Ray Donovan | The Boneyard

Ray Donovan

Reaction Score
Agreed. Great idea. Interesting to see hat the writers come up with.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It does have potential - so far, I like it.

Voight and Eddie Marsan are great. Shreibman is pretty good - character is bit muddled right now. They're trying way too hard on the conflicted soul angle right now. As the only John from Cincinnati fan on the planet, I'm glad to see Austin Nichols has survived.

And now, because this is the internet, I will list my petty complaints about it...

1) All right..Grandpa just did 20 years for murder on the east coast. He gets out of jail and heads straight west. Ray hates him with a homicidal intensity. But, instantly, daughter-in-law throws open the doors of the home to him and the grandkids are hugging grandpa and begging for a field trip with him. How would that work? He's been in prison for 20 years...I doubt the daughter-in-law would have ever met him and the kids definitely would never have.

2) Elliot Gould. I assume that character has a reason for existing.

3) The product placement. Enough with the MF'ing phones - I'm not sure what cell phone manufacturer is seeding the placement, but enough. Forget that every character has shown their cell phone already, everyone is driving a Mercedes...you cannot get into that car without the bluetooth handsfree kicking on and yet we're all on the cells while driving.

Reaction Score
Very good thus far......only 2 shows right? I think all 3 are great in this show with Liev really good. Marsan doing a phenomenal job as the boxing gym rat, brother with Parkinson's......think he'll go after the Dr soon! "nice guns!"

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The phone placement officially went over the top. It's Samsung and it's so heavy-handed.

I'm liking the show more and more though - oddly, Ray Donovan might be the least interesting character in Ray Donovan.

Reaction Score
It does have potential - so far, I like it.

1) All right..Grandpa just did 20 years for murder on the east coast. He gets out of jail and heads straight west. Ray hates him with a homicidal intensity. But, instantly, daughter-in-law throws open the doors of the home to him and the grandkids are hugging grandpa and begging for a field trip with him. How would that work? He's been in prison for 20 years...I doubt the daughter-in-law would have ever met him and the kids definitely would never have.

He made reference to some letters, so I assume he and the daughter in law have been pen pals or something. Agree it seemed a bit weird / forced, but eh.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The phone placement officially went over the top. It's Samsung and it's so heavy-handed.

It's officially the world's most forced product placement ever.

Reaction Score
Voight is great. The scene of him dancing in the gay night club was hilarious.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm starting to think this show is a huge waste of talent.

Donovan's wife is the most annoying, worst-acted character since, well, any chick from the Walking Dead.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Donovan's wife is the most annoying, worst-acted character since, well, any chick from the Walking Dead.

I am beginning to wonder the same thing. I actually don't mind the wife nearly as much as the youngest brother. Voight and Marsden are doing a very good job, and I like Ray's annoying partner with the whiny voice. The kids are pretty good too. I thought it was pretty funny when the son puked on the watches.

I don't know why they made the guy from Scarface into a Russian or German or whatever he is.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Good point about the younger brother - he has made the odd aesthetic decision to play his character as if he's had a stroke.

Have you noticed that every conversation between Ray and his wife starts off as a sexual advance and then ends when she asks some piercing, nasally question? *

<kiss, kiss>
<snuggle, snuggle>
"What'd ya do, Ray? I know ya did sumthin', Ray."
<Ray stomps out, drinks bourbon from a tumbler.>

Reaction Score
Really stupid episode. They spend the whole episode pretending they are going to kill Voight when everyone knows they are not going to kill Voight. The whole thing made no sense.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am through episode 9. Flawed show, but very good. Episode 9 was excellent.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Really stupid episode. They spend the whole episode pretending they are going to kill Voight when everyone knows they are not going to kill Voight. The whole thing made no sense.

First of all, the use of "Spoiler Alert" is warranted prior to a post like yours. That was pretty uncool, especially since I had thought from the beginning of the show that Voight wouldn't last long. I thought there would be a Ned Stark moment where you say "I can't believe they just killed the only star on the show". I just don't see Voight doing an extended TV show run. This is a surprisingly big name cast for a Showtime show. Usually, Showtime has one or two stars and a bunch of nobodies.

Even with Palatine's spoiler, I thought the last few episodes were excellent. The wife character does have issues. A woman married to a guy like Ray Donovan would have learned long ago not to ask any questions. That was part of the genius of the Sopranos. Carmela was a mob wife, and didn't really apologize for it. Ray Donovan gets paid to protect dirtbags and ruin people's lives. What does the wife think he does? If she is that stupid, then why should we care about her?

Munchie or whatever the youngest brother is called really gets on my nerves. I am strongly rooting for him to be the first character killed off.

Reaction Score

She is awful.......not all that good looking despite Ray's affection but a decent a**........but she's so freaking stupid!! Southie Boston -Whitey Bulger stupid I guess!!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The show barely has direction - if Voight dies, there really is no plot left.

At this point, my favorite part of the show is that John from Cincinnati and Archie "Moonlight" Graham both got paychecks.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The show barely has direction - if Voight dies, there really is no plot left.

At this point, my favorite part of the show is that John from Cincinnati and Archie "Moonlight" Graham both got paychecks.

I completely forgot....Ray's wife was in John from Cincinnati as well.

She's from Ireland which kinda explains her trouble with a Boston accent.

Now, she's my favorite character.

Reaction Score
I completely forgot....Ray's wife was in John from Cincinnati as well.

She's from Ireland which kinda explains her trouble with a Boston accent.

Now, she's my favorite character.

She was Trixie on 'Deadwood' and Maureen Ashby on 'Sons of Anarchy' also

I really like this show, cant wait for the season finale.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Good start to season 2.

Love the Hank Azaria character, and I am about 80% confident that he will not survive this season.

Reaction Score
It's officially the world's most forced product placement ever.

In season two, Mercedes is right there. Every time Ray pulled to a curb, the camera held a long close-up of the car's marque.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
In season two, Mercedes is right there. Every time Ray pulled to a curb, the camera held a long close-up of the car's marque.

Brendan Francis Newnam: And you get to drive a really vicious-looking Mercedes.

Liev Schreiber: I hate that car.

Brendan Francis Newnam: You do?

Liev Schreiber: I really hate that car.

Brendan Francis Newnam: Do you think it’s not the right car pairing for Ray?

Liev Schreiber:
I just think that that’s just a ridiculous little car. It’s too small. I hope Mercedes isn’t listening, because I’m sure somebody made some sort of deal with them to get that car on the show.

Reaction Score
This 2nd season has been SO GOOD. It just keeps getting better and better. Loved last night's episode. Anyone else?

Reaction Score
This 2nd season has been SO GOOD. It just keeps getting better and better. Loved last night's episode. Anyone else?

Yeah the dancing to close was epic…..lol

Reaction Score

Yeah, the second season is so much better than the first, really look forward to the new episodes now. I just wish Ray's wife would get killed, I really hate her character.

Reaction Score
Yeah, the second season is so much better than the first, really look forward to the new episodes now. I just wish Ray's wife would get killed, I really hate her character.

Agree wholeheartedly on Abby…….man she just doesn't have a spot. Not hot, awful Boston accent and just a all over the place as a character………but the rest of the show is off the charts right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom