Revenge of the (G5) Nerds | The Boneyard

Revenge of the (G5) Nerds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hypothetically, if all the fans of the G5 schools (and even FCS schools) stopped watching P5 and ND games and instead made a point of tuning in G5 and FCS games only (even if they didn't actually watch them) might such sustained action cause the P5 and the networks to consider arrangements that at least provided additional revenues to the non-P5 programs?

I'm considering boycotting P5 games as long as we are on the outside looking in. A pathetically insignificant response to the impending kick, I know. At least it will make me feel better. But I can't help but wonder what the effect would be if millions of others did the same.

Reaction Score
So organize a boycott? Malloy is the right governor for that.

Reaction Score
Hypothetically, if all the fans of the G5 schools (and even FCS schools) stopped watching P5 and ND games and instead made a point of tuning in G5 and FCS games only (even if they didn't actually watch them) might such sustained action cause the P5 and the networks to consider arrangements that at least provided additional revenues to the non-P5 programs?

I'm considering boycotting P5 games as long as we are on the outside looking in. A pathetically insignificant response to the impending kick, I know. At least it will make me feel better. But I can't help but wonder what the effect would be if millions of others did the same.
It is not a question of boycotting or not watching. It is a matter of lobbying cable providers to stop forcing conference networks onto cable subscribers who want to watch sports, but not pay for conference networks that keep other P5 qualified schools on the outside.

Reaction Score
Malloy looked stunned after I came across him at a farmer's market, shook his hand, and told him to get us into the Big Ten. He was smiles when it came to discussing UConn joining.

My conclusion is that the Big Ten is run by some very pompous mofos.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Malloy looked stunned after I came across him at a farmer's market, shook his hand, and told him to get us into the Big Ten. He was smiles when it came to discussing UConn joining.

My conclusion is that all college sports is run by some very pompous mofos.

FIFY

Reaction Score
It is not a question of boycotting or not watching. It is a matter of lobbying cable providers to stop forcing conference networks onto cable subscribers who want to watch sports, but not pay for conference networks that keep other P5 qualified schools on the outside.

Understood but, again hypothetically, if a large scale boycott of P5 and ND in favor of G5 and FCS programming could be organized, especially during CCG and playoff time, would that not be reflected in Nielsen ratings and couldn't that eventually have a significant impact on P5 and network revenues? Just seems like there must be something that those of us with sore nuts can do in protest. Giving up watching the P5 will not be hard for me at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom