Realistically Patient and Enjoying. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Realistically Patient and Enjoying.

Reaction Score
My expectations for this year are at the lowest level they have ever been and I have been a fan a long time. My patience is also at zero. Next year had better be a great year or I want a coaching change. No more excuses.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Props to the OP on being patient, but I don't find anything enjoyable about UConn having 4 division 1 wins in January. 4. It's flat out sad
Just to be clear. I didn't clarify. I enjoy watching the freshman play and develop. I don't enjoy watching our guys lose. However I understand why. We won championships. I speak of myself, I take the good with the bad.

Reaction Score
Eh... they won the NC with frosh Brimah, Nolan and Olander.
Despite their limitations offensively, all 3 of these guys were good defensively. Enoch fouls at an extremely alarming rate and often seems lost on defense. Durham is far too thin to be our 5 for an extended period of time. And who knows what to expect from Carlton. Getting a viable 5 man from the grad transfer market has got to be high up on Ollie's offseason wish list.

Reaction Score
Despite their limitations offensively, all 3 of these guys were good defensively. Enoch fouls at an extremely alarming rate and often seems lost on defense. Durham is far too thin to be our 5 for an extended period of time. And who knows what to expect from Carlton. Getting a viable 5 man from the grad transfer market has got to be high up on Ollie's offseason wish list.

Absolutely, we need a viable big man to come in and help but... Nolan was the whipping boy for 4 years. He was excoriated. Olander hardly saw playing time as a senior. And, well, Brimah is still on the team. So, at the very least, Brimah is a wash in this comparison.

Reaction Score
UConn is really bad this season, but we likely would only have 3 or 4 losses with a healthy team. I have nothing but patience with Ollie this season, but the 2017-18 season is definitely a put up or shut up year. The loss to Tulsa leaves us at 33-23 in AAC play. That is awful. I don't see anyway Adams isn't back next season. We are likely going to get Hamidou Diallo. With Purvis graduating and our young guys getting so much experience this season and another year wiser the team should be more effective top to bottom. If Ollie can't put it together next year assuming everybody returns, I'm not sure if he ever can again.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Settle down Beavis.

Immediately thought of:

donkey2.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
My expectations for this year are at the lowest level they have ever been and I have been a fan a long time. My patience is also at zero.

This doesn't make any sense. If your expectations are at the lowest level they've ever been, then your patience is axiomatically much higher. You expect nothing, so what is there to be impatient about?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This doesn't make any sense. If your expectations are at the lowest level they've ever been, then your patience is axiomatically much higher. You expect nothing, so what is there to be impatient about?

I think he's just in a real pissy mood.

Reaction Score
I am surprised at myself that I am not throwing a pillow at the TV and screaming profanity like years before. Well 3 top notch freshman out for the year, 3 freshman thrown to the wolves. Some of these freshman probably played in front of a screaming crowd of 500. The cheerleaders probably the loudest. Now, in Arenas of 10-15 thousand. Knowing they are on TV. I read about Basketball IQ. They are only freshman. They may have been the only star of their HS team. They ran the show. Now the show is bigger. Adams is going to be more special than I anticipate. He showed it last year as a FRESHMAN. Now this year is amazing. We as fans don't need to let Vital know what he did. That play is going to stay with him for the next couple of games at least .Ollie needs to get his confidence back.

People that b**ch and complain are true fans. So are the quiet fans. I cannot believe I am saying this. Give the kids a break. Honestly I wrote off this year 3 games ago. But I am extremely excited for next year. If they turn it around somehow this year, so be it.

Just being realistic.
Cant just write off this year - or any year. High school recruits aren't great students of basketball history. Tbey wanna play for a winner. Besides, not sure these young players are gonna be good next year. They are not what UConn has been use to in the past.

Reaction Score
Simple. Ollie. Someone in this thread has already started making excuses for next year by saying we won't have any decent bigs. Sorry but I am calling BS. If we still have that big of a hole next year, it is ALL on Ollie. No more sanctions excuses. No more excuses, PERIOD! If we have any holes next year it will be because Ollie and his staff either brought in bad recruits or they didn't develop the recruits they got or both. If this team doesn't win the regular season in this crappy conference and finish in the top 25, he needs to go. One more year to prove he can do it with his players. That is it.

H

huskymagic

How the OP is enjoying anything out of the freshman only he can illuminate us on the matter. I said it before, 2017-2018 is judgement day on Ollie and UCONN athletics and what conference our future lies. With hopefully Jalen, Alterique, Makai, Larrier, Vital, Jackson, Polley, Enoch, Mamadou, Carlton, Durham we should easily win the American conference regular season(hasn't been done yet however) That would be 5 Top 50 players, 8 Top 100 players. The problem is 4 out of the 11 are coming or trying to come back from major injuries.

P.S. HAMI COMMIT BRING HAMMER TIME BACK TO STORRS!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Eh... they won the NC with frosh Brimah, Nolan and Olander.
Probably not a fair comment. You only see a player of Tyler Olander's quality once in a generation. You may not be aware of this, but he had twice the number of national championships in four years that Jim Beoheim has had in 39 years.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
How have I not ignored you up until now? If you're right that they win no more games, I'll live with not reading your crowing about it. A good way to end the year.
Obviously you need to up your game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Simple. Ollie. Someone in this thread has already started making excuses for next year by saying we won't have any decent bigs. Sorry but I am calling BS. If we still have that big of a hole next year, it is ALL on Ollie. No more sanctions excuses. No more excuses, PERIOD! If we have any holes next year it will be because Ollie and his staff either brought in bad recruits or they didn't develop the recruits they got or both. If this team doesn't win the regular season in this crappy conference and finish in the top 25, he needs to go. One more year to prove he can do it with his players. That is it.
I just hope he never lowers his game to your level.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Isn't there a middle ground. Do I accept that this hobbled team won't fulfill my preseason expectations? Of course, they dashed those hopes against Wagner, before the injuries.

Do I expect a team with even this level of talent and experience to be able to make a freaking FT once in awhile? Yes. Do I expect players who previously hit some key outside shots to maybe, on occasion, make another one? Yes. Do I expect players who've shown an ability to slice through higher level competition to make layups to make them against crappy teams? Yes. Do I expect guys who are over 6'9" to not miss most of their dunk attempts? Yes.

Let's not pretend that this team is playing anywhere close to even its new, diminished potential. It is falling far, far, short of that. That's what has me irritated and concerned. People keep misunderstanding it as if we think they should be the #16 or whatever preseason team. That's gone. But the eight guys they have are still better than any other eight guys on most of the teams they play, and the sure aren't playing like it.

Reaction Score
How the OP is enjoying anything out of the freshman only he can illuminate us on the matter. I said it before, 2017-2018 is judgement day on Ollie and UCONN athletics and what conference our future lies. With hopefully Jalen, Alterique, Makai, Larrier, Vital, Jackson, Polley, Enoch, Mamadou, Carlton, Durham we should easily win the American conference regular season(hasn't been done yet however) That would be 5 Top 50 players, 8 Top 100 players. The problem is 4 out of the 11 are coming or trying to come back from major injuries.

P.S. HAMI COMMIT BRING HAMMER TIME BACK TO STORRS!
Should easily? Do you think our bigs will be good and experienced enough for "easily"?

Reaction Score
Should easily? Do you think our bigs will be good and experienced enough for "easily"?

C'mon jibs are you really asking magic? He changes his point of view on everyone game to game, week to week. LOL

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
If you're enjoying this, you're a f------ masochist.

Just turned it off. It's painful. This team is mess, in every way, from top to bottom.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
If you're enjoying this, you're a f------ masochist.

Just turned it off. It's painful. This team is mess, in every way, from top to bottom.
Durham had a good half, Jackson had a good second half. I can live with that.

And Rodney just air-balled another lay-up. I can live with not seeing that anymore, too.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Durham had a good half, Jackson had a good second half. I can live with that.

And Rodney just air-balled another lay-up. I can live with not seeing that anymore, too.

Oh I can live with it. We'll never have watch this bad a UConn team ever again. But this team is just real hard to watch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom