Rich Elliott on Katie Lou | The Boneyard

Rich Elliott on Katie Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lou is a player and UCONN is lucky to have her............GO LOU!!!!!!!

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Article should have included a mention about Lou's Cal Swish club coach Russ Davis. He might be the best overall coach of young players in So Cal. If you have ever been to some of the AAU "view" events you will almost always see more college coaches watch Cal Swish games than any other club team around. Players are also accountable for defensive schemes and having to know about 10-15 offensive sets. I have seen Davis pull a future McDonald AA out of a game in the first 30 seconds because she didn't know which player she was covering on defense.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Its really simple. Shes got the goodies.

Reaction Score
Great article. I think the biggest adjustments for Samuelson will be mental and physical.

Suddenly she will get bumped and beat up more often on screens and in the post. She will have to learn where she is supposed to be on the court (and when) in this UConn offense. Her shot (accurate and quick with a high release) will be challenged more. She will have to play defense against better players than she saw in high school. She will have to run harder up and down the court and fatigue will become more of a factor. She will need to get stronger to survive and thrive.

She seems to understand this.

"Right now I’m just focusing on trying to get my defense better and get stronger. So that’s my individual goal this summer.’’

I'm really looking forward to her development.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Great article. I think the biggest adjustments for Samuelson will be mental and physical.

Suddenly she will get bumped and beat up more often on screens and in the post. She will have to learn where she is supposed to be on the court (and when) in this UConn offense. Her shot (accurate and quick with a high release) will be challenged more. She will have to play defense against better players than she saw in high school. She will have to run harder up and down the court and fatigue will become more of a factor. She will need to get stronger to survive and thrive.

"Right now I’m just focusing on trying to get my defense better and get stronger. So that’s my individual goal this summer.’’

sound like what KML is going thru right now

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

At the same time, she will not be triple teamed as often! And unlike Stewart her HS games were generally against much stronger competition. I don't see her outside shot being challenged that much - she is like EDD in that her height sets her apart on the wing and she is quite used to squaring up off screens - add in that she may have the quickest release of any woman I have ever seen and I just don't see her getting challenged on her jumpers much. The physicality really comes on the interior, and she like Stewart and Maya before her may retreat to the outside, rather than take that abuse down low. That is the area I suspect she will struggle with, and learn to deal with as she gets coached up at Uconn.
FYI - one of the records she holds at MD is for most foul shots in a season (as well as highest yearly FT percentage) - that is not a player that isn't used to being hit.

Reaction Score
At the same time, she will not be triple teamed as often! And unlike Stewart her HS games were generally against much stronger competition. I don't see her outside shot being challenged that much - she is like EDD in that her height sets her apart on the wing and she is quite used to squaring up off screens - add in that she may have the quickest release of any woman I have ever seen and I just don't see her getting challenged on her jumpers much. The physicality really comes on the interior, and she like Stewart and Maya before her may retreat to the outside, rather than take that abuse down low. That is the area I suspect she will struggle with, and learn to deal with as she gets coached up at Uconn.
FYI - one of the records she holds at MD is for most foul shots in a season (as well as highest yearly FT percentage) - that is not a player that isn't used to being hit.

UcM: thoughtful and interesting as always.

Reaction Score
CIxIn5DUAAAiqi8.jpg

insert your own joke

Reaction Score
It leaves spiritual, I guess

j66: well, for most of us you make a great point. MEYERS, maybe not so much...:confused: (He knows I love him; that's why this is so much fun for me. BUt he also knows to his great despair, that hotel rooms and all that stuff are O U T!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom