Red Sox Panic Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Red Sox Panic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tito is sitting Crawford in the biggest game of the year. I heard McCarver yesterday say how the Sox have done everything possible to get CC going. I beg to differ CC hit 2nd for Tampa with his speed thats where he was most productive. So far this season he has hit 2nd for 23 ab's. Why would you pay him that enormous contract to take his sb's chances away from him batting 6th-8th? By playing LF field in Fenway he loses defensive value from other larger parks. This signing was a disaster for both Theo and the usage has been poor by Tito. CC has 4 hits in the past two games. How do you sit him today for Conor jackson? Really, Conor jackson? Thats a slap in the face.

Reaction Score
Tito is sitting Crawford in the biggest game of the year. I heard McCarver yesterday say how the Sox have done everything possible to get CC going. I beg to differ CC hit 2nd for Tampa with his speed thats where he was most productive. So far this season he has hit 2nd for 23 ab's. Why would you pay him that enormous contract to take his sb's chances away from him batting 6th-8th? By playing LF field in Fenway he loses defensive value from other larger parks. This signing was a disaster for both Theo and the usage has been poor by Tito. CC has 4 hits in the past two games. How do you sit him today for Conor jackson? Really, Conor jackson? Thats a slap in the face.

Are you serious? Crawford is 0-9 career wise against Price. He is also hitting .195 against lefties this year having struck out 26% of his ABs against them. Blaming Francona for where CC bats in the lineup when the guy has been pretty brutal all year long is just crazy. I am sure they would have been happy to move him up but he has never shown any consistency to warrant such a move.

Reaction Score
He was one of the best players in baseball batting second for about 7 years. Thats where I would have batted him from day 1.

Should you have sat AGon today as well he's 8-57 for.143 vs. Tampa. Oritiz is only slightly better. In the biggest game of the year I would play my best players not guys off the waiver wire.

And how does Tito bunt all over the place in game 3. Thats not really the sox game is it? Not his finest moment.

Reaction Score
He was one of the best players in baseball batting second for about 7 years. Thats where I would have batted him from day 1.

Should you have sat AGon today as well he's 8-57 for.143 vs. Tampa. Oritiz is only slightly better. In the biggest game of the year I would play my best players not guys off the waiver wire.

And how does Tito bunt all over the place in game 3. Thats not really the sox game is it? Not his finest moment.

One major difference that would appear to be obvious to most. AGon and Ortiz have performed all year long and are two of the more productive hitters in the AL. CC? Not so much. Tito has two WS titles. How many does Maddon have?

Reaction Score
One major difference that would appear to be obvious to most. AGon and Ortiz have performed all year long and are two of the more productive hitters in the AL. CC? Not so much. Tito has two WS titles. How many does Maddon have?

The Guy Tito put in LF misplyed an out into a double. Defend it all you want the move didn't work out.

Reaction Score
MWAHAHAHAHAHA
You do realize you will always be the Boston Red Sux in my mind? Though I'd actually rather face you than the Rays right now. They're streaking, and I don't mean like a nudist.

Reaction Score
The Guy Tito put in LF misplyed an out into a double. Defend it all you want the move didn't work out.

Yeah that cost them the game yesterday. LOL. Methinks you've been on the moon over the last five months. Crawford has been horrible. He's a class guy, he tries hard, but he has been awful. You have fond memories of Crawford. I can understand why as he was a very solid player with TB. Not this year. Maybe he will return to form but criticizing Francona for sitting a guy that hits a buck ninety five against lefties is just goofy.

Reaction Score

Just for the record Maddon owns Tito. 12-6 this year, 11-7 in 2010, 9-9 in 2009, 10-8 in 2008, 4-3 in ALCS.

Reaction Score
uh, not against lefties / against tampa they're not.

Reaction Score
Really? I must have missed both of those- did they take place in Japan?
i think he is referring to the number of games between tampa and boston. though to be fair, it is now only 1 in the loss column.

Reaction Score
uh, not against lefties / against tampa they're not.

Uh, Ortiz is hitting .337 against lefties this year while AGon is hitting .316. Crawford is hitting .195 against lefties. Dude, you can do better than that.

Reaction Score
Just for the record Maddon owns Tito. 12-6 this year, 11-7 in 2010, 9-9 in 2009, 10-8 in 2008, 4-3 in ALCS.

And Tito is 11-4 against Girardi this year. Big deal. Like I said, Francona has two WS titles. How about Maddon?

Reaction Score
I wonder if Ivan Nova and Jesus Montero got their gloves autographed by Matt Moore and Jose Lobaton.................................:D

Reaction Score
Uh, Ortiz is hitting .337 against lefties this year while AGon is hitting .316. Crawford is hitting .195 against lefties. Dude, you can do better than that.
ortiz' OPS against tampa is .548. gonzalez OPS against lefties is .780 and against tampa its .572.

crawford's OPS against lefties is .579 and against Tampa is .541. there's way more to baseball than batting average. if you're asking Ortiz and Gonzalez to hit singles for you, great.

based on those numbers you're really telling me that Ortiz and Gonzalez are so much better that they can't be taken out of the lineup, but taking crawford out is a no-brainer ? don't think so

Reaction Score
Crawford had no pressure all year long and got a free pass cuz the Sox were doing well. What's interesting and telltale about that is the best explanation for Crawford's miserable season is the pressure!? I refuse to believe that batting 2nd would be a panacea, once he steps to the plate he could be hitting 10th and he'd still suck. Swings at awful pitches, takes awful swings, he is just in a funk of suckitude.

The Sox are awful right now and Crawford has got to be in his pants. If they fail to make the playoffs he is unquestionable the #1 scapegoat - deserved or not.

#2 is Theo Epstein (rather than charging Lackey, Dice-K, JD Drew & Youklis at 3B throw a blanket over that mess and it was all in Theo's plans/signings) and if they fail to make the postseason odds are that either Theo or Carl or both will not be in Boston in 2012.

Reaction Score
ortiz' OPS against tampa is .548. gonzalez OPS against lefties is .780 and against tampa its .572.

crawford's OPS against lefties is .579 and against Tampa is .541. there's way more to baseball than batting average. if you're asking Ortiz and Gonzalez to hit singles for you, great.

based on those numbers you're really telling me that Ortiz and Gonzalez are so much better that they can't be taken out of the lineup, but taking crawford out is a no-brainer ? don't think so

You're right, there is much more to baseball than batting average. Ortiz is 3rd in the AL with an OPS of .973. AGon is 4th at .967. Crawford is somewhere ten miles behind with a hideous OPS of .693. Are you still serious?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Panic is almost over if Tampa Bay can't beat a Yankee team with a makeshift lineup and 2nd tier starting pitcher. Sox have to win tonight though, can't keep the Rays alive.

Reaction Score
A win tonight would effectively put it out of reach for Tampa Bay. It'd still be possible, but it would be a really really slim chance.

Reaction Score
Master gave Zobby a sock....Zobby is FREE!!!

You Sox fans are loving the Yanks right now, aren't ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom