Regan Magarity...Va. Tech [and UConn!] | The Boneyard

Regan Magarity...Va. Tech [and UConn!]

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
There is a thread elsewhere about the great start by Va. Tech ....something like 15-1 so far.

A bit of looking back on one of their key players....Regan Magarity.
I checked a couple of games ago and she was near a double/double average...
around 13/9 a game. She is around 6'3"....a redshirt soph.

UConn connection: she is from Sweden and early in her high school years she was 'all in' on coming to the states and playing at UConn. UConn did have interest....not sure but I think Shea Ralph went to see her play during one of our
pre-season tours over there. I don't know whether Geno ever offered her.

The name 'Magarity' is one that hardcore women's fans will surely recognize.
Regan is the niece of Dave Magarity..current coach of the women's team at
West Point. Her cousin Maureen Magarity....Dave's daughter ....is the coach of the women's team at New Hampshire. Her husband...also on that staff...Brendan....is a local...played at Windsor Locks High and at Marist where he met Maureen. Maureen played at BC...then transferred to Marist.

I actually saw Maureen play in the NYS tourney in Glens Falls for Lady of Lourdes...a traditional power in NY. BTW: we have seen Julie Vianni
commentating on several women's games lately....she and her sisters also
played at Lourdes.

UNH...keep it going! In their best start in years New Hampshire is 14-3.
10-3 in non-conference play....one loss at Kentucky. 4-0 in conference play so far. It would be great to see them in The Dance. BTW: they have two transfers from Marist playing this year after sitting out last year. The Marist coach is Brian DeGeorgis [sp?]....who just happened to coach Maureen at Lourdes back in the day. Nice connection there for UNH!

UNH coming to UHart [also off to a good start] might be a game worth taking in down the road. Speaking to you, DC.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Va. Tech is currently 16-1. Regan is averaging 13.8 points and 10.1 rebounds. She's shooting .548 overall, .405 from the arc, and .673 from the FT line. I'm pretty sure she could have helped us this season, given our lack of size and depth.

hokiesports.com :: Women's Basketball :: Regan Magarity

15A2294ok.jpg

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great stuff as always Blake! I would have liked to have seen Regan at UCONN, but not sure if there was enough interest on both sides. I am so glad she's doing well and being a successful player on a successful team!

Reaction Score
Va. Tech is currently 16-1. Regan is averaging 13.8 points and 10.1 rebounds. She's shooting .548 overall, .405 from the arc, and .673 from the FT line. I'm pretty sure she could have helped us this season, given our lack of size and depth.

hokiesports.com :: Women's Basketball :: Regan Magarity

15A2294ok.jpg

She definitely could have. She plays taller then her actual size and is very versatile. She's very impressive and has a nice touch on her 3pt shot. She's a big part of VT successful season.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
BTW: UNH knocked off Maine last night....15-3.....5-0 in the conference.
Winner of regular season gets automatic WNIT bid if they stumble in the
conference tourney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom