Randy Edsall Come Home | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall Come Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There were just many fewer losses though after we finally had a few years of 1A under our belt

Reaction Score
I've posted before that I appreciate his tenure here and wish him no ill-will.

But, I'd rather burn every bridge to Storrs before allowing him re-entry. I don't care if he approached on his knees.
When it comes to saving the program, I can bury the hatchet.... then reburry elsewhere later when the time is propitious.

Reaction Score
RE was the right man for his time and JH deserves all the crap he gets for letting him get away, but. . . . .nah.

Reaction Score
Who else remembers

"We should get rid of Edsall BECAUSE IT CAN"T GET ANY WORSE"

haha
Not to mention "He has taken us as far as he can. We need a new, modern offensive coach, to get us to the next level".

Reaction Score
Take a look at the 2011 Fiesra bowl where UConn played #7 Oklahoma. The offense scored 3 points, had a little more yards rushing, less yards passing,and coincidentally had the same total yards of last night's game. The defense gave up over 500 yds passing and around the same amount of rushing yards. Final score Oklahoma 48 UConn 20. Randy Edsall

Reaction Score
Not to mention "He has taken us as far as he can. We need a new, modern offensive coach, to get us to the next level".
Well, we never tried to get that guy did we. We tried an older Edsall and younger Edsall, but it's like the say nothing beats an original.

He wasaid always looking for his next job till he found it. Worked out great for him, don't know why he would leave there to come back here.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Randy's already "come home".

It was just a visit though.

775003522_56888ae53d_b.jpg

Reaction Score
No way we should go after Edsall. That bridge has been burnt. He is another one of those defensive coaches that will run a boring offense here..... again.

We need to move on from Diaco. He is not going to change. We need an offense coach. Anyone under Briles or Chip Kelly tree will do. Anything is more fun than this boring offense we have to watch day in and day out.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I've posted before that I appreciate his tenure here and wish him no ill-will.

But, I'd rather burn every bridge to Storrs before allowing him re-entry. I don't care if he approached on his knees.
1000000x this.

Is that the bare minimum level we need to get back to? Yes. Is he the guy to do it now? No way.

Reaction Score
Take a look at the 2011 Fiesra bowl where UConn played #7 Oklahoma. The offense scored 3 points, had a little more yards rushing, less yards passing,and coincidentally had the same total yards of last night's game. The defense gave up over 500 yds passing and around the same amount of rushing yards. Final score Oklahoma 48 UConn 20. Randy Edsall

And the Boneyard is back. F### Randy Edsall because we weren't better than Oklahoma. Exactly.

And folks wonder why some of us ask if we have what we deserve. (And to be clear, I don't want Edsall back. But I sure as heck wish he never left.)

Reaction Score
Who else remembers

"We should get rid of Edsall BECAUSE IT CAN"T GET ANY WORSE"

haha
That's not fair. What got worse is the conference we're in. Edsall recruited in a BCS, automatic bid, conference. We are now in the equivalent of a CUSA. I don't think RE would be doing any better than Diaco at this point. Recruiting isn't easy at this place and time.

Reaction Score
And the Boneyard is back. F### Randy Edsall because we weren't better than Oklahoma. Exactly.

And folks wonder why some of us ask if we have what we deserve. (And to be clear, I don't want Edsall back. But I sure as heck wish he never left.)

BL, he is not criticizing RE b/c we didn't beat OK. He is saying that our outing last night was roughly the equivalent of our performance in the Fiesta. In other words, Diaco's team vs a top 10 did about the same as an Edsall team. That's his point.

And you're right on about RE in the sense that his leaving left us in the lurch, we made a panic hire in PP (who were the other options anyway on January 2, 2011?) His leaving led to a very poor, badly executed hire of PP and GD. But I doubt the on field results would have been much different in the 2011 season. Johnny McWalkon at QB, Lyle Mc167lbs as our lead rusher? The offensive cupboard was bare. He could never recruit QBs. He had success at RB but again, we were in a BCS conference after all. Let him try recruiting in this hot mess. I'll take Diaco at this point. At least he spreads optimism.

Reaction Score
BL, he is not criticizing RE b/c we didn't beat OK. He is saying that our outing last night was roughly the equivalent of our performance in the Fiesta. In other words, Diaco's team vs a top 10 did about the same as an Edsall team. That's his point.

And you're right on about RE in the sense that his leaving left us in the lurch, we made a panic hire in PP (who were the other options anyway on January 2, 2011?) His leaving led to a very poor, badly executed hire of PP and GD. But I doubt the on field results would have been much different in the 2011 season. Johnny McWalkon at QB, Lyle Mc167lbs as our lead rusher? The offensive cupboard was bare. He could never recruit QBs. He had success at RB but again, we were in a BCS conference after all. Let him try recruiting in this hot mess. I'll take Diaco at this point. At least he spreads optimism.

You don't have to take him -- we have him.

The conference crap is an excuse for Syracuse beating us at home. It's not an excuse for USF being so much better than us, though, is it?

Someone really wants to compare last night to the Fiesta Bowl. We lost the Fiesta Bowl as Big East Champions, and we hung around at down 14 with the ball around midfield with 10 or 11 minutes left. Anyone want to argue we were hanging around last night with a chance to win with 11 or so minutes left?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Diaco leans left.

Greatness-vs.-Mediocrity.png

Reaction Score
You don't have to take him -- we have him.

The conference crap is an excuse for Syracuse beating us at home. It's not an excuse for USF being so much better than us, though, is it?

Someone really wants to compare last night to the Fiesta Bowl. We lost the Fiesta Bowl as Big East Champions, and we hung around at down 14 with the ball around midfield with 10 or 11 minutes left. Anyone want to argue we were hanging around last night with a chance to win with 11 or so minutes left?

You're still up? We must be compatriots. All the poster was saying was our offensive performance in the Fiesta was not all that much different than last night's. That's all. In terms of offensive production, it was similar. RE had a much better defense than we have now. Much better. No question. We were a BCS team back then. We are G5 now. It makes a difference.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
LOL! You're killing me. I'm back up on my chair now. Anyway, how about Edsall? Left or right?

He leaned right. It was a painful, arthritic lean but it tilted right.

Sadly, he gave up before the story was finished. He could have been King here but he crept away when we needed him most.

He's an acquaintance of UCONN, not a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom