Red Bulls selling Matt Miazga to EPL Club | The Boneyard

Red Bulls selling Matt Miazga to EPL Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And it's Chelsea... Hope enjoys going out on loan until they sell him for a profit.

Good for Matt and hiopefully good for US Soccer; but, Chelsea, son of a B....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...deal-sign-New-York-Red-Bulls-Matt-Miazga.html

I was hoping for Arsenal, since they can use defensive help especially as the back line seems to liek Red Card a little too much, if it was a top level team as the Red Bulls and Arsenal have worked together before or good secodn teir team like Everton/Southhampton where he can get some playing time.

Reaction Score
Spurs are down a defender the next 3-4 weeks (or more) with Vertongen's injury this week. No clue if they'd sign him, but they need depth on the back line (and Klinsman is a former Spur star).

Reaction Score
Spurs are down a defender the next 3-4 weeks (or more) with Vertongen's injury this week. No clue if they'd sign him, but they need depth on the back line (and Klinsman is a former Spur star).

I read that after the USMNT camp is over that he will spend the rest of the season with Chelsea before deciding on where to loan him out. Chelsea only has like 28 players on loan lol.

Miazga had a huge breakthrough year last season. He went from being a backup to a full timer right from the start of the season. I saw him in the season opener when they played KC and he basically already looked like a Top 10 center back in the league.

This is how MLS needs to progress. Get the big clubs in the big leagues to buy young players that are Top 10ish in the league and make money. Over time the league will become less likely to want to sign retreads like Ashley Cole and Van Damme.

Reaction Score
I read that after the USMNT camp is over that he will spend the rest of the season with Chelsea before deciding on where to loan him out. Chelsea only has like 28 players on loan lol.

Miazga had a huge breakthrough year last season. He went from being a backup to a full timer right from the start of the season. I saw him in the season opener when they played KC and he basically already looked like a Top 10 center back in the league.

This is how MLS needs to progress. Get the big clubs in the big leagues to buy young players that are Top 10ish in the league and make money. Over time the league will become less likely to want to sign retreads like Ashley Cole and Van Damme.

Are MLS teams still keeping 100% of the transfer fees or are they finally distributing the fees downstream to help the youth/smaller clubs continue to find and develop players like most European leagues to? I am one of those who firmly believe that the US 'pay to play' model is a major reason why the US can't develop more top-tier players.

Reaction Score
Are MLS teams still keeping 100% of the transfer fees or are they finally distributing the fees downstream to help the youth/smaller clubs continue to find and develop players like most European leagues to? I am one of those who firmly believe that the US 'pay to play' model is a major reason why the US can't develop more top-tier players.

I think the league gets 30% and the club gets the rest. Miazga was a Red Bull Academy product so I don't think they will run into the difficulties that they had with Yedlin's old Academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom