Questions you want asked at Friday's presser | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Questions you want asked at Friday's presser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tyler Davis.

I would answer it this way -- given how thin we are at QB, with any new staff I would be shocked if anyone wanted another shot at QB they wouldn't look at it. Especially where, as here, there is no immediate need for him to play TE. That having been said, each time he threw that fake FB pass to the sideline it looked to me like he just had no arm strength whatsoever, so I would be shocked if he ends up being our QB.

But, as I said, any coach who comes in would explore every possibility he had at QB.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I would answer it this way -- given how thin we are at QB, with any new staff I would be shocked if anyone wanted another shot at QB they wouldn't look at it. Especially where, as here, there is no immediate need for him to play TE. That having been said, each time he threw that fake FB pass to the sideline it looked to me like he just had no arm strength whatsoever, so I would be shocked if he ends up being our QB.

But, as I said, any coach who comes in would explore every possibility he had at QB.
He's got (a couple days, more or less) nine months to improve his arm strength. If he can read a college defense and dump it off to the hot receiver when the quick slant isn't there, I'm game.

Danny Wuerffel, Chad Pennington, and (obviously I don't project Davis to be the best NFL QB of all time, but) Tom Brady all had average, at best, arm strength in college. Accuracy is far more important.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He's got (a couple days, more or less) nine months to improve his arm strength. If he can read a college defense and dump it off to the hot receiver when the quick slant isn't there, I'm game.

I don't particularly care who our QB is -- just how he plays. But I didn't get any sense that the team was being torn apart because they thought Davis was their QB of the future and he was moved.

Husky25

Reaction Score
...I didn't get any sense that the team was being torn apart because they thought Davis was their QB of the future and he was moved.

And I didn't get the sense that Diaco was relieved of his duties because he wore cranberry pants and provided off-the-wall soundbites. OTOH, he recognized at least some talent in the lad. I think he foresaw Shirreffs as a 3 year QB and contrary to his remarks about not switching Davis back, he would have been given a chance his RJr. year.

Reaction Score
And I didn't get the sense that Diaco was relieved of his duties because he wore cranberry pants and provided off-the-wall soundbites. OTOH, he recognized at least some talent in the lad. I think he foresaw Shirreffs as a 3 year QB and contrary to his remarks about not switching Davis back, he would have been given a chance his RJr. year.

O.k. I don't mean to be fighting you on this.

My guess is that if Davis wants to try out again at QB in the spring, given the thinness of our depth there I can't see why any new staff wouldn't take a look.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Our next QB is sitting on the bench somewhere at another P5 school. With Diaco out, we now are wide open for a Juco and grad year kid for immediate playing time. I'll take one of each please. Sherriffs should be our #1 backup to whomever comes in. D. Williams should be told to soak up football like a sponge in 2017 on the bench and think about gunning for 2018.

Reaction Score
I doubt he ever says the word sorry, nevermind very sorry.

The press release says, ""Certainly as I look back on it, I wish I had done things differently in that instance," said Edsall. "I completely understand and respect that there are loyal fans, supporters and former players that still have not forgotten and it will take time to forgive."

That's as good as you are going to get.
That's in the press release? If so good for them to get out in front of it a bit

Reaction Score
What will it take to get UConn into the ACC or B10? Is that a possibility? What does UConn have to do with football program to be competitive for future realignment?

Husky25

Reaction Score
O.k. I don't mean to be fighting you on this.

My guess is that if Davis wants to try out again at QB in the spring, given the thinness of our depth there I can't see why any new staff wouldn't take a look.
I don't mean to be fighting either, BL. I just want it all to work out. I was skeptical about Former head "coach" Pasqualoni, and was right. I was bullish on Diaco, and was quite wrong. Given my 50/50 track record, I really don't know what to expect from Edsall 2.0, but as of right now, I can't say I am really enthused.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

I'll believe anything, at this point.

I mean, crazy bob kept telling us how fast DW's release was. To me, he looked like the second coming of Randall Cunningham (unfortunately only in terms of release speed).

Reaction Score
Seriously ... "Coach, with the way you left the program and especially your players last time, in addition to the way you treated the media and fans in such a condescending manner the last time you were here... Why should Uconn Nation welcome you back or continue to support you?

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Tyler Davis.
I like Tyler at the flanker pos. If used properly...can be a huge..I'm sorry YUUGE performer. Has the speed and size to be a big time mismatch for DB's and LB's.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Have you ever owned or wore--or considered owning or wearing--cranberry pants?
Abercrombie-Rouge ....to be exact. Don't ask me how I know. I won't answer it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"Coach, you were known for a pretty conservative offense while you were here. Do you plan to implement the same schemes? Any chance UConn will run a spread offense?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom