Quinnipiac @ UConn 11/17/2015 - 7pm | The Boneyard

Quinnipiac @ UConn 11/17/2015 - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm going with 3 QU grads including my gf. This game could get ugly for many reasons.

Reaction Score
I'll be interested to see how many Quinnipiac fans make the trip. Should be a lively crowd

Reaction Score
UConnMHOC 7:40pm via Twitter Web Client
End 1: #UConn 2, QU 1. Max Letunov tallied his nation leading 7th power play assist on the first goal of that period. #IceBus

Goals by Masonius and Kalter. Anas for QU

Reaction Score
Miller and baker ruined the game. 7 minute penalty? A QU player kicked a UConn player while he was down. No penalty. 10 minute wait..:: nothing....

Refs suck this game

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Richardson cost them the game. You can't cross check a guy in the head.

Reaction Score
Pecknold is a ..he showed it last year in his post game interview and this yr with his goon squad. Connor Clifton is a loud mouth who can't really skate all that well. This game was lost by the refs when they let it go in the 1st period. Last time I knew as a goalie..even in beer league when you are standing up looking at your own teammates cover the puck in your crease..it's a penalty shot. The one thing I'm gonna say about this program..when your freshmen and sophomore's are miles better than
Your Junior's..it's gonna be a LONG year.

Reaction Score
Richardson's penalties were legit. At the intermission, Quinnipiac realized they are the best team in country currently and played like it. UConn was not winning this game once they took a 3-2 lead.

You could tell how much Pecknold wanted it when he put Garteig in to start the second.

Question: Has anyone noticed how invisible Letunov has been during 5 on 5 play the last few games?

Reaction Score
This game WAS going to be close. Refs ruined it. Tons of 1 and 1 penalties that should have just been 1 team. Yes, that Richardson penalty was legit, but not 7. During that 10 minute break, they should have called something against QU. UConn player tripped on his own near bench, QU player kicked em. Unsportsmanlike conduct. Something. Fdny99, you're close, did you see anything right near the bench? Cause right after, Richardson gave up that penalty. They were pissed.... And for a good reason.

Reaction Score
This game WAS going to be close. Refs ruined it. Tons of 1 and 1 penalties that should have just been 1 team. Yes, that Richardson penalty was legit, but not 7. During that 10 minute break, they should have called something against QU. UConn player tripped on his own near bench, QU player kicked em. Unsportsmanlike conduct. Something. Fdny99, you're close, did you see anything right near the bench? Cause right after, Richardson gave up that penalty. They were pissed.... And for a good reason.
Explain to me how its not seven when he was called for interference to draw the whistle and committed the five after the whistle? 5+2=7. The major was served first.

Stop saying this game was going to be close and the refs ruined it.

Reaction Score
Thank you for explaining it QU fan. I guess I missed it. I see 7 against UConn, I get pissed and don't listen to reason.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Pecknold is a ..he showed it last year in his post game interview and this yr with his goon squad. Connor Clifton is a loud mouth who can't really skate all that well. This game was lost by the refs when they let it go in the 1st period. Last time I knew as a goalie..even in beer league when you are standing up looking at your own teammates cover the puck in your crease..it's a penalty shot. The one thing I'm gonna say about this program..when your freshmen and sophomore's are miles better than
Your Junior's..it's gonna be a LONG year.
In defense of the juniors, there is only four of them with one being Nichols. Richardson has been decent. He was the best player one game. Segalla leaves a lot to be desired especially for a fourth round pick.

How is Segalla a fourth round pick and Masonius goes undrafted?

I will say something big is missing this year. They have more talent this year but are worse record wise. I think something changed with the mentality of this team since last season. Maybe Tyson and company had a much bigger impact mentally on the team last season.

Question now is will Letunov stick around for next year after this lost season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The game misconduct was a fairly obvious call but the refs had no idea what was going on all game.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The officiating was HORRENDOUS tonight. 7 power plays to 2??? A missed penalty shot that the refs blew dead because the puck was frozen...while Lawrence was standing up watching OUTSIDE OF HIS CREASE. #11 was sitting on the puck, smothering it, and preventing UConn from putting it in. That's all fine and good but you can't blow the whistle for losing sight of the puck with nobody in the QU crease except for #11 sitting not the puck. That's either a live play OR you call a penalty shot if you blow the play dead. Horrendous.

QU is obviously the better, more talented team, and likely would have won this game without a full period worth of power plays. But the stuff that was going on the ice was going both ways - it was not as one sided as Miller and Baker called it tonight.

Reaction Score
In defense of the juniors, there is only four of them with one being Nichols. Richardson has been decent. He was the best player one game. Segalla leaves a lot to be desired especially for a fourth round pick.

How is Segalla a fourth round pick and Masonius goes undrafted?

I will say something big is missing this year. They have more talent this year but are worse record wise. I think something changed with the mentality of this team since last season. Maybe Tyson and company had a much bigger impact mentally on the team last season.

Question now is will Letunov stick around for next year after this lost season.
I was referring specifically to Segalla and Kunnas. If their level of play matched that of Richardson it would be a lot of help. Mac that blows my mind as well. IMHO Masonius has been one of if not the best defenseman so far this season. I was disappointed Gendron sat tonight.

Reaction Score
100% agree with Dooley. Quinnipiac is clearly the better team but once UConn went up 2-0, it was almost as if they officials decided to take the game over. There is no way the game was as one-sided penalty wise as the officials called it.

Reaction Score
Dooley said:
The officiating was HORRENDOUS tonight. 7 power plays to 2??? A missed penalty shot that the refs blew dead because the puck was frozen...while Lawrence was standing up watching OUTSIDE OF HIS CREASE. #11 was sitting on the puck, smothering it, and preventing UConn from putting it in. That's all fine and good but you can't blow the whistle for losing sight of the puck with nobody in the QU crease except for #11 sitting not the puck. That's either a live play OR you call a penalty shot if you blow the play dead. Horrendous. QU is obviously the better, more talented team, and likely would have won this game without a full period worth of power plays. But the stuff that was going on the ice was going both ways - it was not as one sided as Miller and Baker called it tonight.
We were relentless on Baker in the corner. Absolute shat show officiating. UConn clearly outclassed but we had a chance until the refs got involved. And I'm sorry to Baker's mother.

Reaction Score
The officiating was HORRENDOUS tonight. 7 power plays to 2??? A missed penalty shot that the refs blew dead because the puck was frozen...while Lawrence was standing up watching OUTSIDE OF HIS CREASE. #11 was sitting on the puck, smothering it, and preventing UConn from putting it in. That's all fine and good but you can't blow the whistle for losing sight of the puck with nobody in the QU crease except for #11 sitting not the puck. That's either a live play OR you call a penalty shot if you blow the play dead. Horrendous.

QU is obviously the better, more talented team, and likely would have won this game without a full period worth of power plays. But the stuff that was going on the ice was going both ways - it was not as one sided as Miller and Baker called it tonight.
Totally agree Dooley...and the ONLY call to make there is call the penalty shot. They hang the visiting team line-up in front of us..you get good at reading uniform numbers, height's and weight's and class backwards after a few games. I googled some of the QU kids who were listed as Jr's. Example..Sam Anas is 22 yrs old as a Jr. This will take a bit of time to get there. Nice to see a good crowd tonight with men's hoops also playing. I definitely think that the hockey crowd is a niche crowd which is nice.

Reaction Score
Quinnipicac plays the type of game that is enabled when players are not allowed to police themselves, and exhibit A of of the type of hockey you get when full face shields are mandated. They would not survive half a season under pro rules.

Reaction Score
The refs were bad, but you could see the fight and confidence get sucked out of UCONN after those 2 quick goals. there was no turning back after that. I was hoping someone would stand up, be a "leader", and pull the team together. just saw a lot of hanging heads though. They're young, the future looks bright, but it is going to be a long season.

Reaction Score
Quinnipicac plays the type of game that is enabled when players are not allowed to police themselves, and exhibit A of of the type of hockey you get when full face shields are mandated. They would not survive half a season under pro rules.
I tweeted to QU D Connor Clifford (4) last night after the game that he better
Learn how to fight because his antics will get him an a** beating in the AHL (he is a frame 5th end draft choice of the Coyotes). I got a front row seat to the antics by the bench's and QU definitely pushed us around a bit. Kids like Masonius and Thompson pushed back. Let's just say that I wasn't surprised at Richardson's cross check and that it was definitely earned by Jonzzon from some prior actions he pulled again by the bench. My motto on the ice..live by the sword die by the sword...

Reaction Score
I tweeted to QU D Connor Clifford (4) last night after the game that he better
Learn how to fight because his antics will get him an a** beating in the AHL (he is a frame 5th end draft choice of the Coyotes). I got a front row seat to the antics by the bench's and QU definitely pushed us around a bit. Kids like Masonius and Thompson pushed back. Let's just say that I wasn't surprised at Richardson's cross check and that it was definitely earned by Jonzzon from some prior actions he pulled again by the bench. My motto on the ice..live by the sword die by the sword...
Forgot to mention this. I sit near the visiting team locker room runway. The first period ended in that zone. At horn, the QU bench emptied, putting about 18 QU skaters to 5 for UCONN. Nearly every Q player shouldered or butt ended a UCONN player on way to locker room. Just real weasel, !-, Claude Lemieux stuff that will get you hurt the pro game. Richardson lost his head sure, but I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom