Remember this ? | The Boneyard

Remember this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
He tweeted something absurd at Darnay Holmes earlier this year. Its a shame people can't find anything better to do with their lives than this

Reaction Score
"Two, who &$* cares about Boston College recruiting?" Line of the article.

This is the same guy that Twitter-argued with me over the full course of a day that the 2011 UConn-Butler game was "half full" and had a crowd "smaller than high school football games" despite my repeated screenshots from the CBS feed on Youtube obviously disproving him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"Two, who &$* cares about Boston College recruiting?" Line of the article.

This is the same guy that Twitter-argued with me over the full course of a day that the 2011 UConn-Butler game was "half full" and had a crowd "smaller than high school football games" despite my repeated screenshots from the CBS feed on Youtube obviously disproving him.

I think I remember you mentioning that back when he was talking up Houston and Cincy. Unreal.

Well, now you know what a troll you were dealing with.

Reaction Score
Remarkably, he bears a striking resemblance to the jalapeno bacon mac & cheese kid.

It used to be you had to pick the right time to have "the talk" with your kids.

What is too soon to have a talk about social media (assuming you're not raising closet racists, in which case, you need to send them to classes to learn how to do it).

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Watch an episode or two of "The internet ruined my life." The web is a scary place, even fairly benign social media sites.

That said, this kid is a world class . Tough to give a crap about him.

Reaction Score
He tweeted something absurd at Darnay Holmes earlier this year. Its a shame people can't find anything better to do with their lives than this

Imagine describing this plan to someone - "I don't want these football recruits to go to Texas, so I'm going to create a few fake twitter accounts, then I'm going them to tweet pro-UT, racist things at them..."

Even if the guy wrote it out, waited a day and then re-read it, he'd (hopefully) realize what a staggeringly dumb idea this was. Instead, he went ahead and did it, did basically nothing to cover his tracks and got caught. Now he has to deal with the consequences.

Reaction Score
I think I remember you mentioning that back when he was talking up Houston and Cincy. Unreal.

Well, now you know what a troll you were dealing with.
Even in arguing with him over Twitter something seemed legitimately off, he was denying things that were being visually and irrefutably proven to him. Wouldn't be totally surprised if the guy behind the account(s) is a complete fraud all around and whoever is in the picture isn't actually Daniel Figurelli, a la Manti's girlfriend.

Reaction Score
Watch an episode or two of "The internet ruined my life." The web is a scary place, even fairly benign social media sites.

That said, this kid is a world class . Tough to give a crap about him.
You're absolutely right, people have had their lives ruined over really inconsequential things. Look at the Ole Miss kid the other night - loses millions of dollars in contract money he had worked to achieve because of a stupid weed video. Sure, he shouldn't have taken the video but if that's the worst thing he's ever done in his life, he ain't that bad. Doesn't deserve to lose millions of dollars over it.

But you're also right, this kid brought this entirely upon himself, no sympathy.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
From the linked thread:

tejasrulz, on 25 Apr 2016 - 9:12 PM, said:

Back to Danny boy, on Shaggy they're stating that his PWC job offer letter has been revoked.

Also some saying that any hope of working for the Big 4 in HTown is done.
CL82: Wow, it's actually tough to see someone blow up their lives like this. I'd feel bad for the guy, if he wasn't so vile.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Good things happen to good people. Bad things happen to bad people. The way this guy has conducted himself in the past few years, he's deserved the rainstorm of he's gotten. He's young (at least the guy in the photos looks young) so hopefully this will be his bottom and he can put his life back together. He probably should take a LONG break from social media altogether - real and fake profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom