rain dance time | The Boneyard

rain dance time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
over the next two to three weeks were going to have hundreds of kids on campus in camps from team to individuals style. included in that will be many good prospects and about eight to ten serious ct propects i would like to land. i believe we are potentially in good shape with five local kids gloing into camp and i think we can land a couple of them. what we need to do is get one on board and get him recruiting the others. this has been my sylva complaint all along if you remember not getting hima offical verbal...

bc has been doing real well in new england no doubt. they are hot on a lot of ct kids. they have landed outlow. but that is all in ct right now. we still have some time to save the state but it has to happen soon. these next couple weeks are go time or go home. its now or this summer is going to drag major....i see no reason why marchi, holmes, newsome, dintino and phillips should not be in play. all 5 should be our focus. also kids like cooper, wayne, harris ,linta, cioffi and barmore(kid got real jacked the past offseason huh?) among others. lets get back in on coggins. no matter how ugly the program and school cloud is right now, it is completely possible to wake both fans and locals up. the way to do that is land locals. newspapers, hs stands and local bagel shops will buzz. its now or never. so i ask all of you to put on your costumes, drink and start dancing.

we have 15 slots to fill. some of these may be filled in by prep/juco guys we have on tap.
qb-
ol(c)-
ol-bryan
dl-
dl-
lb-sylva
lb-
db-
db-
wr-
te-fuchs
rb-
rb/wr-
ath/ol-
ath/p-

i would liek nothing more than to look at this board on june 24th and see half to 75% of this chart known.

Reaction Score
keep in mind 3 or 4 more of these spots are already known to the coaching staff with grey shirts (unless they plan on cutting kids before summer camp opens up).....so technically without cutting we are at almost 50% already...

Reaction Score
I do believe Syracuse offered Cooper

I don't believe Harold Cooper has any offers yet... May be attending Cuse camp on June 7th but don't think they offered.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
keep in mind 3 or 4 more of these spots are already known to the coaching staff with grey shirts (unless they plan on cutting kids before summer camp opens up).....so technically without cutting we are at almost 50% already...
I am really hoping we can land Cooper.
I don't believe Harold Cooper has any offers yet... May be attending Cuse camp on June 7th but don't think they offered.
I do believe Syracuse offered Cooper

I made a point to say the 24th because I believe that is the move in date for our new freshmen. When we find out who did not move in we will know who went to prep school besides fuchs. I suspect a couple will be and we will also see 1 or 2 kids not return and go fcs. I also speculate that a early NYC commit and a late ct commit may both be saying a gs prep year also. It's very up in the air. One thing p has done well is get the ct prep schools and Milford on our good side. Most prep schools has a certain number of ships each so it's hard to place kids. This is one area p has truly helped uconn. I suspect he had great ties for this but it's not a hard thing, look at what the dazzler has done the past couple at temple and now bc. Same thing. We just need a guy who can do this type of stuff but also run a offense. Anyway.

I was told cooper had a offer from the old bc staff and I'm not aware he has one from the dazzler yet. Bc wants a 2nd rb and he is def on there radar. Losing Thomas really threw them for a loop. Phillips has temple and Cuse offers. He grew up a Cuse and wvu fan. He's is sios cuz and been to uconn plenty. It's a crime we have not offered him a app/slot position. He is shifty and fast. He's family.

Bc has been on a roll and outlow hurt especially after all the yelling for a solid 8months I did about him. But we still have a chance to take back the state if we can make some noise. We brought in a great load of ct kids last year. For u twitter guys as camp approaches, if there was ever a time to make some noise and try to show a pulse of ct stay home blah blah, it's right now. Juice this pig up.

Reaction Score
I was told cooper had a offer from the old bc staff and I'm not aware he has one from the dazzler yet. Bc wants a 2nd rb and he is def on there radar.

I remember both CT Post and NHR putting that out last year and it may still be true but none of the sites have him listed with any offers. (Which in itself is strange).

Reaction Score
I made a point to say the 24th because I believe that is the move in date for our new freshmen. When we find out who did not move in we will know who went to prep school besides fuchs. I suspect a couple will be and we will also see 1 or 2 kids not return and go fcs. I also speculate that a early NYC commit and a late ct commit may both be saying a gs prep year also. It's very up in the air.

TH and CO?

How about MB from PA? (seems like he would be redshirting anyways)

Reaction Score
With Anderson graduating, Cooper will finally get some big carries. He's probably the fastest of them all. Would he consider being a slot guy? I want him and Newsome, but both are on the small side.
If we're taking two backs, I'd like one with some size.

Reaction Score
Hate to mention it, just my impression about Cooper, but I believe Staff will be very, repeat very, careful about offering players from Hillhouse High for awhile. Not saying they won’t, but after the Bryan episode, IMO they will be extra careful about transcripts and supposed passed classes in the future….

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

@kcc1442
Mb and co are in play but the other I was referring to as a possible was ff.

With Anderson graduating, Cooper will finally get some big carries. He's probably the fastest of them all. Would he consider being a slot guy? I want him and Newsome, but both are on the small side.

this is why outlow and Thomas were such big catches. Especially outlow.

Reaction Score
I don't see Cooper being a slot guy. I said this the HFD many times. He reminds me of Maurice Jones-Drew. Small, compact, strong, built like a tank, and has 4.3 speed. He will be a TB. I could see Newsome being an APB/slot.

Reaction Score
I don't see Cooper being a slot guy. I said this the HFD many times. He reminds me of Maurice Jones-Drew. Small, compact, strong, built like a tank, and has 4.3 speed. He will be a TB. I could see Newsome being an APB/slot.

I hate when people get fixated on the height/weight of a running back. People need to watch Cooper run, and see the players sliding off his body when he runs (indicative of immense lower body strength). He runs inside very well as well. Great vision, and ridiculous acceleration. I want this kid wearing a UCONN uniform. There is plenty of room for both Newsome and Cooper.

pj

Reaction Score
Yes, I want Cooper and Newsome both. Cooper has elite speed. We'll find a way to get both on the field, and both will add value.

Reaction Score
Cooper might be short, but has the lower body of a running back.
Cooper.jpg

Reaction Score
Hey maybe I missed this along the way. Are Sylva and Bryant joining in January?? What's the status of all that?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
qb-
ol(c)-
ol-bryan(dean juco)
dl-
dl-
lb-sylva(dean juco)
lb-
db-branford(fuma)
db-
wr-
te-fuchs(milford acd)
rb-
rb/wr-
ath/ol-
ath/p-

Reaction Score

desmondconner 3:21pm via Web
#UConnFootball isn't expecting any transfers in this off-season...

desmondconner 3:22pm via Web
It'll be another couple weeks before Pasqualoni gets the final deal on academic casualties but things "look good" right now #UConnFootball

Reaction Score
expecting transfers in, out, or both? You never know with Dez, he can be loose with words.

Reaction Score
Welp there is another spot that opened up. Now we have 3 more to go by my count. 90 to 85 is 5. Fuchs (prep) Hansson (gone).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom