Red & Larry on how to shoot a jumper | The Boneyard

Red & Larry on how to shoot a jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ah nostalgia! I remember the Russell days, and my favorite player- John Havlicek! I watched with my dad and listened avidly to games on the radio. I remember seeing Cousy, but I was a kid. Then the Bird show. I feel fortunate to have rooted for teams coached by two legendary coaches- Rec and Geno.

Reaction Score
https://video-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v...=0131dba082582abba8bda3a2900385ea&oe=57C5B24F

Not that hard being coach when your player is Larry Bird, huh? especially when Larry pushes off on every shot...
Can't pull up that site.
Larry Bird was a top level player along with Magic (MJ)---he made me a disliker when his team beat Sidney Moncrief and JR Reed and Arkansas for the NC. For a couple of years UArk had a one two punch in Football and Basketball. His pro career ( and I'm not much of a Pro BB Fan) made we a watcher--at least while Russell was color commentary.

Reaction Score
Ah nostalgia! I remember the Russell days, and my favorite player- John Havlicek! I watched with my dad and listened avidly to games on the radio. I remember seeing Cousy, but I was a kid. Then the Bird show. I feel fortunate to have rooted for teams coached by two legendary coaches- Rec and Geno.

When one has had the privilege of listening to good to great people calling games on the radio--it makes one wonder --what's wrong with the bubble heads on TV??

Reaction Score
W
Fun to watch that but when it comes to teaching shooting I have found the great Herb Magee to be the best around......watch this video to the end (1.41) and you'll see what proper technique can do for anybody's shot

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Want to give a shout out to Dennis Johnson (RIP) who makes an appearance in the video. I modeled my game after Sonics & Suns version of Dennis Johnson-big, do everything, defend all day. Could quite bring myself to root for him once he became a Celtic, luckily by then I had Andrew Toney.

Reaction Score
Want to give a shout out to Dennis Johnson (RIP) who makes an appearance in the video. I modeled my game after Sonics & Suns version of Dennis Johnson-big, do everything, defend all day. Could quite bring myself to root for him once he became a Celtic, luckily by then I had Andrew Toney.

Took me a minute to think which Johnson he was until you said Celtics---there are 10,000 other pro-s you could have patterned your game to --but absolutely none better--under rated, under hyped--but a guy --as you say, gave 140 percent every second he was on the court---and pardon me, but I liked THOSE Celtics. I think it was because it was an Irish team coached by an Irishman and a team made up of ONLY Irish--as you well know..didn't they wear green???? (Much like ND Football).

Reaction Score
When the Celtics got Johnson, Red said: we've finally got someone who could guard Magic. Despite the difference in size, it was pretty much true. And Johnson was a very credible offensive threat as well, but, wow, could he stick 'em on D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom