Research | The Boneyard

Research

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hello, Husky Fans!

The Experimental Anthropology Lab and The Center for the Ecological Study of Perception and Action are conducting a study with fans of UConn’s basketball teams!
If you are a fan who regularly watches games of the basketball teams and/or follows the news, you are eligible to participate in our study!
We are interested in your behavior during the time you attend the home games at Gampel Pavillion (Storrs-CT), or during the time you watch the away games on TV in our lab.
We will measure your physiological responses using noninvasive technology, and will ask you to fill in some short questionnaires about your experience as a fan.

As a reward for your participation, you will enter a raffle for 20 prizes of $400 that can help you buy your next season ticket!

More importantly, sports fans are the driving force behind sporting events. Scientific research can help us understand and improve fans’ experience. We are researchers (and fans ourselves!) motivated by our research interests and our love of sports, and we have no financial or other commitment to any particular team or any for-profit organization. We simply want to understand the experience of fanship!

Click the link below to read more about this project and to answer our recruitment questionnaire: http://tinyurl.com/h5d9qab

This research was approved by UConn’s Institutional Review Board, which reviews all research involving human subjects to guarantee their ethical treatment.

We would like your support!
The Research team

Reaction Score
Amidah Brimah brings the ball up the court on the fast break!!!!

co_alexeyesopen.jpg

Reaction Score
Is beer allowed in the lab
You can bring your beer, however following our research protocol and as stated in the consent form, if you present visible signs of intoxication, you might be removed from the study.

Reaction Score
I think you just eliminated 2/3rds of the fan base.

For me the might be removed is the key part. I wonder what the tipping point is? Someone is going to need to sign up to find out what may or may not get you kicked out.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Hello, Husky Fans!

The Experimental Anthropology Lab and The Center for the Ecological Study of Perception and Action are conducting a study with fans of UConn’s basketball teams!
If you are a fan who regularly watches games of the basketball teams and/or follows the news, you are eligible to participate in our study!
We are interested in your behavior during the time you attend the home games at Gampel Pavillion (Storrs-CT), or during the time you watch the away games on TV in our lab.
We will measure your physiological responses using noninvasive technology, and will ask you to fill in some short questionnaires about your experience as a fan.

As a reward for your participation, you will enter a raffle for 20 prizes of $400 that can help you buy your next season ticket!

More importantly, sports fans are the driving force behind sporting events. Scientific research can help us understand and improve fans’ experience. We are researchers (and fans ourselves!) motivated by our research interests and our love of sports, and we have no financial or other commitment to any particular team or any for-profit organization. We simply want to understand the experience of fanship!

Click the link below to read more about this project and to answer our recruitment questionnaire: http://tinyurl.com/h5d9qab

This research was approved by UConn’s Institutional Review Board, which reviews all research involving human subjects to guarantee their ethical treatment.

We would like your support!
The Research team
I get the fact that you will be observing the TV watchers in your lab.

But I think you neglected to include the information regarding the tickets you will be providing, so that you can observe behaviors during the home games.

Can you expand on that a little for us?

Thank you

Reaction Score
Would have been great to have someone hooked up last night Gabriela, the fans I am sure were all at our finest. There wold have been smoke in the lab!

Reaction Score
I get the fact that you will be observing the TV watchers in your lab.

But I think you neglected to include the information regarding the tickets you will be providing, so that you can observe behaviors during the home games.

Can you expand on that a little for us?

Thank you

Thanks for your question!
We have two different situations:
1) the lab where fans watch the away from Storrs games, and
2) the Attendance where fans that are already going to the games participate.
In the case of attendance as a fan the participant will have the ticket.
This is a condition to participate that helps to guarantee that you are a fan.
Everyone participating in our study you will enter our raffle.
Please, if you have any more doubts feel free to ask!

Reaction Score
Would have been great to have someone hooked up last night Gabriela, the fans I am sure were all at our finest. There wold have been smoke in the lab!

I am sure that we got something in the yesterday's data collection! :)
It was definitely a hard game!
You and every fan of this team is invited to help us understand fan behavior.
If you have any doubts or concerns let us know.

Reaction Score
For me the might be removed is the key part. I wonder what the tipping point is? Someone is going to need to sign up to find out what may or may not get you kicked out.

Do not worry about that!
We have a protocol for identifying a participant that is not in the conditions to participate.
It was revised with criteria and ethics by the IRB which is the board the reviews research in the university.
It is not subjective at all.
If you are concerned about that let me know.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Thanks for your question!
We have two different situations:
1) the lab where fans watch the away from Storrs games, and
2) the Attendance where fans that are already going to the games participate.
In the case of attendance as a fan the participant will have the ticket.
This is a condition to participate that helps to guarantee that you are a fan.
Everyone participating in our study you will enter our raffle.
Please, if you have any more doubts feel free to ask!

(possibly untrollable, this one!)

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
For the lab study, there will be pizza!
So this is not a reason for not participating. ;)

Gabriela, "pizza" is rather broad. Are we talking Dominoes? Or the real deal? You might want to check out Boneyard's finest thread: "OT: Best Pizza"

Reaction Score
We are still in need of participants! Mainly real fans!
If you can participate, please answer our recruitment questionnaire and we will get in touch to confirm soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom