Ranking the AAC Quarterbacks | The Boneyard

Ranking the AAC Quarterbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thought this article from the Orlando Sentinal ranking the AAC QBs was worth reading. Have cut back on my BY activities, so not sure if this was posted earlier. BS is ranked in the middle of the pack. I am pumped for the upcoming season. Lots of potential, size, speed and experience! Go Huskies!

Ranking the QB position in AAC

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I'll say this- there isn't a newspaper in the conference that does a better job of conference wide coverage with their content than the Orlando Sentinel. They constantly are putting out stuff like this. Nice find.

Drew

Reaction Score
Also there are a ton of good QB's in the American again this year- but I think Gunner Kiel and Cinci at 6 is absurdly low. There's no way that Kiel and Shirreffs are on the same level as a QB IMO, yet on this list they're listed 6 & 7 respectively. The lowest I'd put Kiel is at 3 behind Evans (stud in a perfect system for him) and Ward Jr. (legitimate Heisman candidate)

Reaction Score
I'll say this- there isn't a newspaper in the conference that does a better job of conference wide coverage with their content than the Orlando Sentinel. They constantly are putting out stuff like this. Nice find.

I agree. As I recall Andrea Adelson who used to write the Big East/ AAC football bog worked for them.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Also there are a ton of good QB's in the American again this year- but I think Gunner Kiel and Cinci at 6 is absurdly low. There's no way that Kiel and Shirreffs are on the same level as a QB IMO, yet on this list they're listed 6 & 7 respectively. The lowest I'd put Kiel is at 3 behind Evans (stud in a perfect system for him) and Ward Jr. (legitimate Heisman candidate)

Kiel is the second best QB in the conference. Maybe he's ranked low because of health issues?

Drew

Reaction Score
Kiel is the second best QB in the conference. Maybe he's ranked low because of health issues?

Could be, but even then Cinci had that back up QB Moore come in last year and absolutely light it up as a Freshman. Their QB depth chart is much better than most of the teams not only in the conference but the country

Reaction Score

Don't forget about Kiels back up, sophomore Hayden Moore. He for sure would make that top ten list as well. Wouldn't shock me if he wins the starting job!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If BS sticks with his progressions he can really do well with what should be a much improved line.

Additionally, I doubt SMUs QB is a household name IN the state of Texas or city of Dallas.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

But he also says that the ranking is mostly due to injuries.

I didn't realize they had so many coaching changes. Should be interesting to see how they handle that. Nice that UConn coaching staff is stable this year.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
But he also says that the ranking is mostly due to injuries.

I didn't realize they had so many coaching changes. Should be interesting to see how they handle that. Nice that UConn coaching staff is stable this year.
If I remember correctly this is the first time in like 8 years UConn will have the same HC OC and QB in consecutive seasons.

Reaction Score
If you remember BS got better after getting the armband playbook, before that we struggled to get on the field with enough time to run plays so I'm hoping those problems have been fully resolved

Reaction Score
What's Kiel now, an 8th year senior?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Aren't these just copy pasta storis from the Big East where every UCONN tankng is 6 or 7 with new names?

Drew

Reaction Score
3-2-1 = okay too early to talk about his transfer?
He's eligible to transfer to any school so long as that school hasn't started classes yet and play in 2016 (although at this point who even knows if he can learn a playbook quickly enough)

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
He's eligible to transfer to any school so long as that school hasn't started classes yet and play in 2016 (although at this point who even knows if he can learn a playbook quickly enough)
Isn't Kiel about 30 years old now, and on his 6th season of eligibility?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Talk about depth. I have seen Kiel on top Qb lists this year and he loses his starting job. I don't get how Cincy does it year in and year out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom