald Brown came from New Jersey when he broke off a 65 yarder? Did it matter that Hamilton was from Pennsylvania, Okafor Texas and Kemba from New York when they led us to national basketball championships? Or that Rebecca Lobo was from Massachusetts, from the Suffield jog no less, when she brought the first NCAA basketball title to UConn? Of course not. And you realize that 2004 had only 1 Connecticut guy on the roster, and he was a walkon who never played. What mattered is that each of those players was really really talented. Talent matters. Zip codes don't.

Reaction Score
He's got a Ford Raptor. IMO, they are worthless unless you are jumping sand dunes in the Mojave desert. The things are able to tow as much as my fiance's Nissan Altima.
The kid is from Texas. they drive big trucks. Its the way it is. I remember seeing Jake Voskul's truck. same deal.

Reaction Score
Can we please stop saying that we "got" Boyle. The kid was not committed to UCONN and only came here after a change at HC for BC. Lagow on the other hand was as someone pointed out "ten toes in" until he of course got cold feet for unknown reasons. Might be the additional QB from Ga?

Kids change all the time for all kinds of reason, we got Boyle.

Reaction Score
The kid is from Texas. they drive big trucks. Its the way it is. I remember seeing Jake Voskul's truck. same deal.

Uh, a Raptor is barely a 1/2 ton pickup. Hardly considered a "big truck."

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I am excited to have this kid arriving. I felt from the beginning that he would give us an added dimension we had been missing-size. After we signed Boyle, I still was hoping he would come. Although having two very good tall QB's might be a luxury for some teams we have had horrendous luck at the QB position and could use a cushion. Even after Kivon was signed, I still was hopeful he would come. Texas QB's are special and have a great track record. This kid seems to really have a tremendous attitude to go along with his skill set. While we have certainly discussed ad nauseum who should start at qb for the last few years, this is the first year I really feel we have some viable alternatives should the returning starter not play well. I also enjoy rooting for the home state kids and feel great when star players want to play for UCONN, but some of my favorite players have been from other states and I really don't feel that having the in-state kids is all important. I don't know which of these kids will be better, but I'm happy all three are here and we hopefully we will be able to utilize their talents to elevate our program.

Reaction Score
Srqhusky,
I share your feelings on Taylor. I know exactly what you mean. I didn't see him pass much in any films either. He looks like he's about 150 pounds soaking wet. If they said he was a small forward project I'd say sure, long, athletic but needs to put on weight and muscle. Yet something about the way he handled himself, at least in the few film clips I saw has a real special feeling. In all liklihood he'll be a career backup, or at least you'd think that. But I don't know...if in 3 years he's an All-American I wouldn't be surprised either.

APA

Reaction Score
Did Lagow have any other D-1 offers?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Rivals indicated North Texas, WVU, and W. Kentucky. IIRC he committed to UConn fairly early and eschewed many subsequent offers. Justwinbaby probably has more info...

Reaction Score
Srqhusky,
I share your feelings on Taylor. I know exactly what you mean. I didn't see him pass much in any films either. He looks like he's about 150 pounds soaking wet. If they said he was a small forward project I'd say sure, long, athletic but needs to put on weight and muscle. Yet something about the way he handled himself, at least in the few film clips I saw has a real special feeling. In all liklihood he'll be a career backup, or at least you'd think that. But I don't know...if in 3 years he's an All-American I wouldn't be surprised either.

Something in his style that shows me.
I dont want to leave him now.
You know I believe and how.

APA

Reaction Score
Rivals indicated North Texas, WVU, and W. Kentucky. IIRC he committed to UConn fairly early and eschewed many subsequent offers. Justwinbaby probably has more info...
No, Rivals indicates some interest from those schools, but not any other offers. Seems strange.

Reaction Score
No, Rivals indicates some interest from those schools, but not any other offers. Seems strange.
We have gone over this a million times on this board, but since you seem to be knew it will be restated. These sites are wildly innacurate with much of their information. Typically the top ~250 are pretty well covered but any information about lower recruits is very scattershot. Don't count Rivals/Scout/247 as teh bible.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
As I said. Once he gave his verbal, I believe he pretty much cut off contact with other institutions of higher learning...until NLID, when he appeared to open it back up.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Not that small

2013-ford-raptor-Wallpaper-HD.jpg

Reaction Score
You have got to be shytting me about that stupid truck. Its a 1/2 ton pickup truck. The kids in Texas drive big @ss lifted hillbillie trucks w/ stacks, not these 63k dollar show pieces.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I think we should all stfu about a stupid truck. I hope he drives it up here and runs over a couple of u. I hope he puts big truck nuts on the back of it so as he runs over you clowns you also get t bagged.

Reaction Score
You have got to be shytting me about that stupid truck. Its a 1/2 ton pickup truck. The kids in Texas drive big @ss lifted hillbillie trucks w/ stacks, not these 63k dollar show pieces.

He could drive a hamster car as far as I care as long he can drive the team down the field!!

image.jpg

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I recall that after PP signed Kivon, Lagow on twitter was talking about WVU as if they had contacted him. Not clear how far along that got though before he decided to stick with UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom