Recruit Target McCoy Gets New Coach | The Boneyard

Recruit Target McCoy Gets New Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
UConn recruiting target Tori McCoy will now be coached by Jay Price, according to the High School of Saint Thomas More (Champaign, Illinois). Price spent several years as an assistant to Bruce Weber, who left Illinois for Kansas State a couple of years ago. STM's previous coach was let go after some issues arose with his personal finances (and I have no clue about specifics). McCoy's dad told the local press that Tori would continue at STM. I would have been pretty surprised had it been otherwise. Price, who maintains close ties to the UI, said he is glad he can continue in his full-time job locally and not have to leave the community, etc. Does the change mean that Illinois will have a little more opportunity to recruit McCoy? Maybe. As to whether or not that will make any difference in the end remains to be seen, of course. It probably does mean that Geno has some of the customary coach-to-coach "introducing" to do. It's not a big story, but the HS is about 6 miles from me, and I thought maybe someone on BY might be interested.

Reaction Score
We're always interested in potential recruits.

If Tori doesn't come to Storrs, I'd love to see her stay at home and play for Matt Bollant.

Reaction Score
When I first read the thread title, I thought the recruit's name was Target McCoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom