Randy is busy... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Randy is busy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Funny. A good friend of mine from Connecticut is heavily involved in the bedding industry and in telling me stories about all these characters, I know all about the mergers, acquisitions and comebacks on the CT bedding scene.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Good I'm glad you let the cat out of the bag and not me. Lol. Didn't get it from a tweet though, was told by a former coach.

Not exactly shocking,l. This is great news too. Wholley cares about defense, not looking good in his pants.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It looks like Randy won't be busy with any Lion's business after tonight's game. They're going to lose to Seattle.

Reaction Score
The Fordham passing offense had 31TDs and only 5 INTs. That's reason to grab the QB coach as well who was OC at Northern Iowa (hmmm ... FV)

I do think Edsall is predictable on staffing. If you picked 5 guys who have been around him (even as Grad Asst) you'd probably be right. 30% unknown guys and 70% we know.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The Fordham passing offense had 31TDs and only 5 INTs. That's reason to grab the QB coach as well who was OC at Northern Iowa (hmmm ... FV)

I do think Edsall is predictable on staffing. If you picked 5 guys who have been around him (even as Grad Asst) you'd probably be right. 30% unknown guys and 70% we know.

As long as the OC is unknown I will be happy.

How about Shane Stafford as the quarterback coach

Reaction Score
I'm curious to see if any of the Diaco staff gets retained. Only one I wanted to stay was Balis. :(

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Inadequately qualified.

Meh, its a coordinator position, not a head coach running a program. Plus, Edsall is a Defensive coach anyway that can mentor him. Hes a DC. Ow, just at a lower level. Randy knows football, I trust him with this pick. Wholley may be the next Todd orlando. His first opportunity to be a Coordinator was at UConn as well.

Reaction Score
Meh, its a coordinator position, not a head coach running a program. Plus, Edsall is a Defensive coach anyway that can mentor him. Hes a DC. Ow, just at a lower level. Randy knows football, I trust him with this pick. Wholley may be the next Todd orlando. His first opportunity to be a Coordinator was at UConn as well.
I think some would agree with me on this. We can get caught up in what other FBS programs do with their coaching staffstaff's, especially the P5 schools. You see plenty of movement with former HCs or Coordinators from FBS programs move on to another FBS program. Edsall's not built like that.

Reaction Score
I vote Vincent Brown to retain

Why? Undertaker is a good residual from the fall of Diaco

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I wouldn't mind Brown, but only as LB coach and my guess is that Wholley will get that gig (with or without DC attached).

I absolutely want Campbell back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro