Rankings: Does Any Team Deserve to go into Top 25? Exit Top 25? | The Boneyard

Rankings: Does Any Team Deserve to go into Top 25? Exit Top 25?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LSU is ranked 17th in RPI with a record of 14-3. Do they deserve to get into the Coaches' Poll or AP? With their win over Ohio State, Michigan State would also seem to be a candidate for ranking.

After NC State's loss to Syracuse, do they deserve to drop out? Others that could be at risk are Oklahoma and West Virginia, given the latter's weak schedule and their loss to Texas Tech.

Doesn't appear that there should be much movement in the rankings at this point, though in the Pac-12, everyone is beating everyone else, except for Oregon State. So some of those West Coast teams could drop down over the next couple of weeks as they continue racking up losses to each other. Ohio State should drop several places, though remain ranked.

If there are no new entrants, it would seem to me that there should be a lot of movement in the non-ranked teams. Tennessee should get zero points this time. USC should likewise not get votes. The minor teams Charlotte and Green Bay don't appear to have done enough to merit any votes either.

Reaction Score
The one prediction I'll make is that South Florida hangs on to its ranking despite the beat down delivered by the Huskies. Of course, I had also predicted that Tennessee would regain their ranking this week after a good showing against Mississippi State. :confused:

Reaction Score
The one prediction I'll make is that South Florida hangs on to its ranking despite the beat down delivered by the Huskies. Of course, I had also predicted that Tennessee would regain their ranking this week after a good showing against Mississippi State. :confused:

No shame at being blown out by UConn!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This weekend has some games that will be telling on rankings, but in general we have gotten to a point where the resumes are pretty set for teams. There aren't a lot of teams that are having serious winning or losing streaks that are any different from what they have already accomplished. TN looks a little better some weeks and then a little worse the following weeks and the same is true for most of the others so a lot of the ranking is already built into the team records. Moving three or four places up or down is about as much as I see happening.

Those three or four places of course has an effect on teams in the twenties and those on the outside looking in - LSU certainly has been on a steady climb all season and might crack the top 25. USF has been flirting on the edge, but few teams are challenging from outside the ranks, while others in that 18-25 range are also not doing much to maintain their ranking. And the mid-major teams have one advantage in that they just keep piling up wins - eventually one or two will start looking rank worthy when compared to the 20-25 teams that keep piling up losses.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
South Florida needs to be dropped out of the poll.
This is a pivot, Tdf. Your "Go to h.. Carolina Got to h.." posted elsewhere, got stuck in my brain. I realized that the reason was how well it went with "Buckle down Winsocki," a college band staple of yesteryear at one time almost as revered as "On Wisconsin." Perhaps you could add new nasty lyrics that would warm Blue Devil and Wolfpack hearts for years to come. "Give it up Carolina Give it up," would solidify your "G" rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom