Reports of UConn Players game performance in the NBA | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Reports of UConn Players game performance in the NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kemba's shot is money tonight, but the lack of assists is alarming considering how much he handles the ball. Granted, he doesn't have the best offensive talent around him, but you would figure he would be able to luck into an assist just by accident considering he's the dominant ballhandler when he's not playing with Sessions. I think he only had 1 or 2 the other night against the Raptors as well. The flipside is he's been shooting very well as of late.

Reaction Score
pretty impressive comeback for the Bobcats, were down 20, started chipping away at the lead towards the end of the 3rd quarter, then Al Jefferson took over in the 4th after being swallowed up by the Pistons length for the 1st 3 quarters, then Kemba came back in to finish strong. always nice to see him outplay Brandon Jennings.

Reaction Score
Kemba's shot is money tonight, but the lack of assists is alarming considering how much he handles the ball. Granted, he doesn't have the best offensive talent around him, but you would figure he would be able to luck into an assist just by accident considering he's the dominant ballhandler when he's not playing with Sessions. I think he only had 1 or 2 the other night against the Raptors as well. The flipside is he's been shooting very well as of late.

He's a two guard in a point guards body. As a passer he's serviceable, but he doesn't have the best passing instincts - that's why I think his ultimate destiny will be as a sixth man (the Jason Terry type). When his shot is on, like it has been the last couple nights, he's pretty much unstoppable as a scorer. His quickness is just a killer for opposing defenses and nobody can contain him in the pick and roll when they don't have the luxury of going under and daring him to shoot. I don't know if he's ever going to be a great player, but you when you watch games like tonight, you wonder how imposing he could be down the line if he really makes that jump shot automatic. He'll probably never be in the same category as the elite guards in the league, but he has the capabilities to single-handedly swing a playoff series, which is not something a lot of guys can say.

Reaction Score
Kemba with some gaudy scoring numbers of late. How is the guy supposed to get assists though? He and pretty much everyone else in that rotation are 1on1 type players.

Reaction Score
Other action tonight:

Ray - 18 points, one of his best games in a while

Rudy - 14, 6, and 6 (7-13)

Kemba - 34 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals (12-17, one of the best games he's played as a pro imo)

BG chipped in 10 points off the Bobcats bench in 14 minutes

AD - 15 points, 14 rebounds, 5 blocks

Reaction Score
aceboon said:

I only saw the first half today and was watching Kemba's passing since he was coming off a one-assist game. He could have easily had 8-10 assistsbin the first half, and instead had zero. Tolliver and Zeller missed wide open looks, AJ couldn't finish despite deep, deep post feeds, Henderson had his shot blocked by Jorts in transition, etc. Just unlucky, mostly.

Reaction Score
Isn't the bobcats offense rendered so the bigs pick up a ton of assists? Less playmaking from the pg slot ?Mcbob picked up a ton ; their coach likes letting bigs make decisions @ the high post.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
James said:
Isn't the bobcats offense rendered so the bigs pick up a ton of assists? Less playmaking from the pg slot ?Mcbob picked up a ton ; their coach likes letting bigs make decisions @ the high post.

Yeah - although only McRoberts is a passing big. Kemba's assists are down by one a game largely because Mullens used to be the guy who got that pass at the top of the key on a high screen and roll and he'd bomb away. Now McRoberts gets it and looks to pass first.

Reaction Score
Tonight hurt. Kemba had another good shooting day (20 on 9-16) but missed a layup down one with 10 seconds left -might have been a reach in foul uncalled that threw him off - and Jefferson blew the easiest bunny you could ask for on the putback (although he had just rolled his ankle and maybe didn't get enough lift). Bobs miss a chance at 4 wins in a row and a .500 record by losing at home to Utah.

Charlotte crowd was packed and loud to unveil new Hornets logo for next year. Missed opportunity.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I never got the whole appeal of the Charlotte Hornets thing. I remember when I first moved to CT I was seeing people in Hornets merchandise wherever I went and couldn't quite figure out why. When I look back at the Charlotte Hornets, I remember some decent players, but nobody really sensational. Was Mugsy Bogues that big of a draw?

Reaction Score
joober jones said:
I never got the whole appeal of the Charlotte Hornets thing. I remember when I first moved to CT I was seeing people in Hornets merchandise wherever I went and couldn't quite figure out why. When I look back at the Charlotte Hornets, I remember some decent players, but nobody really sensational. Was Mugsy Bogues that big of a draw?

I think it was mostly just that they introduced teal as a uniform color and it caught on - became a little trendy. They had the pumped in hive noise that gave them a little brand identity, and the Mourning-Larry Johnson teams were pretty good - compared to how bad the Bobcats have been, they have fond memories of the old brand.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Golden State is up by 24 with 3 minutes left. Let Hilton play!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Caron back from knee injury...22 pts, 11 rebs, 4 asst in a win against the 76ers

Reaction Score
Rough day for Lamb - not so much boxscore wise, but missed opportunity-wise. He had a great chance to play a key role in a close game - Sefolosha had five fouls in the third and Jackson was way off (1-11). But they pulled him down the stretch for Perry Jones because he gave up a couple buckets to John Salmons. Thunder went on to lose at home to Toronto in one of those WTF? Games that come along once in a while. Won't derail his career or anything, but it was once of those times when a window of opportunity opened wide and you hate to see those slip away.

Reaction Score
Walker drops 25 pts- 9 reb- 10 dimes in an OT win verse the lowly Bucks. Kemba has been playing at a very very high level this December. Caron had 11-4-3 and a steal...The pistons absolutely manhandled the cavs @ home , drummond goes for 14 and 11, while holding Bynum to a sad 0-11 from the field.

Reaction Score
Walker drops 25 pts- 9 reb- 10 dimes in an OT win verse the lowly Bucks. Kemba has been playing at a very very high level this December. Caron had 11-4-3 and a steal...The pistons absolutely manhandled the cavs @ home , drummond goes for 14 and 11, while holding Bynum to a sad 0-11 from the field.

Ray had 19 and a sick reverse dunk. Looked like the Ray of old on that one.

Reaction Score
Can't forget about Jesus. Especially on a day like today. Anyway , this isn't an alum... But bron destroyed milsapp christ...
ledestroyer.gif

Reaction Score
champs99and04 said:
Kemba this month: 23 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 50/40/80

He's gone from potentially being benched to possible all-star in a month (he needs to keep playing well and for Charlotte to stay in the top six or so to make it, I think). I was worried his injury problems led to a couple bad games and that was spiraling into a crisis of confidence, but looks like any mental struggles he was having went away as soon as he started feeling right again. I frankly didn't think he could shoot 50 percent at the NBA level for an extended time - thought 45 was a good full season's target with 48 being probably his best one-month split. Happy to have underestimated him a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom