Raphael Chillious | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Raphael Chillious

Reaction Score
Not trying to stir controversy... don't know enough to do that. But, is the problem really recruiting as much as a lack of basic fundamentals? Is Chillious a teaching guy? He sees to be more about recruiting. Anybody have any real take on him?

Reaction Score
Not trying to stir controversy... don't know enough to do that. But, is the problem really recruiting as much as a lack of basic fundamentals? Is Chillious a teaching guy? He sees to be more about recruiting. Anybody have any real take on him?

I think our offensive sets suck. We can always improve recruiting too.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why would he leave the same job at UDub to come here? He was elevated to the associate head coach job at Washington last year.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If we get great recruits at all the positions and the team still stinks we finally know the APR sanctions were not the problem.

Reaction Score
Yep. The Cruise character in the movies is fine, but it isn't Jack Reacher. The question is who would give the role to? The Rock is right size but lacks the acting ability. Vin Diesel would be okay, he's on the small side though and again just a fair actor.

Dolph Lundgren

Reaction Score
Hopefully some news will come out soon that this guy got hired. Or maybe Gregg popovich

Also but like what word do we have this guy is being considered or whatever besides the poster who said his sources were telling him?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Something needs to be done and if bringing in Chillious would be a start in the right direction considering what has happened over the past seven days or so.

Reaction Score
Welcome back.

Seeing the most recent post was from this guy, I expected to click on the thread and see a confirmation or refutation of the Chillious speculation. Dolph Lundgren. Underwhelming

Reaction Score
Other site has an article up that he's been hired by UConn according to "multiple sources", although UConn hasn't confirmed the hiring...

Reaction Score
Seeing the most recent post was from this guy, I expected to click on the thread and see a confirmation or refutation of the Chillious speculation. Dolph Lundgren. Underwhelming

I don't owe you anything.

Reaction Score

But also consider this confirmation, if you still needed it (which you shouldn't).

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I thought it was an obvious joke about you disappearing from the message board and being someone who has provided excellent information in the past. Not that obvious, I guess.

Probably cause nobodies' in a joking mood today man. For Bruce hahaha:

95b4c78d99baed82097a0ee1d17d3056.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't get Ozzie's middle paragraph. DK was brought in because of his recruiting connections but let's LOL over the notion that he was brought in for recruiting?

Top rated UCONN recruits
Drummond #1-2
Rudy Gay?...

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Top rated UCONN recruits
Drummond #1-2
Rudy Gay?...
I believe Andre, Rudy, Charlie, Donyell and Corny are the only top 10 players we've landed.

Lots of guys in the 10-25 range like KEA, Rip, Caron, Kemba, DHam, DeAndre, etc.

Reaction Score
I'd actually argue against hiring our former players.

First, none of them actually coach at the moment and none of them have experience.

Second, they're wildly wealthy and they're human. If you're worth eight-figures, your motivation to spend a summer in a rented car driving across the country to see recruits is going to wane awfully fast.

What we have is a culture ...

Yeah. That's a cliche. But as much as you hear that is what is special at Gonzaga, it goes tenfold for UConn. Guys who care about the University and the Hoop Legacy. So ... They don't have to be coaches. JC or Blaney don't have to be constants at practice. But their presence and 2cents is meaningful. They all want KO to succeed. Ok sure ... they like having Freeman & Ricky near. But moreover, like us, they want the March wins. Again. Im thrilled KO is in reboot mode. I do think he's been a darn good recruiter ... but needs to grow as a HC. And other programs have fans that are more supportive ... we have become bandwagoneers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom