Recee' Caldwell (2014) to visit next weekend? | The Boneyard

Recee' Caldwell (2014) to visit next weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to the following blog, She's Ballin, Recee' Caldwell (#7 from 2014: 5'8" PG-TX) is scheduled to visit UConn next weekend.

Recee' Caldwell to visit?

Recee' Caldwell recently visited Texas. She is scheduled to visit UConn next weekend

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Now that is darn interesting...thanks for the tip. A kid coming on an unofficial visit from Texas [her own dime] shows serious interest on her part. I think Moriah made 2 such visits....at least one. MJ [not the olde retired guy-side MJ]...but our very own MJ....is our first player from Texas which has serious high school talent. Who is next up????

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Now that is darn interesting...thanks for the tip. A kid coming on an unofficial visit from Texas [her own dime] shows serious interest on her part. I think Moriah made 2 such visits....at least one. MJ [not the olde retired guy-side MJ]...but our very own MJ....is our first player from Texas which has serious high school talent. Who is next up????
Caldwell and Turner. Bring em on!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I consider unofficial visits to be a very (really) positive sign. If memory serves me correctly, among those who visited unofficially were Maya Moore, Erica McCall, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis (from a game in Springfield), Moriah Jefferson, Courtney Ekmark and Bria Hartley (often). And Brianna Turner?

Additions or corrections welcomed.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I think landing Moriah Jefferson was huge in that it could pay dividends down the road. She played AAU ball on the same team as Turner. Not sure about Caldwell, but I think its interesting she is coming on an unofficial.

I think 2014 could be another dynamic class for UCONN.

Reaction Score
Caldwell and Turner. Bring em on!
If Caldwell is visiting next weekend that would be confirmation of her intentions months ago! Turner has visited
already and is hoping to be here for the Baylor game1 Per ASGR #3 Turner 6'3" and #4 Caldwell 5'8". Getting kids out of TX<yes Mo is here incredible get:p > is scary:eek: Having them very interested is exciting to potential of a very special class!
Ira

Reaction Score
Kid is known to be a BIG time shooter. One of the espn reviews compares her shooting stroke to KML.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Just idle musings here:

If we are lucky enough to nab Caldwell she would be an entering frosh with:

guards;
senior Brianna Banks
junior Moriah Jefferson
soph Saniya Chong
fellow frosh Courtney Ekmark

That is not counting KML who can do some serious guard things [so can Breanna for that matter.]

Frankly that sounds like a deep and talented guard corps....with nice age balance.

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, this is a highlight reel of Caldwell from her freshman year of high school. It's old but it can give you an idea of what her game is like.

Excuse the language of the background track. Don't say I didn't warn you! :p

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Holy cow.

That girl requires little time and zero space to get a shot off.

I'm trying to imagine 2 more years of (hopefully there was significant competition) development in that offensive mind- and skillset...

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Here's another video, from the 10-year-old stage.

Pretty unbelievable.

Catch the behind-the-back dribbles during the first-step drill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom