Reasons why the higher ups are paralyzed? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Reasons why the higher ups are paralyzed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UConn is going to have trouble attracting assistants again after this debacle. By leaving Pasqualoni in charge, Warde is ruining the assistants' careers. It will be hard for any coach to recover from being part of an 0-12 season where they were blown out by Buffalo.

In any situation where a manager is failing completely, the first thing you need to do is remove the manager. That applies to UConn and IBM and the local Taco Bell. Everyone who has sat through an intro management class knows that.

Reaction Score
This is really a big lift for whoever takes on the interim job. I don't think if WM walked into the room and said I just fired PP who wants the job? that people would be jumping out of their seats. Weist would be my choice but he may want more that interim status.

Don't be ridiculous. If someone comes into a room and says who wants a promotion, more money and the chance to be a FBS head coach the line to say yes would be very long. Every position coach on every team sees a head coach in the mirror. Even as interim head coach, it is the fulfillment of a life long dream for virtually every one of them.

Reaction Score
“You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” --Abraham Lincoln

Reaction Score
Statement by UCONN President Susan Herbst on Football Transition:

“A decision has been made and it’s now time to move on to a stronger future that starts today. What cannot be lost here is how incredibly proud we are of our student-athletes. They are outstanding young men in the midst of a very tough season. Being a Division I athlete and a student is an enormous challenge, and we know how hard they are working and how deeply they care about succeeding for their university.

“What this team needs now as much as anything is the support of Husky fans everywhere. As we saw at our last home game, the amazing energy and highly-charged spirit of our fans breathes life into this team and that must continue and be repeated again and again. There is no substitute. Support from fans lifts players up and keeps a team going. It is essential to competing and achieving the levels of excellence we demand at UConn.”

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
Statement by UCONN President Susan Herbst on Football Transition:

“A decision has been made and it’s now time to move on to a stronger future that starts today. What cannot be lost here is how incredibly proud we are of our student-athletes. They are outstanding young men in the midst of a very tough season. Being a Division I athlete and a student is an enormous challenge, and we know how hard they are working and how deeply they care about succeeding for their university.

“What this team needs now as much as anything is the support of Husky fans everywhere. As we saw at our last home game, the amazing energy and highly-charged spirit of our fans breathes life into this team and that must continue and be repeated again and again. There is no substitute. Support from fans lifts players up and keeps a team going. It is essential to competing and achieving the levels of excellence we demand at UConn.”

I thought she didn't care about football.....

It's great to feel alive today!

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
Wait, wait, you mean people on the internet were wrong about something??? I'm so shocked!

duty_calls.png

Reaction Score
schadjoe 11:38am via Web
No BCS AQ coach in the BCS Era (since 1998) has been fired fewer games into a season than Paul Pasqualoni (4) and Lane Kiffin (5).

By waiting till today - UConn is getting more attention than if they did it yesterday and shared the day w/ Kiffin news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom