R.I.P. 6 | The Boneyard

R.I.P. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
It was a sad day when he was killed. RIP, Jazz.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
A little misty, just thinking about it. So sad. RIP, Jazz.

Reaction Score
God bless his family. What great memories on the field of that kid. Very sad he left so soon.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Bless him and his family.

The game against Notre Dame was one of the games I most enjoyed watching, it's amazing what football can do.

Reaction Score
makes me sad..... thanks for posting

he could be playing on Sunday's.

U

UConn9604

This one was buried beneath Santini's in my original post above but is also very good.

Also, Fat White Guy's post today is also very, very good (and uniquely sourced):

http://www.thefatwhiteguy.com/index...sing-of-my-friend-and-teammate-jasper-howard/

Jasper was definitely special. Everything he did on the field was special. He played with a swagger that Jim Calhoun would have loved. Come to think of it, that's about the highest praise I can give a player for my alma mater.

Reaction Score
Andre Dixon@Andre_Dixon
We will make sure they never forget about you bruh... #LIVE365 http://instagr.am/p/Q0WKXFlLEq/

We will make sure they never forget about you bruh... #LIVE365

Reaction Score
I'm glad someone reminds me of this date as I lose track of time in my daily pursuits, such a fine young man. I remember the end of the RU game a week after his death, thought we had the game won for Jazz and sobbed along with the lady that sat in front of me ,at the end of the game, as RU celebrated the win. I have never hated RU more than at that game.

Reaction Score
You hate us because we won a game?

At least it was his childhood friend who scored the winning TD.

I couldn't think of a better script than having some heart wrenching close losses and then winning on national TV against one of the machines of college football where players and even coaches are just near faceless spokes on the wheel. It was like two completely ideas of what college football is going against each other, and the underdog (not really though but you know what I mean) good guys finally got the win they deserved.

My 2 cents.

Reaction Score
That was a great tribute to Jazz, bringing me back to the good ole days of UConn football. For some reason, I'm loving the old jerseys as well. The Connecticut looked great across the chest on Jazz and rest of the team, more unique I guess.

Reaction Score
Jay to me that just made the loss worse. No I don't know what you mean by good guys got the win they deserve. We are the good guys. Take your 2 cents back to your board.

Reaction Score
I was referring to you as the good guys against ND......now reread the last paragraph knowing it's about ND vs UCONN.

Reaction Score
Jay to me that just made the loss worse. No I don't know what you mean by good guys got the win they deserve. We are the good guys. Take your 2 cents back to your board.

I think he was being cool

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
That game also brings back the absolute most angry moment for me @ The Rent...

That BS called back 2 pt conversion. Still irritates me.

Reaction Score
I was referring to you as the good guys against ND......now reread the last paragraph knowing it's about ND vs UCONN.

Sorry I thought that RU considers itself "one of the machines of college football" like USC of the east. I guess I'm just dense!

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Wow and amazing video in the beginning of thread gave me chills,it's in times like these we tend to look back and remember years ago no matter how long or short it may be,sometimes we smile,sometimes we cry,but sometimes we just tend to think what might have been, be well Jazz were ever you may be.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
RIP Jazz.

I can't believe three years has passed so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom