Questions you want asked at Friday's presser | The Boneyard

Questions you want asked at Friday's presser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
i) What kind of budget did UConn give your for your staff?
ii) What did you learn in Maryland that you will apply in your return to UConn?
iii) Has your approach to scouting and recruiting players evolved since you left and if so, how?
iv) What is your vision for the team on offense and defense?
v) Did you manage to bring a pair of OTs and a five star QB with you?

Reaction Score
Have to ask him if he regrets the way he left. I want an honest answer.

He won't give the honest answer because it will just stir up more debate. "Of course I would rather have told my players in person, but my offer was conditioned upon keeping quiet until I flew to Maryland and had the presser there and I wasn't willing to risk the deal -- which was important to me and my family -- so I could tell my players first."

Hopefully he wlll just say "I was very sorry for the order of events and that I didn't tell my players first."

Reaction Score
He needs to apologize for the way he left. He showed ZERO class. None.

I would ask him to apologize.

Reaction Score
Have to ask him if he regrets the way he left. I want an honest answer.
If he's smart he will address this in his opening statement and get ahead of it. No doubt he will be asked by the media so just come out and talk about right after you give your 30 seconds about how great it is to be back, etc.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Are you open to returning players who switched roles under the preceding regime back to their original (and dare I say rightful) position?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He won't give the honest answer because it will just stir up more debate. "Of course I would rather have told my players in person, but my offer was conditioned upon keeping quiet until I flew to Maryland and had the presser there and I wasn't willing to risk the deal -- which was important to me and my family -- so I could tell my players first."

Hopefully he wlll just say "I was very sorry for the order of events and that I didn't tell my players first."
I doubt he ever says the word sorry, nevermind very sorry.

The press release says, ""Certainly as I look back on it, I wish I had done things differently in that instance," said Edsall. "I completely understand and respect that there are loyal fans, supporters and former players that still have not forgotten and it will take time to forgive."

That's as good as you are going to get.

Reaction Score
Question: Is Orlovsky announced as your OC before or after Detroit gets bounced from the playoffs?

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Question :

Hey Randy boy, you had one of the most creative offensive coordinators in college football with Joe Moorhead and you couldn't field a competent offense, will you completely stifle your next OC the way you did with Joe?

Hey Randy, in all your travels as a coach, have you ever met a bigger bouchedag than @Palatine ?

Reaction Score
Question:

Hey Randy boy, will you still thank and praise the coaches after every win, basically patting yourself on the back?

And will complain about lack of execution after every loss, basically blaming the players?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
do you think UConn is a stepping stone? or are you committed for LIFE if we want you?

Reaction Score
1. What's your realistic timeframe for turning our program around?
2. What's your primary motivation for electing to return to UConn? ( Redeem yourself? Confident you can pick-up where you left off performance-wise? Other?)
3. What happened at Maryland that you won't allow to happen this time round at Uconn?
4. How much input do you feel a Head Coach should have in a team's offense? Strategy-wise? Play calling?
5. Have you had any chance to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the current Uconn team? If so, recognizing that personnel will change next year, what's your assessment and how do you see positively affecting our weaknesses and maximizing our strengths?
6. Finally, are you ready to confront the second-guessing that will be following you in respect to your performance and choice as our head coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom