Realistically Patient and Enjoying. | The Boneyard

Realistically Patient and Enjoying.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I am surprised at myself that I am not throwing a pillow at the TV and screaming profanity like years before. Well 3 top notch freshman out for the year, 3 freshman thrown to the wolves. Some of these freshman probably played in front of a screaming crowd of 500. The cheerleaders probably the loudest. Now, in Arenas of 10-15 thousand. Knowing they are on TV. I read about Basketball IQ. They are only freshman. They may have been the only star of their HS team. They ran the show. Now the show is bigger. Adams is going to be more special than I anticipate. He showed it last year as a FRESHMAN. Now this year is amazing. We as fans don't need to let Vital know what he did. That play is going to stay with him for the next couple of games at least .Ollie needs to get his confidence back.

People that b**ch and complain are true fans. So are the quiet fans. I cannot believe I am saying this. Give the kids a break. Honestly I wrote off this year 3 games ago. But I am extremely excited for next year. If they turn it around somehow this year, so be it.

Just being realistic.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I am surprised at myself that I am not throwing a pillow at the TV and screaming profanity like years before. Well 3 top notch freshman out for the year, 3 freshman thrown to the wolves. Some of these freshman probably played in front of a screaming crowd of 500. The cheerleaders probably the loudest. Now, in Arenas of 10-15 thousand. Knowing they are on TV. I read about Basketball IQ. They are only freshman. They may have been the only star of their HS team. They ran the show. Now the show is bigger. Adams is going to be more special than I anticipate. He showed it last year as a FRESHMAN. Now this year is amazing. We as fans don't need to let Vital know what he did. That play is going to stay with him for the next couple of games at least .Ollie needs to get his confidence back.

People that b**ch and complain are true fans. So are the quiet fans. I cannot believe I am saying this. Give the kids a break. Honestly I wrote off this year 3 games ago. But I am extremely excited for next year. If they turn it around somehow this year, so be it.

Just being realistic.
I hope the aliens that took over you body take over a few more of us.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen the game yet but all I'm looking for is incremental improvement in the players that will be with us next year. I also wish the seniors well. No sense being critical of them at this point.

Reaction Score
This year has become all about how well Ollie and his staff can get these players to improve and play to their strengths so that when the AAC Tourney in Hartford arrives they can win it. Ups and downs from here on out but some consistent improvement by everyone will give the fans something to cheer for. Ollie has to convince these players to be hungry and play like they believe in themselves. They can't become resigned to losing. The clock is ticking KO.

Reaction Score
This year has become all about how well Ollie and his staff can get these players to improve and play to their strengths so that when the AAC Tourney in Hartford arrives they can win it. Ups and downs from here on out but some consistent improvement by everyone will give the fans something to cheer for. Ollie has to convince these players to be hungry and play like they believe in themselves. They can't become resigned to losing. The clock is ticking KO.
It is unlikely that they will win another game this season. Ollie has demonstrated that he cannot get anyone to improve. The seniors for the most part have regressed and have been exposed. Jalen is no Shabazz. Not happening.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It is unlikely that they will win another game this season. Ollie has demonstrated that he cannot get anyone to improve. The seniors for the most part have regressed and have been exposed. Jalen is no Shabazz. Not happening.
Happy New Year DB

Reaction Score
Not sure how anyone can be confident about next year. Your big men are Durham, Enoch and a frosh Carlton.

Guard situation could be better yes not sure I see an quantum leap especially with three key players coming off season ending injuries.

pj

Reaction Score
Not sure how anyone can be confident about next year. Your big men are Durham, Enoch and a frosh Carlton.

Guard situation could be better yes not sure I see an quantum leap especially with three key players coming off season ending injuries.

You have those 3 for one spot on the floor. Larrier, Durham, and Polley can fill the 4. Of those 3, someone will step up, or at least you'll get a center by committee that is fresh and has fouls to give.

Reaction Score

People are really this lame aren't they? Shabazz was no Jalen his soph year but I get it, you're not that bright not your fault.

Reaction Score

These are the posts that annoy me nowadays. I can't blame anyone for being negative. I am quite apathetic at the moment, which is worse in my opinion. Critique KO's flaws all you want. He has many of them. Just don't lie and an exaggerate how bad an already sh!!ty season is. Speak the facts - they are bad enough.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

It's unlikely they'll win another game. Got it. Very smart prediction.

Reaction Score

Yup. We need more and better but I'm kinda thinking of Larrier as a big. Wishful i guess.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
How have I not ignored you up until now? If you're right that they win no more games, I'll live with not reading your crowing about it. A good way to end the year.

Reaction Score
Im definitely not with you on the enjoy part, its not enjoyable to watch a team who can't hit a shot to save their lives, I definitely didn't enjoy going to a game where we scored 12 pts in a half.

Reaction Score
I'm a Knicks fan in addition to being a uconn fan, so I'm very well versed in starting the season with high expectations only to have them shattered not long into the season. I was still in shock with our first loss, and sour after our second. Pissed with our injuries. Frustrated at times with Ko. But then I thought, I have felt this way before, but never with uconn. So I came to the conclusion that uconn has been good to me for so long consistently, that I don't even have the right to be pissed in a down year. That is just what this is, a down year. Things will go back to normal, we'll be competitive again, but this year just had to happen. All you can do is hope to get something out of this season and stay hopeful for something better next season.

Reaction Score
Hankster and NVa have it right, what can you do? As fans we've been dealt a year which maybe some didn't believe we could ever get back to. It happens, just never thought it would be this harsh. 5-8? Ouch right.

The kids play hard and they're limited at this point. So much to ask for a team with guys playing minutes which they were never expected to play. As Hankster said I'm not yelling and screaming at the TV (as much) and even this is noticeable to even my wife. Yesterday would have been an awful New Years eve party at my friends if the Huskies had lost one like this in past years but what can we do? It is what it is, look for any positives and move on to the next one. difficult? Hell yeah I hardly even watch other games, not even motivated to watch much college basketball at this point. It will be fine, they need to get healthy bodies to play basketball. I mean reality is we don't even know who will be healthy next year, scary for sure but they will be really good if everyone is healthy.

As someone stated UConn basketball has given me a lot to be happy about especially the past 27 years or so. Have to take it on the chin for one year? I'm really ok with that.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Settle down Beavis.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Hankster and NVa have it right, what can you do? As fans we've been dealt a year which maybe some didn't believe we could ever get back to. It happens, just never thought it would be this harsh. 5-8? Ouch right.

The kids play hard and they're limited at this point. So much to ask for a team with guys playing minutes which they were never expected to play. As Hankster said I'm not yelling and screaming at the TV (as much) and even this is noticeable to even my wife. Yesterday would have been an awful New Years eve party at my friends if the Huskies had lost one like this in past years but what can we do? It is what it is, look for any positives and move on to the next one. difficult? Hell yeah I hardly even watch other games, not even motivated to watch much college basketball at this point. It will be fine, they need to get healthy bodies to play basketball. I mean reality is we don't even know who will be healthy next year, scary for sure but they will be really good if everyone is healthy.

As someone stated UConn basketball has given me a lot to be happy about especially the past 27 years or so. Have to take it on the chin for one year? I'm really ok with that.

Yesterday is a strange one to get annoyed with. Probably the best all around game in a while. Basically the big guys left 6 freebies at the foul line and a young player got faked out on a pass. Coach has flaws, but yesterday was clearly more cohesive for a young and injured team.

Reaction Score
Team has many flaws. Yesterday we just couldn't finish. Adams missed his last 6 shots, Purvis missed his last 4 shots. Seniors miss two front ends of one and one and also two ft. Several bad to's and we make only one basket in OT. Our freshmen are playing like freshmen and our seniors are very inconsistent. Hopefully we start to see improvement as we go thru the season. Then somehow we catch lighting in a bottle and win the AAC tournament which will be held at the XL center.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom