Reality Check | The Boneyard

Reality Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Those who think that folks like KC Keeler that said they weren't interested in coming to UConn from Delaware are off their rocker.

Let's take a look - 1-AA school that is going nowhere or Big East school who has access to the top bowl games (interview in 2011) in college football. Hmm - if KC Keeler said he wasnt interested and I was AD at Delaware I would say thanks and then fire him for not having a pulse or passion about the sport he coaches.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know I'm argumentative but even I try to make sure someone is actually arguing the other side.

You do know you can reply to topics right?

Reaction Score
Yeah, but he can stay at Delaware and when he retires, they'll name the stadium after him.
Thats what Edsall missed out on!

Reaction Score
I know I'm argumentative but even I try to make sure someone is actually arguing the other side.

You do know you can reply to topics right?

There were people that actually said that UConn wasn't attractive enough for a coach like Keeler. Plus we don't have game today and someone needs a witch to hunt.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There were people that actually said that UConn wasn't attractive enough for a coach like Keeler. Plus we don't have game today and someone needs a witch to hunt.

Well some things are so stupid they shouldn't even be argued against I guess.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Have we really sunk so low that we are debating whether KC Fecunditying Keeler would have come here two years ago or not? Yeesh. Can we all set our sights a little higher the next go round?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Have we really sunk so low that we are debating whether KC Fecunditying Keeler would have come here two years ago or not? Yeesh. Can we all set our sights a little higher the next go round?
If we are willing to look around we will be able to find someone (it may even be a name that none of us knows at the moment).

About a half dozen years ago somebody (perhaps Bellotti) realized that the OC at a 1-AA school 3,000 miles away (Chip Kelly) would be a great addition to Oregon's staff. A few years later someone (perhaps the same person or people) realized that in order to keep this bright young mind they would need to promote him to head coach (as he would assuredly receive a head coaching offer belong long from somewhere).

There is someone out there (hell, there could be a few) who would take this job and would succeed. Believing that we cannot find anyone because there may be one or two who would say no to us is assinine.

Reaction Score

Mike,

The argument isn't over Keeler. We're discussing the claim that UConn can't attract a top shelf up and comer and how that claim lacks veracity.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Roger that Zoo, thanks for clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom