Randy Edsall proposes change in way schools offer scholarships | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall proposes change in way schools offer scholarships

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...-randy-edsall-wants-change-recruiting-process

I see this as another salvo in the tug of war between the gold standard football brands and the lesser brands within the P5. (like Rich Rod pushing back against Nick Saban with the hurry up rule). This would mean that more bluechippers would be available to more schools, which would help prevent the glamour schools from stockpiling so much talent.

Reaction Score
What he says makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, he's one of the minority and there's a better chance than not that he'll be unemployed after next season.

Randy's a good guy, but he made a bonehead move in a bonehead way and then underperformed. Tough to do that and be a highly regarded voice.

Reaction Score
They need an early signing period.....which is pretty much the opposite of what randy says.

Of course, i think the opposite of everything randy says is right on.....so i'm not a great judge

Reaction Score
At least Randy is now open and honest about his hyposcrisy. What a phony.

That's a bit harsh. Edsall has no public diplomacy skills whatsoever and his personal interpersonal communication skills seem to be poor as well...but that's who he is.

Edsall has actually been pretty consistent about his feelings on this stuff. I'm pretty sure the concept he lays out, was something he developed and talked about while still at UCONN and pushed for back then too.... it's not new. It's also not going to happen. He's right, in that the game is slowly slipping away, but it's not recruiting practices that are causing it - it's television money grabs and the large scale decisions made because of it over the past 3 decades.

I'd be curious to hear Randy's thoughts on the Northwestern players pushing for unionization (and getting REAL close to making it happen)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Just going to take this opportunity to say that I have exhausted all my Edsall hate.

After 3 years of the P show and a deeper glimpse into the mess that was the Hathaway athletic department, I'm over Randy's complete lack of social graces, his epically awkward departure, and wooden media skills. I'm thankful for what he did for the program, because I can't imagine the UMess we'd be in if the Esdall years were anything close to the P years.

I also reserve the right to keep blaming him for not recruiting a decent passing game and getting blown out by OU because he was looking for another job. But, I don't hate him.

Reaction Score
That's a bit harsh. Edsall has no public diplomacy skills whatsoever and his personal interpersonal communication skills seem to be poor as well...but that's who he is.

Edsall has actually been pretty consistent about his feelings on this stuff. I'm pretty sure the concept he lays out, was something he developed and talked about while still at UCONN and pushed for back then too.... it's not new. It's also not going to happen. He's right, in that the game is slowly slipping away, but it's not recruiting practices that are causing it - it's television money grabs and the large scale decisions made because of it over the past 3 decades.

I'd be curious to hear Randy's thoughts on the Northwestern players pushing for unionization (and getting REAL close to making it happen)

So Randy feels they're doing kids a disservice by getting in on these kids in 9th grade. He thinks it's not good for the kids. But he does it anyway because he values his winning games more than he values these "young men". Honor. Integrity. Doing it the right way. Bullspit. Phony.

Reaction Score
So Randy feels they're doing kids a disservice by getting in on these kids in 9th grade. He thinks it's not good for the kids. But he does it anyway because he values his winning games more than he values these "young men". Honor. Integrity. Doing it the right way. Bullspit. Phony.

This made me smile. Ha! You may be right Jimmy, you might be right.

I'm going to take the high road here, and stick to my opinion that Edsall is simply completely useless in public relations and interpersonal communication, and doesn't intend to come off like such a hypocrite and phony as the repeated pattern of conflict between his words and actions tend to make him appear. They do say that actions are supposed to speak louder than words, and since he left UCONN the way he did, and behaved like he did - no matter what he said......I'm making it hard to defend my point....so I'll just stop

Reaction Score

Randy better focus on not getting shelled in the B1G next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom