Results of Texas score prediction competition | The Boneyard

Results of Texas score prediction competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Terrific come-back from the big misses last game. Terrific job tonight
YARDER GAME BALLS: Exact margin called by HUSKYNUT and by ANON. Very rare thus far this year. And a bunch of prescient predictors were only one off: KAIZEN outstanding yet again...ROCK outstanding yet again....MRMO also only one off.....and same with HUSSY. BRONX and RAYVIN, both often in the hunt, were just a couple points off the margin. And others VERY close.....a phenomenal comeback by the group.

And EEB as a rookie, was not far off the mark. Again, if I've missed any hot pick or have made other errors, pls inform me. As for HUSKYBALLS for players/coaches , again I will have to pass. Still have not seen the game but did not want to delay this any more. So, off the a Manhattan and the game tape.....and, oh yeah, since all the suspense is out of it for me and our night here is ruined, I'm going witha margin of 18 and a 72-54 prediction.....and on my very first try, no less. :rolleyes: (First try, because i have NO clue how you folks can possible do this!)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Gee, I wish I could remember what I predicted! This one I felt ... as opposed to the one you bullied me into!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Again, I used Massey predication (77-58) but added 10 points, 87-68.
I have to say Massey is really good.
BTW Massey has UConn 76 ND 66.
Massey Ratings - University of Connecticut Huskies

As of now Massey has us beating everybody. If that happens, and I think chances are slim, can you imagine the caterwauling ... really serious high pitched keening! Shaughnessy will turn it into a second career. There will be calls for a Congressional investigation. There will be a Congressional investigation' because that is how they avoid real work in our interest. There will be a 20% surcharge on UConn tickets to pay for a WCBB Coaches Training Institute to assure at least mediocrity in coaching. Nike will be prohibited from supply the Huskies; CD will rapidly fill the breach with a line of sportswear and sneakers which sweeps the women's sports world.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
As of now Massey has us beating everybody. If that happens, and I think chances are slim, can you imagine the caterwauling ... really serious high pitched keening! Shaughnessy will turn it into a second career. There will be calls for a Congressional investigation. There will be a Congressional investigation' because that is how they avoid real work in our interest. There will be a 20% surcharge on UConn tickets to pay for a WCBB Coaches Training Institute to assure at least mediocrity in coaching. Nike will be prohibited from supply the Huskies; CD will rapidly fill the breach with a line of sportswear and sneakers which sweeps the women's sports world.

Not too many folks in WCBB had UConn at 7-0 after their first 7 games before the season began. As the season tipped, Baylor was the elephant in the room. MOST fans, pundits and coaches had Baylor beating the Huskies with their size and experience. There was no possible way UConn could forge a win against BIG bad Baylor. Then the impossible happened. UConn beat Baylor by 11.
After wins against LSU, Dayton & Chattanooga, # 15 DePaul was up next.

Some had UConn getting its first loss of the season, because DePaul put up 108 points in regulation against Syracuse 4 nights before. No problem, right? Well, they quickly found out there's a BIG difference between the two programs. No one warned DePaul that they were about to run into a UConn "buzz saw" by the name of Kia Nurse. Kia was in a zone that night. Just about everything she put up, went in. Scoring a new career high 33 points in only 27 minutes. So much for being forewarned.

And then there was Texas. Losers of 3 of their first 5 games this year. Not the start head coach Karen Aston envisioned at the beginning of the year. The Longhorns put up a valiant fight, but finally succumbed, and lost by 18. This is not suppose to happen. :eek: UConn rolls on.

With each Husky victory, people's perceptions across the country about this year Husky team are quickly changing. There is no way this young Husky team should still be undefeated THIS late into the season, yet they are. The acid test comes Wednesday in South Bend. Deja Vu all over again. UConn has seen this movie before. In December of 2014, Morgan Tuck scored a career-high 25 points and Kiah Stokes added 18 rebounds to help No. 3 UConn beat second-ranked (and undefeated) Notre Dame 76-58 in the Jimmy V Classic in South Bend.

Fast forward>>>>> Both teams enter the game undefeated. One of them will leave the arena with its first loss. The Irish's blow out rout over Valparaiso was the worst kind of game they could have had before their biggest regular season game this year. They needed a game that challenged them, a precursor for UConn, not an easy blow out of a cup cake. This game did not prepare them for what they will see Wednesday. Valpo didn't put up any resistance today. The Irish were up 26-0 in the 1st quarter before the seats were warm. If UConn is victorious, they will not only end ND's current win streak, but leave the arena with the #1 ranking the Irish have embraced and enjoyed since the first top 25 poll of the preseason was released. There's also that matter of "unfinished business" the Irish want to put some closure on. :)

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
While I absolutely agree that the cakewalk vs Valpo does nothing for ND in term of prep,ND is a completely different class of team than anything UConn has faced this year, especially at ND.
No, Notre Dame is not a "completely different class of team" than Baylor, and I think that the Irish will have a tough game against FSU, and might lose to them.

They are a different kind of team than Baylor or Texas -- not as big or as strong but with better guard play. You might almost say that they are a mirror image of UConn, with Napheesa as our version of Turner.

I think UConn will win with better defense. I don't think that the Irish defense is at the same level as Baylor's, or UConn's.

Reaction Score
Gee, I wish I could remember what I predicted! This one I felt ... as opposed to the one you bullied me into!

ROCK: here's a first: Bullied?? A POST-game WIMP BALL for you.. Must feel mighty special to be the first in league history to chalk up both pre and post game WBs..

Reaction Score
I think it was fixed.:p

SONNY: a hearty chuckle here on that one, and a post-game HUMOR BALL I continue to salivate almost every time I look at that sandwich of yours.

Reaction Score

ROCK: terrific stuff. Almost tempted to withdraw that Wimp Ball......but, naaahhhh.....what claim to fame would you have?

Reaction Score
Not too many folks in WCBB had UConn at 7-0 after their first 7 games before the season began. As the season tipped, Baylor was the elephant in the room. MOST fans, pundits and coaches had Baylor beating the Huskies with their size and experience. There was no possible way UConn could forge a win against BIG bad Baylor. Then the impossible happened. UConn beat Baylor by 11.
After wins against LSU, Dayton & Chattanooga, # 15 DePaul was up next.

Some had UConn getting its first loss of the season, because DePaul put up 108 points in regulation against Syracuse 4 nights before. No problem, right? Well, they quickly found out there's a BIG difference between the two programs. No one warned DePaul that they were about to run into a UConn "buzz saw" by the name of Kia Nurse. Kia was in a zone that night. Just about everything she put up, went in. Scoring a new career high 33 points in only 27 minutes. So much for being forewarned.

And then there was Texas. Losers of 3 of their first 5 games this year. Not the start head coach Karen Aston envisioned at the beginning of the year. The Longhorns put up a valiant fight, but finally succumbed, and lost by 18. This is not suppose to happen. :eek: UConn rolls on.

With each Husky victory, people's perceptions across the country about this year Husky team are quickly changing. There is no way this young Husky team should still be undefeated THIS late into the season, yet they are. The acid test comes Wednesday in South Bend. Deja Vu all over again. UConn has seen this movie before. In December of 2014, Morgan Tuck scored a career-high 25 points and Kiah Stokes added 18 rebounds to help No. 3 UConn beat second-ranked (and undefeated) Notre Dame 76-58 in the Jimmy V Classic in South Bend.

Fast forward>>>>> Both teams enter the game undefeated. One of them will leave the arena with its first loss. The Irish's blow out rout over Valparaiso was the worst kind of game they could have had before their biggest regular season game this year. They needed a game that challenged them, a precursor for UConn, not an easy blow out of a cup cake. This game did not prepare them for what they will see Wednesday. Valpo didn't put up any resistance today. The Irish were up 26-0 in the 1st quarter before the seats were warm. If UConn is victorious, they will not only end ND's current win streak, but leave the arena with the #1 ranking the Irish have embraced and enjoyed since the first top 25 poll of the preseason was released. There's also that matter of "unfinished business" the Irish want to put some closure on. :)

CARN: you really write some interesting pieces. And, the flavor I get from this fine one is that you are gearing up for a well-
thought out ND prediction.........?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
ROCK: here's a first: Bullied?? A POST-game WIMP BALL for you.. Must feel mighty special to be the first in league history to chalk up both pre and post game WBs..

LMAO ...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
CARN: you really write some interesting pieces. And, the flavor I get from this fine one is that you are gearing up for a well-
thought out ND prediction....?

Yes, A huge win. Huge in importance, small in margin of victory. As always, Geno will have them ready to play. Carnac sez: UConn 72 ND 64.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
On the Texas game, I had 75-60. I may not have won, but I think I was pretty close to 72-58. I got lucky for a change.

Reaction Score
Well, however it turns out Wednesday, it's still very early in the season, and UConn has three under-the-radar resources which will only get better for March/April: Natalie, Crystal, and Molly. As UConn continues to shine (even if it loses a game or two) in the back of everyone's mind, they'll be thinking: "uh-oh, and this was supposed to be the year that we have to catch them, before they reload again." The pressure's on everyone else, and UConn is playing with house money.

As Gene Hackman said in The Replacements: and that makes you a very dangerous team!

Reaction Score
On the Texas game, I had 75-60. I may not have won, but I think I was pretty close to 72-58. I got lucky for a change.

MIL: correct. Both you and SUE were just three off. But there were so many who were right on the money, or one or two off in either direction, that I ran out of Yarder Game Balls. Your skills are being sharpened for sure and victory might well be near.

Reaction Score
Well, however it turns out Wednesday, it's still very early in the season, and UConn has three under-the-radar resources which will only get better for March/April: Natalie, Crystal, and Molly. As UConn continues to shine (even if it loses a game or two) in the back of everyone's mind, they'll be thinking: "uh-oh, and this was supposed to be the year that we have to catch them, before they reload again." The pressure's on everyone else, and UConn is playing with house money.

As Gene Hackman said in The Replacements: and that makes you a very dangerous team!

BAGS: yet another nice piece...interesting point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom