Rhett Lashelee- Auburns offense 2015 and 2016 | The Boneyard

Rhett Lashelee- Auburns offense 2015 and 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wasn't this before he took over play-calling duties though?

Reaction Score
With Gus Malzan as his mentor can we assume this is the type of offense we will see?
Can't wait to see what Rhett rolls out next season!

Why Malzahn's System Works

The first couple of times I ever coached against him, I thought it was going to be one of these fast-paced, dink-and-dunk offenses.

Now, he had Cam Newton, and that was a problem in itself. But even the next year when the talent dropped off some and they couldn’t run the quarterback, you started to figure out what he is. He’s a hard-nosed, physical running-game guy and then throws play-action.

He’s not what most people look at and say, ‘Spread.'

There are so many different spreads, and [Malzahn] is not a horizontal throwing game, zone-read guy. He runs the power and the counter power. Seventy-five percent of his running game is a two-back running game, and then he throws the ball vertically off play-action.

You’ve got the option, the element of power, and then you’ve got the pace and the tempo. That’s what I think really makes it hard to get ready for in college football today.

Reaction Score
He took over play calling after the 3rd game. They ripped off 6 straight wins and were rolling until QB Sean White got hurt. They also lost RB Kamryn Pettway as well.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
He took over play calling after the 3rd game. They ripped off 6 straight wins and were rolling until QB Sean White got hurt. They also lost RB Kamryn Pettway as well.

Yeah, Auburn fans were b****ing about their team when I went on their board, but I thought they were pretty darn good this year. Spoiled!

Reaction Score

Here's more footage from after Lashlee took over the play calling this year. Looks like there is more (and quicker) pre-snap motion, and more power running with enough attacking on the perimeter to keep the defense honest. The other big change was in personnel, with Pettway stepping in as the starting tailback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom